• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So...what gun do you have that you shoot least of all?

Cross-X

Shooting at the big range in heaven
Dealer
NES Member
For me, I would have to say my carefully refinished Norinco SKS rifle.

It doesn't get out much. I really should sell the dang thing to make room for something more interesting. Until I do, it is the reigning Safe Queen in my house.

So, what gun do you have that you shoot least of all?

I am buying some sort of Italian Saturday Night Special, have no idea yet what it is, but it sure is cheap. I'm told it is a raging .25 -- not a mighty .380, but what the heck. [roll]

I have a feeliing this little semi will be a strong contender for the Safe Queen title.

Well, I inherited a bunch of guns from my grandfather. Not including the non- or barely functioning guns, the one I shoot the least is the Mannlicher-Carcano 6.5mm (yes, like the one Oswald used to shoot Kennedy). Since ammo is approximately $30/20 rounds, I doubt I'll ever shoot it.

If we're talking about guns I've bought, then the Taurus .44 Special would be the one. It's the same reason as the Carcano - ammo is expensive... Although at least with this gun if I start reloading I'll shoot it more...

Current safe Queen is hubby's uncle's single shot shotgun. We did put a couple rounds through her to make sure she would fire, but haven't shot it since. It's an oldie but a goodie.

I have two safe queens. The first is my NAA Revolver. Neat little gun I paid $25 for because the previous owner had managed to break something inside and didn't know that NAA has a lifetime warrenty. Little shipping and now I have a practically new NAA 5-shot .22 LR.

Reason I don't use it is that it's damn hard to hold onto - pretty much stands stright up in my hand. However, I do have to admit it's a pretty accurate little gun.

My other Safe Rider is the Star Firestar .40 with the busted ejector. Been trying for a few years to find a new ejector for it. Looks like I might have to have one made at this point. I love the gun. Smaller than my SIG 239 with the same capacity although it is a little heavier as it's an all steel gun. Was a damn reliable little gun that shot anything. The ejector broke during a class when someone tried to force a dummy round instead of listening. A lot of my older guns don't go to class anymore because of that. Can't risk not getting parts.

I've meen having a lot of FTF problems with my S&W 686P. I've got the call tag to mail it in to them for repair, but with the wedding and honeymoon I haven't had the $125 to get the tune-up I want done. So by default it's my 686P.

Also haven't shot "my" (Mike is never going to get this rifle back) AR-15 much since I'm out of ammo and haven't been able to go visit Carl and Holly for the same reason listed above.

Mine is easy, it's also my oldest gun. Confederate Rifle, Richmond, VA, 1863 .58 cal. Never have shot it, may never shoot it. Of my more modern weapons, possibly my VZ-24.

I have two Secretary of the Navy Trophy M1 Garands that I won while I was on active duty. I have not put a round through either one of them, and won't.

Chris said:
I have two safe queens. The first is my NAA Revolver. Neat little gun I paid $25 for because the previous owner had managed to break something inside and didn't know that NAA has a lifetime warrenty. Little shipping and now I have a practically new NAA 5-shot .22 LR.

Reason I don't use it is that it's damn hard to hold onto - pretty much stands stright up in my hand. However, I do have to admit it's a pretty accurate little gun.

My other Safe Rider is the Star Firestar .40 with the busted ejector. Been trying for a few years to find a new ejector for it. Looks like I might have to have one made at this point. I love the gun. Smaller than my SIG 239 with the same capacity although it is a little heavier as it's an all steel gun. Was a damn reliable little gun that shot anything. The ejector broke during a class when someone tried to force a dummy round instead of listening. A lot of my older guns don't go to class anymore because of that. Can't risk not getting parts.

I have seen some dealers at the Concord NH and Big E gun shows that seemed to have lots of parts for various brand guns. No guarantee, but you might ask around at some of these shows. Lots of the same dealers at the Concord, Marlboro and Big E shows.

If I could come across a box of 9mm Steyr ammo for less than $40, I might spring for it and shoot my Austrian M1912 Steyr Hahn (1916).

Nickle:
What year is your vz24? I have one made in 1926 and it's a fine little pistol complete with unit marks on the front strap.
JT

Back
Top Bottom