• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Suffolk DA calls for tighter firearms laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly...we also have to consider that LEO's are just that....they enforce the law not make the law. I won't be so bold as to speak for anyone in law enforcement but I assume that some may not like the laws either. But it's not up to them to pick and choose which ones to enforce. Their job is to enforce them all regardless of whether or not they agree with them.

I've said it in another thread.....if they show up at my door they can come in for some coffee and then take them away. I'll fight for my rights within the law.

There comes a line which must be drawn though. Frankly, if I were a
LEO, and I was told I had to take someone's guns away where they otherwise
had done nothing wrong, I'd surrender my badge immediately.
Those who choose to enforce the "law" even when the law was clearly and
blatantly wrong on numerous moral and ethical levels are no longer deserving
of my respect. You're basically saying that because the law is a law, that LEOs
shouldn't have a spine when it comes to distinguishing between what clearly is
right and wrong? (IMO, the taking by the government of lawfully owned property
without just compensation is wrong, as well as deprivation of ones rights to keep
and bear arms, so that's two strikes right there. The second strike especially
is a pretty big one, given that its a right enumerated in the constitution. )

And if they show up to take your guns away, you won't be fighting for
anything, because the battle will already be over. Filing a lawsuit once
the "rebecca peters IANSA gun collection bus" comes to your house to
collect your guns is just a -bit- too late to be worth much of anything.
I'm sure there are some corpses in New Orleans that would have a few stories
to tell about how well "letting the nice man from the police take their guns
away" worked out for them. [rolleyes] I'm actually very surprised
that there wasn't any resistance in NO. It's probably because the people
who had stuff confiscated and taken away from them were deceived into
believing that the police were there to "help" them and didn't believe that
they would steal their belongings. I'm sure the police didnt knock on
the door and yell "were here for the guns!". Additionally, NOPD
was so corrupt that I would not be surprised if some of the guns were
not "confiscated" so much as stolen by corrupt officers and then sold
on the street. Despite the supposed NRA "victory" in NOLA it's doubtful
anyone will get their guns back.

I don't know what kind of a reaction I would have to a confiscation
attempt... I do know that I would try to avoid being put in that
position at all possible costs.

-Mike

Last edited:
But it's not up to them to pick and choose which ones to enforce. Their job is to enforce them all regardless of whether or not they agree with them.

I beg to differ. LEO's are granted wide latitude in their discretion. They pick and choose what they will enforce every day. In certain cases, they are required to take action.

Take Sheriff Bill Masters from Colorado. He basically tells his guys NOT to enforce the drug laws! Here is an excerpt from his homepage:

Bill has been the Sheriff of San Miguel County since 1980. The Sheriff is one of the the longest tenured Sheriffs in the State of Colorado and holds the highest office in the nation for a member of the Libertarian party. He believes in a few basic concepts that when applied correctly encourages people to obey laws and watch out for their own safety.

Sheriff Masters tries to limit governmental involvement in our everyday lives, promotes keeping laws simple and few in number and wants to give people as much personal liberty as possible, but insists they accept full responsibility for their actions when they hurt someone or damage someone's property. To this end, he has directed the detective and patrol deputies to concentrate their efforts on crimes against persons, property, and on enforcing the prohibitions against reckless/drunken driving.

Now, if only other agencies would catch on.

Just one more point about that....look how much they've restricted us by focusing on the gun use of illegal posession and use of guns. Imagine how strong their cause would be if legal gun owners rose up in violence. They dems have imposed these restrictions through voice and lobbying...we need to take our rights back the same way. Ok...I'm done. Sorry about that.[

The problem is if they come to get them, we've already lost. If they
can succeed in going -that far- there is no going back. (Other nations
like GB and AU are prime examples of this.... those people will -never-
have their rights restored, because they allowed the antis to basically
weld the hatch shut. The bans have been there for years and
there has been ZERO loosening of any restrictions despite the fact that
there is ample evidence to show that the bans have accomplished nothing.)

-Mike

Last edited:
Exactly...we also have to consider that LEO's are just that....they enforce the law not make the law. I won't be so bold as to speak for anyone in law enforcement but I assume that some may not like the laws either. But it's not up to them to pick and choose which ones to enforce. Their job is to enforce them all regardless of whether or not they agree with them.

I've said it in another thread.....if they show up at my door they can come in for some coffee and then take them away. I'll fight for my rights within the law.

This is a good part of the problem that many people have with LEO's - they enforce the law - ANY LAW - that comes out of the legislature. They don't care whether it is unconstitutional or not - they don't care that they are violating the rights of citizens who may have never broken another law in their life - they don't care. I am not trying to paint a broad brush and say that all LEO's are like this - but many are. Frankly I think this country would be a much better place if police simply refused to enforce laws that were unconstitutional - and came out and said so.

If this was done it might give our politicians some pause the next time they tried passing a law that was blatantly unconstitutional - if you can't enforce it - the law is useless.

weld the hatch shut.

-Mike

Well, they should have noticed the "welder" and put a bullet between his eyes before he struck the arc. [smile]

They failed and had their guns confiscated because they do not have a RIGHT to own them....its a priviledge in their country and therefore the worst of all examples you could have posted with regard to the situation in the US and in Massachusetts.

Edited to add: Our rights are clearly spelled out in the Constitution and are inviolate by any person or governmental agency and if violated it is done with the risk of reprisal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I beg to differ. LEO's are granted wide latitude in their discretion. They pick and choose what they will enforce every day. In certain cases, they are required to take action.

Take Sheriff Bill Masters from Colorado. He basically tells his guys NOT to enforce the drug laws! Here is an excerpt from his homepage:

Now, if only other agencies would catch on.

There will come a time because he chooses not to enforce the drug issue that public safety will be compromised. Just because he opts not to enforce the drug laws doesn't make it right that he's not.

weld the hatch shut. The bans have been there for years and
there has been ZERO loosening of any restrictions despite the fact that
there is ample evidence to show that the bans have accomplished nothing.)

-Mike

True - and once you lose your right to self defense it is but a short leap in history to some form of tyrannical goverment taking over. I can't for the life of me figure out why people cant grasp this.

The very fact that the goverment is even considering taking guns out of the hands of citizens is proof positive that sooner or later their aim is to have total control over your life. This simple fact has been proven out by history multiple times.

There comes a line which must be drawn though. Frankly, if I were a
LEO, and I was told I had to take someone's guns away where they otherwise
had done nothing wrong, I'd surrender my badge immediately.
Those who choose to enforce the "law" even when the law was clearly and
blatantly wrong on numerous moral and ethical levels are no longer deserving
of my respect. You're basically saying that because the law is a law, that LEOs
shouldn't have a spine when it comes to distinguishing between what clearly is
right and wrong? (IMO, the taking by the government of lawfully owned property
without just compensation is wrong, as well as deprivation of ones rights to keep
and bear arms, so that's two strikes right there. The second strike especially
is a pretty big one, given that its a right enumerated in the constitution. )

And if they show up to take your guns away, you won't be fighting for
anything, because the battle will already be over. Filing a lawsuit once
the "rebecca peters IANSA gun collection bus" comes to your house to
collect your guns is just a -bit- too late to be worth much of anything.

I'm sure there are some corpses in New Orleans that would have a few stories
to tell about how well "letting the nice man from the police take their guns
away" worked out for them. [rolleyes] I'm actually very surprised
that there wasn't any resistance in NO. It's probably because the people
who had stuff confiscated and taken away from them were deceived into
believing that the police were there to "help" them and didn't believe that
they would steal their belongings. I'm sure the police didnt knock on
the door and yell "were here for the guns!". Additionally, NOPD
was so corrupt that I would not be surprised if some of the guns were
not "confiscated" so much as stolen by corrupt officers and then sold
on the street. Despite the supposed NRA "victory" in NOLA it's doubtful
anyone will get their guns back.

I don't know what kind of a reaction I would have to a confiscation
attempt... I do know that I would try to avoid being put in that
position at all possible costs.

-Mike

I agree with that statement in bold. That's why we need to mobilize now to protect what few rights we have left and try to take some back...but not through violence.

I agree with that statement in bold. That's why we need to mobilize now to protect what few rights we have left and try to take some back...but not through violence.

I wonder if six million Jews in Germany in hind sight would have the same opinion? I sincerely doubt it....and Israel is currently an example of that "Never Again" attitude. Not only will they use violence to protect their rights, its used rather quickly and effectively in most caes.

If they decide to come-under those circumstances-they have chosen the wrong side of the debate. And the costliest one. They have to know that some-in an effort to enforce a gun confiscation-will not make it home. When enough don't, they will stop. Problem is it will continue to be a one against many situation until it becomes too costly for them. The point is to make it so.

I wonder if six million Jews in Germany in hind sight would have the same opinion? I sincerely doubt it....and Israel is currently an example of that "Never Again" attitude. Not only will they use violence to protect their rights, its used rather quickly and effectively in most caes.

Well, would you agree to try the diplomatic approach before it gets to them coming for the guns to pry from your cold dead hands?

If they decide to come-under those circumstances-they have chosen the wrong side of the debate. And the costliest one. They have to know that some-in an effort to enforce a gun confiscation-will not make it home. When enough don't, they will stop. Problem is it will continue to be a one against many situation until it becomes too costly for them. The point is to make it so.

We can't even all get together to vote, what chance do we have for all gun owners to rise up against the law?

Start Here--do It Now

Send a comment to the NRA here: https://www.nrahq.org/contact.asp

Send a letter about this to the NRA here:
National Rifle Association of America
11250 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, VA 22030

Tell the NRA in your communication that we need help now. Tell your friends about this and ask them to call their representatives (for what it is worth). We can not afford to let registration/confiscation even be discussed. If we wait and fight it in court, it will be too late. Do it now.

Well, if we are going to get all gun owners together as a group we should do it in peaceful protest and really work to make the numbers of gun owners in this state known.

Any idea how many of us there are?

We can't even all get together to vote, what chance do we have for all gun owners to rise up against the law?

Probably ZERO...... not everyone will go along with "rising up" but there will be more than enough to make more costly than they ever dreamed it would be to those who want to take our guns away.

Well, if we are going to get all gun owners together as a group we should do it in peaceful protest and really work to make the numbers of gun owners in this state known.

Any idea how many of us there are?

Ya, five thousand of us did that several years ago and they told us to go f*** ourselves. They will push things until it starts costing money and lives of their own......then....maybe then they'll wake up to their follie.

Ya, five thousand of us did that several years ago and they told us to go f*** ourselves. They will push things until it starts costing money and lives of their own......then....maybe then they'll wake up to their follie.

Well, we do it again and again and again and sooner or later it will get big enough and more and more guys and gals will join and it will become national news......if we just go away every time someone tell us to go f oursleves then they will win. They have to know we are not going away and we deserve our rights.

Send a comment to the NRA here: https://www.nrahq.org/contact.asp

Send a letter about this to the NRA here:
National Rifle Association of America
11250 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, VA 22030

Tell the NRA in your communication that we need help now. Tell your friends about this and ask them to call their representatives (for what it is worth). We can not afford to let registration/confiscation even be discussed. If we wait and fight it in court, it will be too late. Do it now.

Great idea!!!! I will work on a draft s should everyone on here. the more the better.

If every MA member of this forum takes 10 minutes to write the NRA I honestly think it will get their attention...

For those who would shoot the LEOs that would come to confiscate your firearms because of an unconstitutional law:
1. Why wouldn't you start killing the legislators/President/Governor who created and signed the unconstitutional law and justices who upheld it first?
2. Where were you in 1998 when gun owners rights were further eroded thereby infringing on your 2nd Amendment rights by the legislators in this state? Did you try and kill them then? If not, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom