• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

You think you have enough ammo in your basement?

The “3,000 magazines” part is more impressive.
One million rounds is only 1,000, 1,000 round cases
Let's assume an average mag cost of $20 = $60K. I will be impressed if they were all SIG and HK mags.

Average cost of 1K rounds? ... 100? 200?

richmond-weapons-felony-arrest-3.jpg

richmond-weapons-felony-arrest-2.jpg

richmond-weapons-felony-arrest-1.jpg

"Through a search of the residence, the AG’s office said DOJ agents seized:

11 military-style machine guns
60 assault rifles
37 rifles
7 shotguns
133 handguns
Several suspected grenades
20 silencers
4 flare guns
3,000 large-capacity magazines
Approximately 1 million rounds of various caliber ammunition
Dozens of rifle receivers and pistol frames"

Flare guns! 😲

I have a couple of flare guns and an assortment of flares. Does that make me a criminal? Last time the CG inspected me off of Plum Island they looked for and verified that I had non-expired flares and a flare gun on the boat.

Sad.
Looks like a really nice collection.
Why did they confiscate?
What was the "illegal" part?
Guy looks to be a collector, not a killer.

As soon as they get rid of the progressive naming conventions and give specifics, I'll be able to get a better idea of what's actually there. What I see are maybe 7 or 8 machine guns, a couple pistols, 1 shotgun and a bunch of rifles. For all I know is that they are all semi versions

Count me among those who want to know what probable cause they had to investigate him and pull warrants.

Other than having the collection, had he DONE anything wrong with his property?
Because California and "guns are bad mmmkay" ?

Count me among those who want to know what probable cause they had to investigate him and pull warrants.

Other than having the collection, had he DONE anything wrong with his property?
This arrest demonstrates exactly why the Armed and Prohibited Persons System is vital for the safety of our communities,” said Attorney General Bonta. “In our efforts to retrieve guns from a prohibited individual, we found hundreds of allegedly illegal weapons and approximately one million rounds of ammunition. I am grateful for our Bureau of Firearms agents’ and local law enforcement partners' work in getting these illegal weapons out of the hands of this prohibited individual.”
In 2006, California became the first state in the nation to establish a system for tracking firearm owners who fall into a prohibited status. The APPS database works to identify individuals who lawfully procured firearms and later became prohibited from owning or possessing them. In general, prohibited persons in APPS include individuals who were convicted of a felony or a violent misdemeanor, were placed under a domestic violence or other restraining order, or suffer from serious mental illness
. BOF is looking to hire additional special agents and more information on assessments for relevant job openings can be found on DOJ's website at

No info on the guy so who knows the full story
If he was a real bad guy you would know what he did for sure
If you legally own a firearm in CA and get a restraining order or are red flagged I guess they get a search warrant and kick in your door

The “3,000 magazines” part is more impressive.
I don't know. It could be 2000 magazines for a 1022. When I was a kid, we had a 1022 and many mags for it. We kept losing them, then begging Dad to get another one, only to find the ones we had lost. We must have had at least a dozen 1022 10-round bricks and banana clips lying around the house!

Back
Top Bottom