• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

You think you have enough ammo in your basement?

I'm going with the rat theory.

A man is a critic when he cannot be an artist, in the same way that a man becomes an informer when he cannot be a soldier.
Gustave Flaubert
Slightly off topic, forgive me. Did that guy invent the parlor rifle?

Slightly off topic, forgive me. Did that guy invent the parlor rifle?

No, you're thinking of Louis-Nicolas Flobert who invented the first rimfire cartridge. The rifle, a parlor or flobert rifle simply used the cartridge. My quote was from Gustave Flaubert, a French novelist who was best know as the author of Madame Bovary.

Lol wasn’t that Masshelggie or something like that
Masssheltie apparently. Jeez almost 4 years ago, time flies

Question for those who know. How much money do you think this guy has tied up in these firearms? Your best guess.

Is a million dollars too excessive of an estimate? Where are these people getting all this money from? And they don't mind converting all that cash into firearms.

He's 240 guns and 999,900 rounds over for cnn
Mass PDs, NY PDs and CNN are in competetion for making the most rediculous hyped up statements about guns related stuff.

MA PD be like "MSP seized the arsenal of weapons from the trunk, including a dangerous military style hi-powered assault rifle, 2 illegal large capacity ammunition feeding devices and military style ammo from a military style ammunition can" "Thanks to our hero LEOs for keeping these dangerous assault weapons and high capacity magazines off our streets"

Photo ----> a $399 PSA AR, 2 pmags and a box of TulaAmmo 223 in a Harbor freight ammo can. Also all the rounds taken out of the mags, stood up straight and 4 or 5 full, cased, unfired rounds in a line pointing from the barrel.

Real photo from NYPD:

1708149777088.png

I only need enough ammo so I can steal all the ammo from someone else's basement.
So that's it then? When the day comes, you will be the first one to attack your neighbor and steal his stuff?

I don't think that's going to work too well. Some other joker is going to attack you and soon enough brothers will kill brothers, and they will take it all too easily. Don't we need a better plan?

It’s not that impressive. I can’t tell you how many magazines I have a lot and then if you wanted to be super gay like Massachusetts law what are you gonna count every link by that standard? I have more magazines than he does.

OK, here's the real story behind this case. Like I said previously "Grand Theft ATF"

From another board: There's always the (news).... And then there was what really happened ... This was taken from a California gun fourm .....................My friend is a local FFL that does contract work for the Police Department and Sheriff's Department where this happened and he gave me some background to this case a few days ago. The man who this stuff belonged to is in his 90s and a relative of his had to obtain legal guardianship over the man because he is suffering from advanced dementia which is why he is no longer legally allowed to possess firearms.
The man has not lived in the house where his collection was stored for the better part of 6 years because he's living in a nursing home. The majority of the firearms have been owned for more than 40 years well before they were ever regulated in California and the man has possessed a special federal firearms license called a Curios and Relic license for the better part of 60 years that allowed him under California law to possess machine guns.

The actual machine guns that were in the man's possession are ones that are legally owned and are registered with the NFA and the tax has been paid on them. The authorities have been well aware of what was in his possession because he registered them with the state when they required it. They're simply pretending like this man is a criminal once they found out he was no longer mentally fit to possess the firearms and gleefully seized his collection.

*******************************************************************************************************************************

Now you understand why the article was vague. Because there is no crime committed here by the individual, just a bureaucracy stealing another man's possessions and lying to the public about it.

So they went to the nursing home and arrested a 90 year old guy with dementia? I’m a bit confused still and not sure I buy the background hearsay.

Even if you blow past the state maximum allowance of all types it’s never enough…

And I’m being completely serious THERES NEVER ENOUGH 🤣

It said "allegedly illegal guns" ........ So people now are arrested for allegedly doing wrong?
People are arrested all the time for alleged crimes. It's up to the "state" to prove the crime in court. If they cannot, every person involved in a fraudulent arrest should be personally subjected to ten times the penalty they falsely arrested another for.

This is just another case of show boating by the ATF and local gestapo. If they had any concerns for the man, they would have assisted him in liquidating his life long collection instead of dying a pauper in some stinking nursing home.

So that's it then? When the day comes, you will be the first one to attack your neighbor and steal his stuff?

I don't think that's going to work too well. Some other joker is going to attack you and soon enough brothers will kill brothers, and they will take it all too easily. Don't we need a better plan?

The comment was made tongue and cheek. The sad reality is you are correct. People are trampled and killed trying to buy a TV on Black Friday. There is no doubt in my mind others will try and kill you for your stuff.

No, you're thinking of Louis-Nicolas Flobert who invented the first rimfire cartridge. The rifle, a parlor or flobert rifle simply used the cartridge. My quote was from Gustave Flaubert, a French novelist who was best know as the author of Madame Bovary.
I’m sorry I should have used the sarcasm logo. I am familiar with Gustave Flaubert because I had to read that insufferable tome in a French class 30 odd years ago.
It was an inside joke that obviously fizzled.

Lol the age ol' prepper saying. "Why prep? When SHTF, ILL JUS TAKE URS"
yeh... "i don't need guns, i know you have guns, i'll just go to your house..."

LOL, if shit is so bad your libtard ass is coming to my house looking for guns, i'm shooting you between your stupid eyes... i didn't tell him that out loud....

yeh... "i don't need guns, i know you have guns, i'll just go to your house..."

LOL, if shit is so bad your libtard ass is coming to my house looking for guns, i'm shooting you between your stupid eyes... i didn't tell him that out loud....
That was your main mistake.

You should have told him that out loud, with him being grabbed by the collar of his shirt and you face to face with him, close enough to bite his nose off.

When fools like that make clear their intensions that are opposite of yours and you don't stop it dead in it's tracks.....you fvcked up.

OK, here's the real story behind this case. Like I said previously "Grand Theft ATF"

From another board: There's always the (news).... And then there was what really happened ... This was taken from a California gun fourm .....................My friend is a local FFL that does contract work for the Police Department and Sheriff's Department where this happened and he gave me some background to this case a few days ago. The man who this stuff belonged to is in his 90s and a relative of his had to obtain legal guardianship over the man because he is suffering from advanced dementia which is why he is no longer legally allowed to possess firearms.
The man has not lived in the house where his collection was stored for the better part of 6 years because he's living in a nursing home. The majority of the firearms have been owned for more than 40 years well before they were ever regulated in California and the man has possessed a special federal firearms license called a Curios and Relic license for the better part of 60 years that allowed him under California law to possess machine guns.

The actual machine guns that were in the man's possession are ones that are legally owned and are registered with the NFA and the tax has been paid on them. The authorities have been well aware of what was in his possession because he registered them with the state when they required it. They're simply pretending like this man is a criminal once they found out he was no longer mentally fit to possess the firearms and gleefully seized his collection.

*******************************************************************************************************************************

Now you understand why the article was vague. Because there is no crime committed here by the individual, just a bureaucracy stealing another man's possessions and lying to the public about it.
And now you know…….the rest of the story.

I’ve heard 4000 per caliber too, but that is the amount that you keep on the shelf, untouched for emergencies. You obviously need more for daily activities at the range.

I’ve heard 4000 per caliber too, but that is the amount that you keep on the shelf, untouched for emergencies. You obviously need more for daily activities at the range.
The date of that post suggests the OP couldn’t find ammo and came here to blame all of us for hoarding it 🤣
Once you hit the 5 digit number amounts you can never let it back into the 4 digit range.

There is quite literally no such thing as too much ammunition especially in this day and age with shortages, bans, Wars chewing up production and price hikes

I buy feed for my livestock. If I go to the store, and there’s five bags left, I only buy 3, and leave two for someone else. Especially if there is a shortage.

It’s common courtesy.

I buy feed for my livestock. If I go to the store, and there’s five bags left, I only buy 3, and leave two for someone else. Especially if there is a shortage.

It’s common courtesy.
The last time I cleared the shelf of ammunition was when Walmart was blowing out all of the ZQI
It honestly seemed like nobody wanted it considering….. my M1A loves it
And then in 2020 when everybody was panic, buying and bitching about no ammo on the shelf, I didn’t have to partake.

in fact, because I bought cheap and stacked deep. I was able to help a few friends who finally got around to getting into the shooting sports.
you are a good person, there’s not many like you in the world.

Back
Top Bottom