• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Should I buy a SR1911?

You'll line up and push the new front sight on after the factory one breaks off

Still waiting for this to happen on my CMD version. Many hundreds of rounds later its still on there good and solid.

Definitely recommend it!

Yeah
amedejeh.jpg

Sweet SR9c slide. [wink]

So comforting to hear people's sights are staying on after a few hundred rounds...strong vote of confidence.

only because people keep posting the dumb comments about 'your sight is going to fall off if you buy a ruger'. Happened to some guns, not every gun.

It's happened to enough to make it worth mentioning. Being happy they don't fall off after a day at the range is pretty sad.

are you familiar with something known as sarcasm? That's what I was using when I mentioned mine staying on.

Its happened to some and the haters just want to keep harping on it. I haven't seen anyone mention it happening to them for months now.

But I'm sure NO other gun ever has EVER had a problem with it right out of the factory though, just rugers. ( <- sarcasm again)

are you familiar with something known as sarcasm? That's what I was using when I mentioned mine staying on.

Its happened to some and the haters just want to keep harping on it. I haven't seen anyone mention it happening to them for months now.

But I'm sure NO other gun ever has EVER had a problem with it right out of the factory though, just rugers. ( <- sarcasm again)

I hear kimbers are pretty solid from the factory

Just got back with mine, went with the full size....... Zero rounds through it and the sights are still on...[banana]

i also love mine- however im having a failure to eject problem once the gun gets warmed up- ive taken the extractor out and tried to tweak it but it is still happening im going to send it back to ruger-anyone else having this issue?

I should not have opened this thread because now I NEED another one! I traded mine last year for something else I wanted more, but now after seeing all the pics I feel the need to replace it.

i also love mine- however im having a failure to eject problem once the gun gets warmed up- ive taken the extractor out and tried to tweak it but it is still happening im going to send it back to ruger-anyone else having this issue?

Is it clean? Could be build up of carbon in chamber. Or just a tight chamber (if so they'd probably replace the barrel and bushing).

Is it clean? Could be build up of carbon in chamber. Or just a tight chamber (if so they'd probably replace the barrel and bushing).

at first i thought it was due to lack of cleaning but after i good cleaning it still did it-ive tried different mags, cleaning, tweaking the extractor- nothing has helped-im hesitant to send it back just because ive never sent a firearm in for work- but i feel thats my next move-ive put a few hundred rounds through it and its always done it

Back
Top Bottom