Snake guns?

Suppressors increase accuracy, generally speaking. There's also a whole category of "garden guns" from say 60+ years ago that were intended to allow kids to shoot small things in gardens... like snakes. They're not loud.
Im just playing... its really the whole cs thing on snakes. It's hard to shut them off. I'd prefer something a little more forgiving than a 22.

Ya just shoot em. f*** it. Seriously if they’re a threat in any way to my family or especially little kids, anything I saw coming within a hundred yards would be tracked down and shot. If it were legal, same would go for humans but extend it to a surrounding mile.

Yeah I'm a puss lol I'm shooting it.

But the other part to that equation is the same with every other type altercation. If I can stand out of a snakes reach I'll do that every time. It's probably plenty safe in boots and jeans but still chances are better if you shoot it from 20 feet
1. I doubt those tiny .22 snake rounds will do anything at 20 feet.

2. If you see it at 20 feet, just walk away.

Where are you going that you are afraid of snakes?

What caliber does your infant shoot best? Or do you plan on doing all the shooting at the snake that's next to him?

However having a baby crawling around my yard makes me not want to have them in my yard. The non water ones are very colorful my son will be on that like white on rice.
While left to play in the back yard as a toddler,
I returned to the kitchen door.
"Mommy, come see the big worm!"
[shocked][rofl]
(I'm sure it was just a garter snake).

What caliber does your infant shoot best? Or do you plan on doing all the shooting at the snake that's next to him?
Hes got a mean right arm lol.

But more along the lines of walk out and boom copperhead sunning himself on the deck. No baby there but catch and release he's probably coming back to that deck.

While left to play in the back yard as a toddler,
I returned to the kitchen door.
"Mommy, come see the big worm!"
[shocked][rofl]
(I'm sure it was just a garter snake).
Funny up here lol and most snakes down there too. But from what I read copperheads and water mocs are really common

Colt snake gun for snakes (and/or horses), a Taurus for bulls, anything for wolves as long as you use the right shitty steel cased ammo, Savage rifles for indians, Kimbers for women named Kimberly, Mossberg Maverick for fighter pilots, Colt makes an application specific revolver for a number of different types of LEOs, etc. The list goes on and on.

I was in Virginia, looking at a wind turbine job. The client I was with and I got to talking about guns. As we get to the site, I go to get out, he says: "wait a second"...hands me a Ruger 44 loaded with snake shot..."If the grass moves, shoot it" [rofl]

Last edited:
Infant son... don't want him thinking it's ok to play with them. Dogs, cats etc. If I can avoid shooting it I will.. but I'm going to shoot it not screw around grabbing a shovel or something
A few years back, my younger brother (who is terrified of snakes and has young kids) came across a 6 foot something or other in his Louisiana yard. He went to get that shovel you refrenced and came back as it was slithering away. He took a swing but missed as it was going into some tall grass on the edge of his property. He still wakes up in cold sweats because he knows there is a snake with a grudge out there waiting for him. So yes, if ,you are committed to killing it, don't screw around ;-)

A few years back, my younger brother (who is terrified of snakes and has young kids) came across a 6 foot something or other in his Louisiana yard. He went to get that shovel you refrenced and came back as it was slithering away. He took a swing but missed as it was going into some tall grass on the edge of his property. He still wakes up in cold sweats because he knows there is a snake with a grudge out there waiting for him. So yes, if ,you are committed to killing it, don't screw around ;-)
It's like every other type of fight... if you can reach the other guy before he can get you... your odds go way up

Dude. Its Tennessee. Catch as many as you can. Buy some land in the boonies and start snake church
View attachment 448096
LOL, a friend of mine quite literally grew up attending one of these Pentecostal snake handling churches in Cocke County, TN. He used to help milk the venom before services in case someone was bitten so that the effect would be negligible.

Somehow the topic of snakes came up in conversation a couple years after we had moved here. Back in Tennessee we lived inside a big bend of a national scenic river, so there were always plenty of critters around. I remarked how the main access road closest to the river was oddly riddled with dead snakes all the time. Mrs. Mountain admitted to swerving out of her way if necessary to run over any snakes she ever saw on the road. We lived there for almost 18 years but Saint Patrick Patricia in a Land Rover never did run out of fresh snakes to run over.

What do you guys carry to dispatch unwanted venomous snakes?

I was thinking 38spc with cci snake loads seemed effective then I read 28 different things and now I'm not sure lol.

I'm thinking glock 21 for some 45 love or a 44 mag of some type. I'm not a big wheel gun guy so if I could carry an autoloader that fed reliably I'd be happier. But what says the brain trust

Obviously a 12 gauge by the door is preferable but out in the yard what's a serviceable solution?

This is precipitated by moving to tenn so snakes and such in that area are the concern.
Ok....are there wanted ones?

Alright, I'll admit their music is pretty good:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v26_pOpZDw0

As of Christmas 2021 they wouldn't send a holster to MA dealers. I asked. Will look into it.

Today:

**Barrel Limitations: According to state laws we cannot ship barrels to California or Massachusetts. In the following areas we cannot ship barrels directly to your house, You must order through a dealer: New York, New Jersey, Washington DC, Chicago. Customers in Maryland are restricted to certain barrels for certain Bond Arms Models, we will ship barrels to your house, but you are responsible for following the laws (click here for Maryland guidelines on which barrels you can purchase)

Listen here, futureman! What’s it like post-Covid???

Dude. Its Tennessee. Catch as many as you can. Buy some land in the boonies and start snake church
View attachment 448096

Are you sure that’s snake church and not all-you-can-eat French fry church????? Any of those guys ever hear of a salad???

As of Christmas 2021 2020 they wouldn't send a holster to MA dealers. I asked. Will look into it.

Today:

**Barrel Limitations: According to state laws we cannot ship barrels to California or Massachusetts. In the following areas we cannot ship barrels directly to your house, You must order through a dealer: New York, New Jersey, Washington DC, Chicago. Customers in Maryland are restricted to certain barrels for certain Bond Arms Models, we will ship barrels to your house, but you are responsible for following the laws (click here for Maryland guidelines on which barrels you can purchase)

Listen here, futureman! What’s it like post-Covid???

[rofl]

To clarify. I called about a barrel and a holster and they said no barrels to MA. I then asked about just the holster and was told, 'not to you in MA'. I just checked their website and it says accessories have to go through a dealer or retailer.

WTF? *Holsters Must Be Ordered Through A Dealer Or Retailer*

I knew this sounded familiar.

I see that the Bond Arms .45C/.410 is now on the "Approved " list.

Practical/ impractical?
Change out the barrels to a different caliber?

I was thinking it may be an alternative when working out, for example, running outdoors in shorts and a tee.

Thoughts?

I spoke with Bond Arms customer service and they stated that the MA version would be a fixed barrel that is not changeable to other calibers in order to meet MA approval. Also in production now and available soon

Which I'm not even doing that lol I'm just going about my merry way if I'm out hiking. However having a baby crawling around my yard makes me not want to have them in my yard. The non water ones are very colorful my son will be on that like white on rice.

In all seriousness my first choice would be a whacking stick.

tenor (1).gif

In all seriousness my first choice would be a whacking stick.

View attachment 448181
I'm good I'm shooting it.. I don't want to be close enough for it to bite me.

From what I've read the only ones that get froggy are water mocs. If the other snakes aren't hauling ass when you show up it's because they're mad and they wanna bite you. So I'm popping a cap and getting a snakeskin belt

From what I've read the only ones that get froggy are water mocs. If the other snakes aren't hauling ass when you show up it's because they're mad and they wanna bite you. So I'm popping a cap and getting a snakeskin belt
IN for snake skin karma

tenor (17).gif

Back
Top Bottom