Snake guns?

You can go with one of these:

garden-gun-smoothbore-22

Since my wife has a real issue with snakes I’ll general off them if they’re within 10 yards of the house. Further than that, I just relocate them to the far side of the farm. I use my Ruger Single Six convertible with the 22 WMR cylinder and CCI 22 WMR Shotshell. Works up to about 10 feet.

.22 shot is pretty ineffective beyond almost contact distance. I would go with .357 or 45 shot capsules in a revolver myself.

Good luck
To the contrary, I've shot snakes at beyond contact distances and can confirm beyond any doubt, that cci .22 lr snake shot, dispatches them very effectively. I'm talking about 6 and 7 seven foot black racers, that hang around cranberry bogs and as a result are very well fed on frogs and such that live in the bog irrigation ponds.

Personally, if I had to shoot a snake, it'd be with my EDC.

Yeah, no real need to buy specific loads or firearms. Just shoot it with whatever you're already carrying.

For around the house, it may be useful to keep a cheap shotgun on the deck and in the garage.

Yeah, no real need to buy specific loads or firearms. Just shoot it with whatever you're already carrying.

For around the house, it may be useful to keep a cheap shotgun on the deck and in the garage.
Idk I mean I've been on NES a while but I've not gotten my merit badge for accuracy yet. I feel like hitting a snake with a 9mm in the head is tough. Never tried either though and I really am a decent shot so maybe I'm making a bigger deal than it needs to be

The Taurus Judge and S&W Governor are generally stupid guns. In 99% of use cases, they are bettered by traditional firearms.

This is the 1% use case where if you want the best snake gun you can carry on your hip, these are them. A real shotgun shell in a pistol.

Idk I mean I've been on NES a while but I've not gotten my merit badge for accuracy yet. I feel like hitting a snake with a 9mm in the head is tough. Never tried either though and I really am a decent shot so maybe I'm making a bigger deal than it needs to be

Easiest option is to walk/run away even from aggressive snakes. If you NEED to kill it, you probably won't have time to draw your (insert snake gun of choice) and shoot while it is chasing you. Back off a bit, take your time, and shoot if needed.

IMO, no real need to buy something special just for snakes. Use what you already have. Full disclosure-I'm a fan of simple.

*I would keep the cheap shotgun option in the garage/backyard though.

Easiest option is to walk/run away even from aggressive snakes. If you NEED to kill it, you probably won't have time to draw your (insert snake gun of choice) and shoot while it is chasing you. Back off a bit, take your time, and shoot if needed.

IMO, no real need to buy something special just for snakes. Use what you already have. Full disclosure-I'm a fan of simple.

*I would keep the cheap shotgun option in the garage/backyard though.
I plan to.. and I mean I wear heavy boots all the time honestly I'll probably just kick the stupid thing. But I want something the wife can grab if I'm not around so I like the idea of shotshell instead of ball ammo for her.

Shotgun by the door is a multi critter problem solver

We were visiting an aunt who lived down a long dirt road out in the country. We came across a truck with a flat tire and a guy standing there staring at it with a shotgun in his hands. A giant rattle snake was crossing the road and he stopped his truck with the tire on the snake. At least he got the snake.

We were visiting an aunt who lived down a long dirt road out in the country. We came across a truck with a flat tire and a guy standing there staring at it with a shotgun in his hands. A giant rattle snake was crossing the road and he stopped his truck with the tire on the snake. At least he got the snake.
A friend's road bike once got a snakebite flat on 111A, but dang.

Back
Top Bottom