show us your 1911s

Here's a pic of the 1911 my wife, bless her, said was so pretty.

small1911.JPG

cheers,
Chuck

Lugnut said:
I know... I just am so into the Glock thing now... I'm leaning towards a G19 when I can find one.

Too bad you didn't mention this a week ago. Last week I sold a nice G19, with a high cap mag, to a fellow NESer for $400.

Last edited:
LenS said:
Well Jon, you finally did it!!

Congrats, you won't regret it.
Ya, I did it. It was now or never[wink]
Now to get a holster, more mags, grips, grip screws to replace the boogered up ones. The screws are the only distraction on this gun. It looks like someone used a dime to change the grips.

Here's the story on the unmarked slide. Lew Horton's had a special run made for them to be engraved http://www.lewhorton.com/Patriotictheme.html
They didn't sell as well as they thought, so they sold off the excess unengraved. The "PAT" prefix serial number was specific to this special run.
I've field stripped it about 4 times to get used to it and on my next day off, I'll hopefully be hitting the range.

BTW: Nice gun Chuck!

JonJ said:
Now to get a holster, more mags, grips, grip screws to replace the boogered up ones. The screws are the only distraction on this gun. It looks like someone used a dime to change the grips.
Call S&W customer service; they'll mail you the screws free of charge. I did the same as one of the screws on my 1911 was a bit buggered up. Great customer service!

Jon,

It's always cool to have a gun that has a little different history to it...something that makes people ask questions about it's different-ness.

I guess my SC model is realtively rare as they only made a few in black before they renamed it the PD.

Since I live in Middleboro about 1/4 mile from my range, we otta get together and 'compare' our 1911's.

Pilgrim said:
Jon,

It's always cool to have a gun that has a little different history to it...something that makes people ask questions about it's different-ness.

I guess my SC model is realtively rare as they only made a few in black before they renamed it the PD.

Since I live in Middleboro about 1/4 mile from my range, we otta get together and 'compare' our 1911's.
I'm game. Sounds like fun. I'm hoping to take it out either tomorrow or Thurs @ Plymouth R&G.

Y'know, if they'd issued those things to the security crew on board the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701, not CVN-61), Jim Kirk would have lost a whole lot less personnel. [smile]

Jay G said:
I've got a new 1911!!! That's a Colt Gold Cup National Match, courtesy of Amicus. Ain't she a beaut???
Yes, she is! Sweet!

I think it's getting to be time for the SECOND NES shoot... So many folks are getting new toys that we need a time to show them off.

I do have a 1911, but haven't trully inherited it yet so can't post a shot and say its mine. But an avatar I use in the forums for my Call Of Duty clan name Otis Driftwood is taken from the character in the movie the Devil's Rejects and I just had to post this shot of Bill Mosely as Otis Driftwood with a few 1911s.[smile]

8d6740bc.jpg

Just realized I didn't have a picture of all my 1911s in one place:

45s8-12-06023.jpg

Boy, I REALLY like the looks of the mahogany grips on the Gold Cup... [grin]

I'm not one to pass up the opportunity to show of my kids.
This is my everyday carry piece.
LEFTSIDE.jpg

This is my WWII Remington Rand with Ithaca slide and a Colt hammer and barrel. I still have the original HS barrel. I recieved it in-the-white because the original owner shot peened it. Mike Pigney in Taunton did a wonderful repark for me.
1911A1001.jpg

Para OPS

This is my everyday carry. Para OPS with Wilson Combat internals and Alumagrips. Officer-sized frame but still holds 7 rounds, go figure.

ops.jpg

Back
Top Bottom