• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reason #123456789 I'm against mag capacity restrictions

Wow. Too bad the fire truck wasn't hooked to a hydrant. They could have washed him down the road.

I am not for cops killing people but in this case I also think after the 9 millionth time he told him to put the knife down and the guy kept advancing then that was more than enough chances.

Too bad the cop got injured.

Isn’t over till the threats down and out

Think it was total of 12 shots till the threat was over

but we honest people only need 10rds.....

The current philosophy in Defensive tactics is create time and distance in those scenarios. He did good... right up until he did really bad. That guy clearly wanted to get suicided... the cop might have done better playing ring around the rosie with his cruiser... mmqb being what it is.

1) I think the cop did great (until the end) in trying REALLY hard to deescalate the situation.
2) This really puts the power (or lack thereof) of handguns into view. Seven rounds that appeared to be on target and the guy didn't stop. Even the second cop planted four shots into the dude's face and he was still moving around!

I'd like to think thàt the cop saw that he was only a threat to him and he was confident he could drop him if it became nessisary.

Saw this when it happened. I'm fine with him lighting him up way earlier. Dude advances on you with a knife, put him down. There's no reasoning with a guy holding a knife hell bent on advancing towards a guy carrying a gun.

Maybe one guy tries tasing immediately, but after that just light him up.

Saw this when it happened. I'm fine with him lighting him up way earlier. Dude advances on you with a knife, put him down. There's no reasoning with a guy holding a knife hell bent on advancing towards a guy carrying a gun.

Maybe one guy tries tasing immediately, but after that just light him up.

They could have walked backwards all the way to the police station and just arrested him. ;). I concur they should have tried tasing FAR earlier. Both tasing him. Cranked up with a car battery. Lean on the switch. Shut the dood down.

I wonder how many of the first 7 were on target and how many were COM. Second 4 - one head shot for sure. Unsure on the rest. So no telling how "superficial" the wounds were.

Cops are in a no-win situation in that one. Shoot too early or often and you're F'd. Shoot too late and not enough and the guy gets up and tries to kill you.

Lastly - where was this? A golf course?? Did he have a bad round?

Wow...was somebody screaming from the sidewalk “just do it”? Feel bad for the cop that got hurt. Knife dude had it coming to him.

Guess the 9mm being too lite is an actual thing......
A few of these were probably gut shots and worthless in the moment. Even a perfect shot through the heart or lungs could leave the recipient functional for 5-10 seconds. Mozambique FTW.

I wish all cops were as good as these ones. This would have been a good case for using one of those new spiderweb net things.

Seems like a good cop to me. Sure, he could have just started shooting right away until the guy was bloody paste, by they tried to do what they could to take him alive, even though that meant risking their safety.

I'm sure some would see this as a failure, because the officers didn't prioritize their own safety, but I see this as an example of good policing.

Back
Top Bottom