Rant: 3 weeks and nothing

Funny you ask...i have been calling twice a week for 2 1/2 weeks. Talk to Goal(Nancy was VERY helpful I might add)!!
Also been stopping by the station when i have been in the neighborhood!
BUT...yesterday i came home to a blinking answering machine[grin]..Wait a minute..Side note WED. stopped and was shown my folder(along with 30-50 others) and was told "WE hope to get these up to the chief's office for him to sign"[thinking]..... now back to our regular schedule BLABBING.....so answering machine blonking... " Hi this is Officer BLAH BLAH at WPD please give me a call at LIC. we are here between 8-3pm" [sad2]it was 4:30 when i got it..*%$#%@[crying]...so now waiting til Monday at 8 am to call!!!!!![rolleyes]

Still waiting!!!!

Officer Blah Blah told me when i stopped by to check yesterday,after noting that i have until 8/9/2007 til it expires the expire( 90 days ) "Don't worry ! Just don't go running around with your gun on you!!"

Anybody have any experience in Bolton? I've been waiting nine weeks so far since I turned in the app and got fingerprinted, etc. I talked to a buddy down the street and his took EIGHT MONTHS! I called the BPD the other day to see if I could get an update and all I got was a gruff answer of, "Don't bother me. It'll be done when it's done."

I just signed up and saw this thread. I thought I'd throw in my experience. I just got my Class A LTC from Billerica, it took 31 weeks total. Yes, that's 217 days. There was no mixup or anything, it really just took that long. Anyone complaining about a few weeks makes me want to scream :)

Best of luck to you guys!

Dope

Anybody have any experience in Bolton? I've been waiting nine weeks so far since I turned in the app and got fingerprinted, etc. I talked to a buddy down the street and his took EIGHT MONTHS! I called the BPD the other day to see if I could get an update and all I got was a gruff answer of, "Don't bother me. It'll be done when it's done."

I put my renewal in in Bolton on June 21, and I'm still waiting. I spoke with them today and they said the problem is with the state, which I don't doubt - Bolton has been very good in the past. I'm surprised to hear they were short with you on the phone, every contact I've had with them in the 14+ years I've been in town has been great - friendly and professional at the same time.

I got mine earlier this summer (June-July). 4 weeks exactly in Westminster. They were helpful and courteous. Only downside was waiting two weeks to get an appointment. I can't complain, they said 4-6 weeks processing time and I had it in 4 weeks to the day.

I put my renewal in in Bolton on June 21, and I'm still waiting. I spoke with them today and they said the problem is with the state, which I don't doubt - Bolton has been very good in the past. I'm surprised to hear they were short with you on the phone, every contact I've had with them in the 14+ years I've been in town has been great - friendly and professional at the same time.

OK, then why don't you ask them what they did to piss off the state? The state manages to process applications from most other towns in a timely fashion, as witnessed by the numerous people from other towns who are getting both renewals and new applications processed and approved in a month or so. Have you called CHSB to find out just what's holding up your application? A lot of people who do so discover that the reason CHSB hasn't finished processing their application is that the local PD (who is blaming the state for the delay) hasn't even got around to sending the application in yet. It's easy to blame somebody else when (a) 99% of the people you lie to won't bother to check, and (b) there's not much that the other 1% can do anyway.

Ken

OK, then why don't you ask them what they did to piss off the state . . .

I've been trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, Ken, based on the fact that the individual responsible for processing LTCs hasn't changed for a number of years and he has always acted promptly and professionally in the past. That said, I don't mind calling CHSB to see what their take is on the whole thing. Is there a better number (or person?) to call than the listed CHSB general number? I have visions of being put on hold and/or bounced around for hours, which is often what happens when I try to deal with the state.

Never mind - it came in today. Applied June 21, received September 13. Routine renewal of LTC A/ALP (now "restrictions: none" of course). There was a pretty big stack of envelopes in the pile when I went in to pick it up - maybe that had something to do with the delay.

Never mind - it came in today. Applied June 21, received September 13. Routine renewal of LTC A/ALP (now "restrictions: none" of course). There was a pretty big stack of envelopes in the pile when I went in to pick it up - maybe that had something to do with the delay.

Wonder if mine is in that pile... Did they call you or did you call them?

Have you called CHSB to find out just what's holding up your application? A lot of people who do so discover that the reason CHSB hasn't finished processing their application is that the local PD (who is blaming the state for the delay) hasn't even got around to sending the application in yet.

<grumble> This is exactly what I just found out. I called the Bolton PD again today and got fed the same line about the state taking forever because they're all backed up. Called the CHSB and they said Bolton hadn't sent it to them yet. So much for the 7 days, it's been 80. So now what? I guess I'll go back and harass Bolton, but seeing as how they've holding all the marbles, I don't want to piss them off.

"Hi, this is jdubois. I checked with the CHSB to see what the holdup on my LTC was, and they said that they haven't received it yet. Could you guys check and see if it didn't fall behind a filing cabinet or get overlooked? It's been 80 days and I'm nervous about my 90 day grace period expiring."

Try something like that; don't be accusatory but let them know that you know that the state doesn't have it yet.

"Hi, this is jdubois. I checked with the CHSB to see what the holdup on my LTC was, and they said that they haven't received it yet. Could you guys check and see if it didn't fall behind a filing cabinet or get overlooked? It's been 80 days and I'm nervous about my 90 day grace period expiring."

Try something like that; don't be accusatory but let them know that you know that the state doesn't have it yet.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try something along those lines. Can't use the '90 day grace period' pressure though, cause it's a new application, not a renewal.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try something along those lines. Can't use the '90 day grace period' pressure though, cause it's a new application, not a renewal.
Oh. Well, it was worth a try. Anyway, just ask - not in an accusatory tone - what have you got to lose? Just make like you are concerned and wanted to ask the CHSB what was going on, and you're now worried because they don't seem to have it. Maybe it got lost in the mail?

Just be your friendly self. (you are friendly, right? Well, be that way when you call.)

And if that doesn't work, sic your friendly local legistraitor on them. A call from a state senator or rep has been known to speed things up.

What you Talkin' 'bout Willis?

You do have a 90 day period.

The 90 days is your period to appeal a denial.

If after 40 days, you have only 90 days to file an appeal with the district court.

In any event, I have no idea what they are claiming about the application not being submitted. Bolton uses the on-line application now. It's submitted when you sit down and answer the questions and take the photo.

In any event, I have no idea what they are claiming about the application not being submitted. Bolton uses the on-line application now. It's submitted when you sit down and answer the questions and take the photo.

According to the CHSB, they did have a record of the application, but it was still in "Bolton's Queue". Even though the on-line application is immediate, Bolton has to release the application before the CHSB will take a look at it. At least that's what I was told.

[shocked] I think it is in...I'm going there right now. They said it was there...but at this point...154/129 days (applied/expired).... I will believe it when i have it in my wallet!!!![rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom