James Cameron pokes fun at American gun culture during Paris ‘Terminator’ screening: ‘I can just go buy them’

Reptile

NES Member

In 2022, the famous director said he wants to avoid "fetishizing" guns​

Legendary Hollywood director James Cameron poked fun at American gun culture during a screening of his classic film "Terminator" in Paris this week.

Following the screening – part of an exhibition at Paris’ Cinematheque Française on Cameron’s work – the director recounted fond memories and lessons he learned while directing the sci-fi action flick, which was his second directing effort.

As noted in Variety, he provided one anecdote to the sold-out crowd about not having any idea about firearms while working on the movie, which features an iconic scene of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s character buying several massive weapons at a gun store while a giddy clerk tells them they’re "ideal for home defense."

Continues...

Hypocrite crybaby.

Yup, from the article:

"Signaling he’s a supporter of strict gun control implemented in New Zealand, where he and his wife have a farm, he told the outlet, "I’m happy to be living in New Zealand where they just banned all assault rifles two weeks after that horrific mosque shooting a couple of years ago."

Sometimes I ponder how incredibly Homo sapiens are, at organized violence. We damn nearly killed all competing primates then went on killing each other for millennia. If we take out contents about wars and killings, history books will be thinned about 80%. I bet if movies had been born before guns, directors would’ve been equally fascinated about swords spears and axes.

Sometimes I ponder how incredibly Homo sapiens are, at organized violence. We damn nearly killed all competing primates then went on killing each other for millennia. If we take out contents about wars and killings, history books will be thinned about 80%. I bet if movies had been born before guns, directors would’ve been equally fascinated about swords spears and axes.
Yup, homo sapiens have the market cornered in conquering and genociding everything in their path. You can thank them pesky Neanderthals for bringing that evolutionary characteristic out in us.

Yup, from the article:

"Signaling he’s a supporter of strict gun control implemented in New Zealand, where he and his wife have a farm, he told the outlet, "I’m happy to be living in New Zealand where they just banned all assault rifles two weeks after that horrific mosque shooting a couple of years ago."
Yes but suppressors are quite legal and common.

Yup, from the article:

I remember that shooting. There was no blood anywhere in the entire video. People getting shot in the head from 2 feet away with a shotgun and no mess.

Back
Top Bottom