• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Snake bitten???

Ah, Medicare. The single payer insurance that everyone over 65 likes while telling you why single payer sucks and won't work as you pay your 4k deductible and 2k per month to have only a 4k deductible....

Netflix Movie the Package "the dxck gets puked on, bitten by a snake, sucked for venom removal" What would do for a friend?

Did you ever think you would save a lot of money if you died from the bit.

Has there been a single documented venomous snake attack in MA?

Yes, mostly Copperheads but we do have Timber Rattlers. I believe those are the only two venomous snakes (native) we have. Timbers are darker then what you may expect to see when you think of a buzz worm but it makes sense due to our terrain. Blue hills has them. They used to release king snakes to control them but have since discontinued the practice. Didn't some group want to release some rattlers on one of Quabbin's islands a while ago?

Timber Rattler:

timber_rattlesnake.jpg

JETA: I think this one is in the Blue Hills:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z3LD3Myvk

Last edited:
We're in the process of moving from NM to the Tucson AZ area ironically for better medical care. While approaching the fence line to talk to our neighbor we heard loud rattling in the brush. Neighbor said it sounded like a particularly large rattler. I'm thinking "This is why God made shotguns".

What is this "Anti-venom" you are speaking of? Is it something that weakens Antis?

I know what Anti-venin is, but Anti-venom is sort of like calling an AR-15 an "Assault Rifle"

Yes, mostly Copperheads but we do have Timber Rattlers. I believe those are the only two venomous snakes (native) we have. Timbers are darker then what you may expect to see when you think of a buzz worm but it makes sense due to our terrain. Blue hills has them. They used to release king snakes to control them but have since discontinued the practice. Didn't some group want to release some rattlers on one of Quabbin's islands a while ago?

Timber Rattler:

View attachment 245197

JETA: I think this one is in the Blue Hills:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z3LD3Myvk

I wouldn’t have believed it if you hadn’t posted the video. I’ve hiked around blue hills quite a bit and had heard the rattlesnakes were long gone. That certainly looked and sounded like BH, and his description fits.

Last edited:
Has there been a single documented venomous snake attack in MA?
You mean besides Maura?

We're in the process of moving from NM to the Tucson AZ area ironically for better medical care. While approaching the fence line to talk to our neighbor we heard loud rattling in the brush. Neighbor said it sounded like a particularly large rattler. I'm thinking "This is why God made shotguns".
When in AZ, got stopped by DPS for following too closely to the vehicle ahead. He had me step out on the side of the road. He heard a rattler in a bush and shined his flashlight on it. He said "They train us to keep our eye on a potential threat - now I've got two. Wanna take a closer look at him?". I said "No, thanks." 10 feet was close enough for me!

Woodies? Snakes? This seems appropriate.

051a6c635524c0867776266fa6506d50026a07-wm.jpg

They removed one from a parking lot in Braintree ( near backside of Blue Hills) just the other day . . . . Rumor has it it was shopping for back to woods boots .

Back
Top Bottom