Should I buy a SR1911?

Love mine...

20131206_090950_RichtoneHDR.jpg

this model with the full length barrel/slide looks awesome.
seems like lately there are more "shorter" 1911 designs. i own only 1 1911 and i'm no expert on them, but the longer barrel/slide just looks sooo much cooler to me.

I bought one a couple months ago and it is hands down my favorite shooter of the 5 handguns I own.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't trade mine for a S&W or Sig straight up. Smith and Sigs are pretty and all, but price to performance ratio and Ruger customer support make it a no brainer for me. Plus I have been convinced that an internal extractor is the way to go. At first I didn't really care one way or another. But I recently polished part of the slide on my friends S&W 1911 and couldn't finish the job due to the fact that I could not remove the external extractor without risking damage to the slide.

It took me less than 5 minutes to take down my SR1911 for cleaning including taking out the firing pin and extractor. Big plus.

Last edited:
I'm sitting on the fence. I have one lined up and I need someone to push me one way or another. Let's here it.

I have the SR1911 CMD - 4.25" barrel with Hogue wraparound rubber grips with finger grooves. I really like it. I have small hands with some medical issues and it is actually a better feeling gun with the wider width for me than my Shield. I purchased mine as a range gun for shooting pins and steel (which is does a fantastic job of!!), but it has turned into my favorite weapon of choice.

I would highly recommend it.

Oh, by the way, you might read about the front sight searing off. Yes, it happened to me, but Ruger customer service was great. Sent it back and a week later it was back. I know others that it has not happened to. I mention it only as "something to know". I don't consider it a deal breaker by any stretch....

If you are ever down in the Worcester area and want to shoot mine, just PM me. [smile]

Jay

8f6529da-60cf-49db-9b66-88a208c4e6a5_zpsaf04b825.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom