SHTF TRANSPORTATION

I'm stealing the nearest vehicle with a full tank. After all, most of the sheep in my neck of the woods don't have a gun to defend themselves.

I'm stealing the nearest vehicle with a full tank. After all, most of the sheep in my neck of the woods don't have a gun to defend themselves.

I'd boost this, swing by Walmart for some olvice and brown paint, and for the hills!

attachment.php

(Just Kidding John!)

If I can find a Willys jeep with a mount for a Browning .30 cal (full auto) with 10K rounds, I'll be good to go [smile]

Sorry, but I don't consider, "I will steal any vehicle, materials or supplies I need at gun point" a plan for a SHTF situation. That is a serious violation of honor and morals. Just because the S has HTF doesn't mean honor or morality goes out the window.

Are you suggesting that in a SHTF situation, because of the collasp of public services, armed robbery is acceptable? Is the legal rammifications of theft the only thing stopping you now?

Procuring abandoned materials, supplies and equipment for survival is one thing, but that's not what you suggested. What you suggested was theft at gunpoint.

Sorry, but I don't consider, "I will steal any vehicle, materials or supplies I need at gun point" a plan for a SHTF situation. That is a serious violation of honor and morals. Just because the S has HTF doesn't mean honor or morality goes out the window.

Are you suggesting that in a SHTF situation, because of the collasp of public services, armed robbery is acceptable? Is the legal rammifications of theft the only thing stopping you now?

Procuring abandoned materials, supplies and equipment for survival is one thing, but that's not what you suggested. What you suggested was theft at gunpoint.

you sound as though you are taking him seriously [laugh]

Sarcasm doesn't come through on the internet. This is an open forum, so even smiley or winky emoticons don't get the message across to outside people. As tongue-in-cheek as the post may have been, it's fuel for the fire.

[/mom voice]

Penny,

My apologies if I came off harsh from a tongue in cheek response. I guess I'm getting too accustom to working with people who have no sense of honor and only follow "the rules" when they believe there's a risk of getting caught & punished.

Regarding the "Zombie Attack" - I guess I've always looked at that like a metaphor for the worse possible SHTF situation. Not only has there been a complete breakdown in social and political services / authority, but the enviornment has added a single minded, aggressive threat which can not be negotiated or reasoned with.

This thread reminds me that I need to buy a SUV. And soon.

Don't rush it. I made a lot of mistakes in the first two 4wd's I bought. Buy something that is easy to fix, reliable, cheap parts, and capable. That narrows it down pretty good.

For me, I like Toyota's but even they have a few bugs (4runner 3.0L v6 blowing head-gaskets comes to mind). Right now I have a Ford because I wanted a diesel for towing and transporting my family around. Because of that I have relatively high maintenace costs. I also buy used and old because I hate the new emissions equipment and I don't like new car payments.

Before I bought the last one (the Ford) I spent a lot of time on Ford diesel truck forums to make sure I got one with the most reliable features. I found one but it was two states away and in rough condition. Good luck.

Don't rush it. I made a lot of mistakes in the first two 4wd's I bought. Buy something that is easy to fix, reliable, cheap parts, and capable. That narrows it down pretty good....

Jeep Grand Cherokee with the I6 engine. The only issues these things have is keeping an alignment (heard not bad also). The rest of the mechanicals are basic and proven over time. There are a ton of them, and most places can service them if you can't yourself.

Back
Top Bottom