Range dilemma…

[rolleyes]

And you are able to tell, by what a person is shooting at, whether or not they are going to go on a violent rampage?

Psychic skills, obviously.[rolleyes]

well if he is angry at something and thats the reason hes doing it then talking to him could calm him down and get him to start thinking straight

I prefer to just walk up and hug people. [wink]

Huh, I shot up a plastic Frosty the snowman and a plastic Santa Claus once. Does that mean I'm deranged; a sicko; a domestic "anti-Christmas terrorist"? Should I turn myself in because I killed Kris Kringle and his pals?

[shocked] You hate Christmas!

Deadly serious. After all, if someone is intent on going on a murderous spree, all you have to do is have a friendly chat and they will forget all about it. [thinking]

Yes, that has worked so well in the past.[rolleyes]

Voltaire was french though.... do you REALLY trust a frenchman to defend anything? (other than a recipe or smelly cheese or something....)

Nah, this was before the French started to suck, you know when they were giving us stuff to kill redcoats.

If you see me at the range and I look pissed, leave me alone. OK?

No hug? (just kidding, please don't hurt me[laugh])

shooting that type of target *IS* how some people (myself included) calm down :)

Same here. "recoil therapy"

So what if I put a picture of my ex up and use that for a target should I have the po po interview me? how many people do you know that have put pictures or photos of people they don't like up on dart boards? Like Eddie said if you see me at the range and I look angry leave me alone

I dont know what can you do, ive never been presented with a situation like this, but purposly remaining ignorant of things going on around you is not the way to be.
He's not committing any crime and you have no proof that he is going to commit a crime. He's just shooting at a target that you don't like, so you are going to call the cops and get him jammed up. Great.

So what if I put a picture of my ex up and use that for a target should I have the po po interview me? how many people do you know that have put pictures or photos of people they don't like up on dart boards? Like Eddie said if you see me at the range and I look angry leave me alone

just don't let the ex find out you were using their picture as target practice, that's probably a one way ticket to a 209A in mass, and whatever the NH equivalent is....

let me ask you a question if someone hung the U.S. Flag up there and shot at it would you MYOB and not care? Its just a flag.

If someone held a copy of the constitution and shot at it would you care? Its just a piece of paper.

A blank silhouete target is just a piece of paper and i have no fault with that. But if someone was to put up a photo and shoot at it then its not just a piece of paper or photo. If someone put up a picture of one of your family members or friends and shot at it would you care? Its just a piece of paper afterall.

As far as what i would do, I dont know probably talk to them and ask them why they are shooting at it and if they are angry talk to them, calm them down a bit.

And as far as reporting it turning into some unconstitutional act what gives anti gun liberals more ammunition a firearm related act of violence or a report of concern.

Actually, I would mind my own business. Why should I care what they're shooting at, as long as it isn't dangerous to me (chance of shrapnel, explosion, etc).

Saying someone shooting at a picture of a person is going to go on a killing spree is like saying someone having "personal time" with a Victoria's Secret catalog is going to become a rapist.

Actually, I would mind my own business. Why should I care what they're shooting at, as long as it isn't dangerous to me (chance of shrapnel, explosion, etc).
I'd be pretty pissed if they were shooting at tannerite ... and didn't bring enough for me to shoot at it too [laugh]

Saying someone shooting at a picture of a person is going to go on a killing spree is like saying someone having "personal time" with a Victoria's Secret catalog is going to become a rapist.
You might be surprised about what some feminists say about pr0n.

i brought a Mouser catalog to the range to shoot a while ago.... what does that say about me? :)
5515906820_8264c62f95.jpg

All though they may kill a few kittens

I don't buy it, there's still a healthy cat population...

You might be surprised about what some feminists say about pr0n.

Victoria's Secret =/= Pr0n. (I chose that example for exactly that reason)

i brought a Mouser catalog to the range to shoot a while ago.... what does that say about me? :)

Some people are freakier than others I suppose[rofl]

you dont know, the only person who knows is the person shooting at the target. Maybe you dont report it and you talk to him and ask him why he is shooting at that type of target. Just by talking to a person you could calm that person down.

Is it that common for somebody to shoot a pic of somebody at a range to go out and shoot a real person? If you came to my range you would have a list of suspects. The only problem is that those shooters just see them as cheap targets.

Huh, I shot up a plastic Frosty the snowman and a plastic Santa Claus once. Does that mean I'm deranged; a sicko; a domestic "anti-Christmas terrorist"? Should I turn myself in because I killed Kris Kringle and his pals?

You must know this guy. [rofl]

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you dissatisfied with their customer service????? [laugh]

Hell a few years ago I'm surprised I didn't get reported to "Big Sis" because I shot up an awful lot of phone books at the range. (Basically every year Verizon brings us like 500 phone books and only about 2% of the people in the building take any, so I would take the spares and use them for, uh, ballistic testing. )

-Mike

The OP didn't do anything wrong. He kept his mouth shut and left. He DIDN'T go to the board etc.

Personally, if you are offended by a target someone is using, why wouldn't you just ask WTF was going on? If someone does something I find really offensive in any other context I'll say something. why would this be an exception? You just gotta be prepared for a "NOYFB" answer and either nut up or shut up depending on what the behavior is...

Personally, if you are offended by a target someone is using, why wouldn't you just ask WTF was going on? If someone does something I find really offensive in any other context I'll say something. why would this be an exception? You just gotta be prepared for a "NOYFB" answer and either nut up or shut up depending on what the behavior is...

+1 on this as a serious answer to the OP's question. Then, depending on the response from the guy, proceed accordingly. If the guy tells you he is just having a bad day and de-stressing, or having an innocent good time, leave it alone. If the guy goes off on some clearly deranged rant, report it. If the guy goes psycho and levels his weapon at you, then cap him Mozambique.

+1 on this as a serious answer to the OP's question. Then, depending on the response from the guy, proceed accordingly. If the guy tells you he is just having a bad day and de-stressing, or having an innocent good time, leave it alone. If the guy goes off on some clearly deranged rant, report it. If the guy goes psycho and levels his weapon at you, then cap him Mozambique.

[laugh2]best answer in this thread yet![rofl]

Let's see...
redneck
racist
satanist
a-hole
terrorist
exhibitionist
tea bagger
blah blah blah...

...and now I guess I'm a rapist too. [sad] hahahahaha [laugh]

I was hoping for an after picture.

When I started reading this thread I thought that any of the clothing adds that come with the paper would make some good targets. Shoot at the little pictures. Now I might have to worry about my motives. Cheap assorted targets. [grin]

I'll shoot at anything if its on the berm. Pictures of children, plastic dolls, teddy bears, political signs, religious books, even a pig's head full o' tannerite.
Who gives a shit... they're all inanimate objects.

let me ask you a question if someone hung the U.S. Flag up there and shot at it would you MYOB and not care? Its just a flag.

If someone held a copy of the constitution and shot at it would you care? Its just a piece of paper.

A blank silhouete target is just a piece of paper and i have no fault with that. But if someone was to put up a photo and shoot at it then its not just a piece of paper or photo. If someone put up a picture of one of your family members or friends and shot at it would you care? Its just a piece of paper afterall.

As far as what i would do, I dont know probably talk to them and ask them why they are shooting at it and if they are angry talk to them, calm them down a bit.

And as far as reporting it turning into some unconstitutional act what gives anti gun liberals more ammunition a firearm related act of violence or a report of concern.

Not caring and minding your own business are two different things. If my neighbor wiped his ass with the flag and threw it in the trash I'd absolutely care. I'd still mind my own business.

Back
Top Bottom