• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger SR-22 Pistol

Just got back from the range The SR-22 is a hit! Blazer, Remington, Federals, CCI it ate it all with the exception that on a few occasions the round would go off and eject the caseing but the next round in line did not chamber I had both mags one with the little extension and the one with the flat plate The mag I had with the flat plate seems to be the culprit just rack the slide and I was good to go.
It was shooting a little low out of the box I will be fixing that next time I hit the range. My friend took his bodyguard revolver and also my SR9c we had so much fun with my SR-22 to get it to jam or do anything funky that we forgot about our other firearms. This is a great little .22 tons of fun feels good in your hands and it runs like a champ.

The SR22 is a damn fun gun to shoot isn't it. Spent most of my last day at the range shooting it. Of course I couldn't just forget my new SR1911, so I had to use that as well.

We did have the same issue with the FTF the next round a few times. It didn't happen to me, but it happened to my friend whom I brought along for his first time at the range. I assumed he wasn't holding it steady or didn't have the magazine seated properly. So ill be looking for this the next time I hit the range.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One S via tapatalk

So I was at Mass Rifle tonight and I saw a friend cleaning his SR-22. I asked how it was shooting and how he liked it. He was kind of unemotional about the gun last time I saw him and the blazer didn't run through it that well. He said the gun was really improving and was happy with the results on the range trip. He asked me if I wanted to try a few rounds and I took him up on the offer. I had some Winchester .22 bulk hollow points and loaded up a magazine. It ran flawless in the gun and it was unbelievably fun to shoot. This is top on my list to buy and he told me that bulk packs and the cheap blazer ran fine through the gun. The gun hasn't even been broken in fully yet (300 or so rounds he said.) Also, I have fairly large hands and the gun felt great. It is still just a range plinker but it beats the P22 or the Sig mosquito anyday.

Have a good week.

How long is the barrel?

I figured up until I looked at the picture just now that it was a striker fired pistol like all the other SR's. I guess not.

Does anyone even make a striker fired .22?

How will this impact MkIII sales?

Edit: I'm cracking up at myself. I already posted almost the same comments earlier. I am still curious about any striker fired .22's and a longer barreled hunting model.

Hmm. Maybe I'm wrong. Even still, since its internal and couldn't be touched, it would function exactly like a striker.

It is an internal hammer-fired gun but it's single action, so not exactly like a striker.......more like S&W's answer to the 22/45 in a familiar platform.

I've had the SR-22 for awhile now and it's been a joy to shoot. I've easily run a few thousand rds through it. Mostly bulk Federal or CCI standard. In the beginning, I had a couple malfunctions, stove pipes etc., but now that its getting broken in, it has been running flawlessly. It also has been a great first gun for my wife to shoot and with it she has become very comfortable safely handing all firearms(She actually calls it her gun). She's a big fan of the easy loading mags, too.

My only complaint is that DA trigger. It plain suxs! If only I could put a better trigger in it. But out of single action, again, its super fun to shoot.

Two thumbs up! [smile][smile][smile][smile][smile]

The m&p 22 doesn't share much with the rest of the m&p's beyond looks. It's not even made by s&w, it's made by walther.

Back
Top Bottom