• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger SR-22 Pistol

I've got to agree! The trigger on my Glocks are a pleasure to shoot. The compliant M&P .40 I shot hurt my hand. Once they've had a trigger job they're not bad at all.

I hate to sound confrontational but unless you've put a trigger gauge on yours, your opinion is nearly worthless. After I worked my M&P It felt REALLY good. I was sure it was a 4.5# trigger. Then when I got my Lymann digital gauge, I was astonished to see it was almost 7#. Things like smoothness, reset, creep and stacking affect the perception.

I thought to myself. Hmm. This is a great opportunity for an experiment. Those of you who have read my stuff know I like to quantify things that are quantifiable. So I went to a friend who had a gun from the Springfield custom shop. He was sure it was a 3# trigger. It measured 4lbs 10 oz. It was a beautiful trigger, with almost no creep, no over travel and a glass rod break. But it wasn't 3#.

I can go on about more people and more guns that I measured. But you get my point. If you didn't measure it with a gauge, its probably heavier than you think.

Don

I hate to sound confrontational but unless you've put a trigger gauge on yours, your opinion is nearly worthless.

I'm sorry but why does someone need to use a trigger gauge to realize shooting a firearm hurts their hand? Sounds like you didn't understand what I was saying. It's ok next time you can get your gauge and figure it out :).

I hate to sound confrontational but unless you've put a trigger gauge on yours, your opinion is nearly worthless.

I'm sorry but why does someone need to use a trigger gauge to realize shooting a firearm hurts their hand? Sounds like you didn't understand what I was saying. It's ok next time you can get your gauge and figure it out :).

Jraysig - I'm not challenging that the trigger on a M&P hurt your finger. I'm challenging your agreement with Dr. Grant that a 3.5# connector does in fact have about a 3.5# trigger. I'm not doubting, that its a pleasure to shoot. Mine is a pleasure to shoot at over 5#.

I guess I should have quoted Dr. Grant. either way. Most people think that their trigger is lighter than it really is. And as you implied, a basic glock with a 7.5# trigger can feel decent and a G34 with a 5.5# (with 3.5# connector) can feel pretty darn good.

Don

p.s. If shooting a MA compliant M&P shoots your hand, maybe you should do some dry firing with a DA revolver. ; -)

Last edited:
Jraysig - I'm not challenging that the trigger on a M&P hurt your finger. I'm challenging your agreement with Dr. Grant that a 3.5# connector does in fact have about a 3.5# trigger. I'm not doubting, that its a pleasure to shoot. Mine is a pleasure to shoot at over 5#.

I guess I should have quoted Dr. Grant. either way. Most people think that their trigger is lighter than it really is. And as you implied, a basic glock with a 7.5# trigger can feel decent and a G34 with a 5.5# (with 3.5# connector) can feel pretty darn good.

Don

p.s. If shooting a MA compliant M&P shoots your hand, maybe you should do some dry firing with a DA revolver. ; -)

Just like the trigger better on my Glock I don't care about the lbs. The gun hurts because the ma compliant trigger is terrible no matter what the weight is. I don't pretend to understand how the internal parts of either operate but I know when a weapon is enjoyable to shoot. The compliant M&P are not. I've fired several DA revolvers and ALL of them are far more enjoyable!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
We should all move to NH! It would be far easier and there's no state income tax :). My friend lives just over the border. His CCP cost him ten dollars and he can buy what ever he likes.

That firearm is already MA compliant. Compliancy is a dealer issue only, not you the buyer.

If you find one, then buy it. Read the compliant FAQ.

All you really need to worry about is the AWB. Otherwise buy it if you almost have it paid off.

That firearm is already MA compliant. Compliancy is a dealer issue only, not you the buyer.

If you find one, then buy it. Read the compliant FAQ.

All you really need to worry about is the AWB. Otherwise buy it if you almost have it paid off.

My guess is in that poster's case he has some kind of pre order with an MA dealer pending compliance "approval" or some crap like that. If that's the case if it's not on the roster yet it could take months before he sees it. (Although there are some dealers that know ahead of time when something is going to hit the roster and they start selling it if they're reasonably sure the gun is going to end up on the roster, but we're not going to discuss those here. )

-Mike

Last edited:
This gun will sell out very quickly. It's basically Ruger's call to that POS called the P22. I love Ruger and will get one of these once they become available.

Four Seasons sent an email that they have one, and are accepting orders.

EMail from Carl at FS just recently!

The highly anticipated Ruger SR22 is very close to being available for sale in MA.

As soon as the final steps of the certification process are completed, we will be able to sell them.

We have one at the shop to show you and we are accepting orders now.

$319.95

Go get 'em! [smile]

Sorry I posted it in the 'other' thread.

If anyone wants one on the south shore, PM me and I'll tell you where there are 3 more that haven't been claimed yet...

I got a buddy into shooting a few weeks ago and he went out and bought one of these,I took him out last weekend and I wouldn't give it back.

I might get one of these myself.

Pick one up at Four Seasons yesterday....I was able to get to the range and put only about a 100 rounds thru it (had to
go to work)...shot some Federal bulk a few mini mags and some Blazer....doesn't like the Blazer.. many fail to feeds....it's small, comes with 2 grips sizes the smaller one is on the gun..2 mags and 2 extra pinky finger magazine base plates, a soft case and a lock that is big enough to hammer nails with..The field strip is the same as a P-22 ...DA trigger pull is hard but the SA is pretty good...price was 319.....First impression....good plinker at a fair price....

Pick one up at Four Seasons yesterday....I was able to get to the range and put only about a 100 rounds thru it (had to
go to work)...shot some Federal bulk a few mini mags and some Blazer....doesn't like the Blazer.. many fail to feeds....it's small, comes with 2 grips sizes the smaller one is on the gun..2 mags and 2 extra pinky finger magazine base plates, a soft case and a lock that is big enough to hammer nails with..The field strip is the same as a P-22 ...DA trigger pull is hard but the SA is pretty good...price was 319.....First impression....good plinker at a fair price....

The one gripe I've heard about it is the trigger, but I've yet to shoot it yet. As for the gigantic lock, Ruger does tend to go a bit overboard, but at least you get a nice padlock with each gun!

Most the shooting will be done in the SA mode which is a good .. it's a 300 dollar gun so I wasn't expecting a great trigger buts it's not bad.....comment I heard at FS yesterday was this gun Will hurt the sale of P22's..

When putting on the pinky extensions, make sure you actually pay attention when you do it. If you are dumb and slide the extension on backwards, they do NOT want to come off, or so I've heard.

Back
Top Bottom