Saw two Loomis security guards (or armored car drivers) open carrying at the mall.

so a constable has the power to enter a grove , without a warrant , and make arrests for being profane ?

And a judge has the power to fall off the bench LHAO! [laugh] . . . before throwing both the Constable and defendant out of the courtroom.

That's what you get with archaic laws still on the books.

If I were stuck in a position where the bad guys wanted the money, hey go ahead take it, it ain't mine, and it is company policy, but if you shoot at me while taking the money, the money I have offered to give you with out a fight, then I am going to give you about $10 in scrap copper in your ass. The gun on my hip is not there to protect the money, it is to protect my life and the life of my partner should I have one. Simple math.

That is EXACTLY my sentiment.

I hate to break it to all of you BUT.... I interviewed for a Loomis position once. I was going in there expecting I would get OC/Baton/Pistol training. Well I went through the hoopla of the interview and at the end I asked when I should expect this training. They told me they just want to make sure I can drive stick and I would receive no training. Here's icing on the cake. She said Loomis guards only carry their weapons as a Deterrent... thats right a Deterrent (not diversion thanks vell). You're just suppose to give them the money and get away if you're being robbed. If I hopped on that snazzy gig would I carry a POS weapon? No because if things got a little out of hand it wouldn't matter what their policy was. Luckily I passed on that job and I'm not looking back. This is my experience with Loomis. Other armored car carriers may have different policies. I sure as hell hope they do.
I had a co-worker (in a different field) who started out working as a security officer at Wells Fargo (Bank). He said that they were armed, but it was just for show, to make the customers feel better/serve as a deterrent. They weren't supposed to actually try and stop any crime.

Goddammit I went through this whole thread hoping it would be the “nope the f*ck out of the way” thread. Anyone remember that? Man that was hilarious.

A few years ago a friend of mine worked for Loomis as an ATM service tech. His job was to fix/service machines. They told him he had to carry and to buy a pistol but spend no more then a certain amount as they would reinburse him. He bought a 9mm Sigma and asked me to give him a few shooting lesson at my club, which I did. He moved to NH and I hadn't seen him in a couple of years. When I did see him I asked him how's it's going with the 9mm and he said the company never provided him with any instructions on firearms and that I was the only one who showed him! Scary stuff.

I have a friend who worked for loomis in the vault. Same thing buy your own, they bougnt a makarov cause 9mm and was cheapest in the gun store. Range trip and they decided to use one of the 38 revolvers the company had available to check out check in on a daily basis. Sometimes theyd ride a truck as third person / second messanger, do the big relay runs fed reserve cache places to big banks cache places. That job then paid 12.00 an hour the trucks old bald tires lacking basic maintenance rotting rusted armor. Body armor, guns, ammo all at expense of employee.
There is federal law that permits an on duty money currier to carry in all states. Must be on duty in a company armored vehicle and either servicing customers in the state or passing through similar to fopa.

30 years ago I was on Boylston St with my mother. I took her out for lunch. (Maybe it was 25 yrs ago. Anyhow)

We're walking down that WIIIIIDE sidewalk across from teh church and this guy walks out with a workman's uniform and a revolver at his side. No hat. Just a gray workman's outfit (lighter gray button-down, dark gray or blue pants.)

People are just wandering by on both sides of this guy while he slowly walks across the sidewalk. I quietly push Mom to give him WAAAAY wide berth. As I do, I see the Brinks truck. Behind this guy was the money guy coming out of a bank or something.

Not a single Bostonian acknowledged they were even there, let alone armed and the guns IN HAND not in holsters.

At that moment, I realized that people see what they want to see.

30 years ago I was on Boylston St with my mother. I took her out for lunch. (Maybe it was 25 yrs ago. Anyhow)

We're walking down that WIIIIIDE sidewalk across from teh church and this guy walks out with a workman's uniform and a revolver at his side. No hat. Just a gray workman's outfit (lighter gray button-down, dark gray or blue pants.)

People are just wandering by on both sides of this guy while he slowly walks across the sidewalk. I quietly push Mom to give him WAAAAY wide berth. As I do, I see the Brinks truck. Behind this guy was the money guy coming out of a bank or something.

Not a single Bostonian acknowledged they were even there, let alone armed and the guns IN HAND not in holsters.

At that moment, I realized that people see what they want to see.
Similar story. Maybe 6 or 8 years ago. Walking back from lunch on Sudbury, in front of the courthouse. Guy is walking down the opposite sidewalk in a black polo and blue slacks with holstered pistol in the open.

Nobody in that busy area even blinked.

Similar story. Maybe 6 or 8 years ago. Walking back from lunch on Sudbury, in front of the courthouse. Guy is walking down the opposite sidewalk in a black polo and blue slacks with holstered pistol in the open.

Nobody in that busy area even blinked.
8+ years ago I saw a middle aged dude on a fitchburg commuter rail train napping with a revolver in a shoulder holster he had some kind of security shirt on but he wasn't a real Leo nobody blinked and eye or said anything.

8+ years ago I saw a middle aged dude on a fitchburg commuter rail train napping with a revolver in a shoulder holster he had some kind of security shirt on but he wasn't a real Leo nobody blinked and eye or said anything.
But we must none of us print, let alone ever carry in the open, because everybody's going to lose their minds and call the cops...

Back
Top Bottom