SneakyPete Holsters opinions wanted

rep308

NES Member
Spring is here and shorts and tee shirts makes carrying more difficult. I stumbled across the SneakyPete holster system in a recent NRA American Hunter Ad and was looking for opinions from people who use them and a general though about the look:

SneakyPete

Amazon.com: M&P 9c Sneaky Pete Holster (Belt Clip): Sports & Outdoors

Given all the love this forum has for fanny packs, I was wondering what people think about using these. They look comfortable and I just could hang my tee shirt over the holster. Do these things just scream 'Gun" or just scream 'Geek'?

To me even the P32 model felt and looked uncomfortably large, much bigger than a cell phone carrier. The M&Pc version must be a whale.

To me even the P32 model felt and looked uncomfortably large, much bigger than a cell phone carrier. The M&Pc version must be a whale.

^This! I was intrigued by them when I first heard of them over the winter, mainly because the "hiding in plain sight" thing is appealing. When you see the actual scale of them, though, it will no doubt bring curiosity and questions from most everyone you encounter, which sort of defeats the purpose. I think the ONLY one that makes sense is for some subcompact, thin gun like the P238, or Bodyguard .380. Any "normal" sized compact would just look ridiculous inmo, and because of the thickness required of the case, would be obvious that it wasn't a tablet, Kindle, or other large electronic device (unless maybe you are running around with one of the original Star Trek Tricorders[laugh]).

Back
Top Bottom