Suspected active shooter investigation involving news crew

Tunnel vision perhaps? The cameraman is focused on filming the interview and the reporter is focused on the subject.

I understand the cameraman not picking it up, but the reporter basically had a gun pointed in her face and she didn't even pick up on it. Not that she could have done anything to prevent this, but if she panicked it may have caused him to rethink it, or at least miss.

One thing I took away from it was how much he waived the gun around in the open in front of 3 people and no one noticed it. Then he waited for the news camera to pan over to her and that's when he shot. I understand paying attention to what you are doing, but how do you not glance up at a large dark figure that walks up and starts pointing something at you 4 feet away?

There was probably some lighting, etc. Plus thinking of the questions, etc. She was only 24 so probably hasn't been on air very long.

Much sadness for the victims, their families and their loved ones. I can't unsee the first-person vid. The perp is evil incarnate.

One thing I took away from it was how much he waived the gun around in the open in front of 3 people and no one noticed it. Then he waited for the news camera to pan over to her and that's when he shot. I understand paying attention to what you are doing, but how do you not glance up at a large dark figure that walks up and starts pointing something at you 4 feet away?

It's pretty easy for someone to get absorbed in something. Just walk up behind a friend who is on their cell phone and tap them on their shoulder. Most humans don't multitask very well unless they expend a lot of time getting used to doing more than one thing at once. These news crews are particularly vulnerable probably because they spend a lot of time ignoring background BS while filming, etc. So they're conditioned to be just about in the white while filming.

-Mike

I understand the cameraman not picking it up, but the reporter basically had a gun pointed in her face and she didn't even pick up on it. Not that she could have done anything to prevent this, but if she panicked it may have caused him to rethink it, or at least miss.

That makes sense but maybe it was one of those situations where her brain couldn't process what was happening, or at least not fast enough to react.

You ever have something happen and don't quite realize what's going in on right away? I was driving eastbound on Rt. 101 in NH one day during some bad weather. A VW SUV on the other side of the goddamned road was going too fast and not only did he end up in the median and flipped over, he flew through the air and landed all the way on my side of the road right behind me. If it had happened a few seconds earlier I would have driven my F150 right into it.

While I "saw" it happen in real time I couldn't quite process it until a few seconds later.

She probably thought it was a cel phone.

Yep... But it wouldn't fit their "agenda" the way a shooting does. Barry's probably slumped on the couch drawing up the executive order nullifying the 2nd Amendment right now...

One thing's for sure, he's definitely not calling this one "workplace violence". Even though that probably comes closest to what it was.

I'm not normally a vindictive kind of person, but I make an exception in this case. I hope the S.O.B. lives so the SOs of the two victims and the injured victim can take him out in like manner.

I think he didn't "sneak" up on them. In the camera footage that caught his image it looks like he's holding something in his left hand. My suspicions is a small video camera. That I think that is backed up by the fact that he zooms/focuses his video he took. I think he walked up filming them and she simply looks over her shoulder, sees him filming, recognizes him, and goes back to work. Just after her split second look over the shoulder, the gun becomes "visible" in his right hand. Just my guess, but I think he had it tucked up alongside the camera and he nor the gun raised any level of suspicion.

CNN just had a clip from the white house already talking about measures needing to be taken in congress for more gun control.

this shit againnnnnnnnnnnnnn. i honestly don't understand what the **** is wrong with people when they think it's okay to capitalize on the deaths of innocent people to push their political agenda.

their bodies are probably only now cold and politics are already in play. why do people think this kind of behavior is horrible? it's immoral and disgusting.

this shit againnnnnnnnnnnnnn. i honestly don't understand what the **** is wrong with people when they think it's okay to capitalize on the deaths of innocent people to push their political agenda.

their bodies are probably only now cold and politics are already in play. why do people think this kind of behavior is horrible? it's immoral and disgusting.

Never let a good tragedy go to waste: That is the Bloomberg way.

He used a Glock (per video). Media will eat that up. Plus he fired 14 shots? Meaning a standard cap mag. Media will also eat that up.

I hate to say it but, sense he wasn't white Obama will not speak about it (except possibly in a "workplace violence" round about way) and the pundits will quickly move away from the story.

I hate to say it but, sense he wasn't white Obama will not speak about it (except possibly in a "workplace violence" round about way) and the pundits will quickly move away from the story.

we'll see.

non-white shooter, used a handgun and not an evil killy assault ghost rape gun.

however the whole live-posting the shit on social media is a real draw. i've never seen anyone else do such a thing, like immediately after the killings.

total whackjob status.

we'll see.

non-white shooter, used a handgun and not an evil killy assault ghost rape gun.

however the whole live-posting the shit on social media is a real draw. i've never seen anyone else do such a thing, like immediately after the killings.

total whackjob status.

I guarantee you, that this is going to open the doors to the future killers. Any sort of attention seeking rich brats that were ignored and bullied, to the "activists," and just the run of the mill pyschos. It's a god damn shame that the media is just blasting this (not that they couldn't, it's what they do) but I think they just inadvertently raised the bar for dipshit cowards to get attention and misplaced glory.

Last edited:
Hopefully the family of at least one of the victims is pro-constitution and will publicly shame all of these scumbag politicians lobbying the American public from atop the body bags.

twitter had the page down within 10 minutes, not sure about facebook. thing is that once it hits the internet? there's no controlling it, it's going to spread exponentially and go absolutely apeshit.

deep down this guy seemed like a whiny coward to me. whining about race, women, work, and ultimately not having the balls to shoot it out with the cops.

i want to read his little manifesto to see how he justifies what he's done.

Hopefully the family of at least one of the victims is pro-constitution and will publicly shame all of these scumbag politicians lobbying the American public from atop the body bags.

They'll likely blame the gun and not the "disgruntled former employee".

Just watched the POV video. Damn that was disturbing. Cannot believe neither one saw him hold the gun up, then back away and then shoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The White House has called the Virginia shooting “another example of gun violence that is becoming all too common in communities large and small all across the United States.”

Press secretary Josh Earnest said: “obviously the thoughts and prayers of everybody here at the White House are with the families of those who were injured and killed. The precise details of threat incident continue to be under investigation.

“And while there is no piece of legislation that will end all violence, there are some common sense things that only Congress can do that we know will have a tangible impact on reducing gun violence in this country.

“Congress could take those steps in a way that would not infringe on the constitutional rights of law-abiding Americans. And the president has long advocated the president taking those steps, and the president continues to believe that they should do so.”

Doesn't sound like anything coming down the pipe. Sounds like Obama wants to do something but will blame the right why he can't.

The White House has called the Virginia shooting “another example of gun violence that is becoming all too common in communities large and small all across the United States.”

Press secretary Josh Earnest said: “obviously the thoughts and prayers of everybody here at the White House are with the families of those who were injured and killed. The precise details of threat incident continue to be under investigation.

“And while there is no piece of legislation that will end all violence, there are some common sense things that only Congress can do that we know will have a tangible impact on reducing gun violence in this country.

“Congress could take those steps in a way that would not infringe on the constitutional rights of law-abiding Americans. And the president has long advocated the president taking those steps, and the president continues to believe that they should do so.”

Doesn't sound like anything coming down the pipe. Sounds like Obama wants to do something but will blame the right why he can't.

Same as always, he's a lame duck. Really guys, if sandy hook couldn't get federal gun control passed, nothing will. Still have to watch out on the state side of course, though nothing has happened there as well since then.

Just watched the POV video. Damn that was disturbing. Cannot believe neither one saw him hold the gun up, then back away and then shoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched it myself. Un effing real. Did not expect the guy to video the thing.

And as far as Obama is concerned. Yea, I bet he's sad. About as sad as when he wiped that fake tear while reading the names of the SH kids.

Back
Top Bottom