• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Snake bitten???

Didn't some group want to release some rattlers on one of Quabbin's islands a while ago?

Yes....There was a public meeting on it and I believe the idea was shelved for now. They wanted to release them on some island, but I believe it was more of a peninsula when it came to light. People thought rattlesnake island was OK, but rattlesnake peninsula wasn't so smart. Odds are they did it anyway and didn't tell anyone.

I wish they did, because if you got bit in the Quabbin and your insurance didn't cover it you could then sue the state for malpractice of releasing rattlesnakes. [wink]

Who would have thought... when S&W first released "The Governor", I said, "Who would ever want one of those? A short barreled pistol that was chambered for .410?" Except maybe Zappa?
And there were those who said.. " It would be a good snake gun". And I, and many others, did mock them.
Then, suddenly we started hearing about the rise of the serpent in the state where "The Governor" was made. Hmmm.

Who would have thought... when S&W first released "The Governor", I said, "Who would ever want one of those? A short barreled pistol that was chambered for .410?" Except maybe Zappa?
And there were those who said.. " It would be a good snake gun". And I, and many others, did mock them.
Then, suddenly we started hearing about the rise of the serpent in the state where "The Governor" was made. Hmmm.

Actually, the .410 revolver was around long before the S&W Governor or Taurus "Public Defender".
Ever hear of the Thunder Five ???

thunder_five_with_goodie-cover.jpg

But realistically, if the cops catch you carrying one, (especially in Mass.), using the excuse "I carry it for snakes" would likely result in a 20 day stay at Bridgewater.

My advice is to call your insurance company and ask what your coverage will be and what you should do.

good advice, there are a TON of venomous snakes outside right now! They are pooling together to start their mass migration down to Florida for the winter.
:)

at the end of her senate hearing, Doctor Ford was heard shrieking "They are crawling all over me!"

But realistically, if the cops catch you carrying one, (especially in Mass.), using the excuse "I carry it for snakes" would likely result in a 20 day stay at Bridgewater.

what law would that be violating? It is not like you deliberately modified it to have a short barrel...it was manufactured that way....

"We have found that all snake-shot shells for handguns are not created equal. Just about all of the .22 LR snake-shot ammo cannot be depended upon to do a terminal job on a snake of any size. Moving up to the .22 WMR, you begin to get enough shot and enough power to do the job on one of these critters. However, I find that the best snake loads are built around, at least, the .38 Spl. and 9 mm. The .44 Mag. and .45 ACP snake-shot loads to an even better job transferring Mr. Fangs to a celestial location. "

Guide to Using Snake Shot

But you SAY it "one hundred dollars", not "dollars one hundred"!!!

199.75$?????? Maybe 199$.75c?

I hate when a snake bites me in the Hotel.

And YIKES! I somehow didn't know, or forgot, there were Copperheads in MA. Basically stay out of the woody area south of Boston near Milton, etc.,

Actually, the .410 revolver was around long before the S&W Governor or Taurus "Public Defender".
Ever hear of the Thunder Five ???

Ah yes. The gun the dolt carried in that AWFUL movie Three Kings. (And there were 4 guys. How do you have 3 kings if there are 4 of them????)

"We have found that all snake-shot shells for handguns are not created equal. Just about all of the .22 LR snake-shot ammo cannot be depended upon to do a terminal job on a snake of any size. Moving up to the .22 WMR, you begin to get enough shot and enough power to do the job on one of these critters. However, I find that the best snake loads are built around, at least, the .38 Spl. and 9 mm. The .44 Mag. and .45 ACP snake-shot loads to an even better job transferring Mr. Fangs to a celestial location. "

Guide to Using Snake Shot

I'd go 12ga.

Has there been a single documented venomous snake attack in MA?
about 10-15 yrs ago a man was bitten by a rattlesnake retrieving a ball from a bush in his yard for his grand kids in Westfield. Rushed to Baystate and they couldn't find the antidote. Turned into a shitshow between hospitals trying to find antidote. If I remember correctly the antidote has a shelf life of 6months and is very expensive.

what law would that be violating? It is not like you deliberately modified it to have a short barrel...it was manufactured that way....

I didn't say it was illegal to carry one in Mass. (assuming you're properly licensed), I was inferring that they'd think you were nuts for doing so due to fear of snakes.

Back
Top Bottom