PSL build starting

first shot fired. i bet the brass shit was too weak to cycle it, bet that was your only problem. PSLs aren't meant to eat that high class shit anyway.

e_666200187_zpsa1d33a05.jpg

e_666200191_zps0530c01e.jpg

operating.

heard you had a stuck case or some shit though after we left?

Yeah the brass was soft point with a round nose. Realize it was a bad idea when I tried to unload the mags. The feeds lips in the mags don't like it.

I had one case have the head torn off. I'm not worried I've had it happen before in my mosin . I forgot the extractor tool at the house :(.... I was rushing . Didn't even lube the thing.

I bought this last night around 12 when I woke up .
ege8e9y6.jpg

Not bad for 30$ . Other places selling the sling and cleaning rod wanted 20$ each .

I also found a mag vest that I'm gonna get so I can run the gun in a event .

Need a scope now ! But not sure which one .

Last edited:
Looking good Ben!

I have a new in wrapper BHA stock for the PSL - its a dragunov stock, fits like a glove and is way better feeling than the wood PSL stock. If you are interested (and a little sick of the shitty LOP on the issued PSL stock) id be happy to sell it to you for cost.

This is what it looks like on a PSL. The cheek riser can twist out of the way if you are using irons - just like on a standard SVD.

7846E6BD-BA0F-4BDD-8339-235BECF7C09D_zps7n54lzhv.jpg

Looking good Ben!

I have a new in wrapper BHA stock for the PSL - its a dragunov stock, fits like a glove and is way better feeling than the wood PSL stock. If you are interested (and a little sick of the shitty LOP on the issued PSL stock) id be happy to sell it to you for cost.

This is what it looks like on a PSL. The cheek riser can twist out of the way if you are using irons - just like on a standard SVD.

7846E6BD-BA0F-4BDD-8339-235BECF7C09D_zps7n54lzhv.jpg

Kinda torn . I like the stock look. Those you can rotate for left handed shooters too right? My step dad shoots lefty so figure I could use it when he comes out.

I've been trying to find a bi pod like that. What do you call that type of mount? All the ones I find use a sling stud.

Yes, the cheek riser can move to either side for lefty or righty.

Thats a versa pod bipod, and I used a Mini-14 versa bipod adapter - and a simple QD sling adapter as a set screw.

Here are pictures of the how-to:
http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/islandfocus2/library/Versa Pod?sort=6&page=1

You can use other versa pod adapters, the model 51 comes to mind. Basically you need to mount the bipod adapter to the receiver, one way or another. I used two plates of steel to sandwich the receiver under the front trunnion - the plate that sits inside the receiver is drilled and threaded to accept the bipod adapter screws. Then screw the bipod adapter screws into the retaining plate inside the receiver - do the same with the larger QD mount set screw and there you have it. Rock solid and it won't mess with the barrel during firing. You can remove everything by unscrewing the screws and taking the plates out. I suppose you can weld them in place too.\

Here is a close up - you can see the shiny retaining plate below the receiver. There is a matching plate in the inside of the receiver. You have to trim it a bit to allow for the hand guard to fit - but you'll figure it out, its gun building, not rocket surgery.
EDB96E18-FA94-486C-93AE-3FABCEE97867_zpssjq0fer8.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I wasn't sure what you called the type of bi pod that mounts on a shaft. I was thinking a aluminum extended put plate with a stud for a Harris style sling stud month would flex .

Thanks for the tips def know what to look for when I have the cash to buy it . I need to Be careful since that's where the serial number and crap is .
I'll figure it out.

finally a "happy ending" ... [laugh]

Bets paid In full too lol .
I still got to clean the barrel up. 15 mins with sand paper.

Every one at the event yesterday reaction .. you paid how much and waited how long and it looks like this wtf.

I don't know if my face showed it but after the second shot and it didn't blow up I felt all warm and fuzzy inside.

Few guys are sad they can't rag on me any more . Don't worry I got a few builds in the works lol .

Few guys are sad they can't rag on me any more . Don't worry I got a few builds in the works lol .

Come on Ben, if you're like most of us there is always something to rag on you about. I never let my friends down with a lack of reasons to give me shit.

Nice build by the way. Glad you made it through all the crap you dealt with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warwickben;3856171 I don't know if my face showed it but after the second shot and it didn't blow up I felt all warm and fuzzy inside. [/QUOTE said:
You fired it, fired a couple more sprinted to check the brass, jumped back fired the rest off hurriedly loaded another mag, we could tell you were like a kid on Christmas.

“Excellent” PSL mags at Apex. April 9, 2014. $55
Just got 2 of the mags and they look unissued!
Ordered more!!
They also have a “GOOD” grade for a little less….$45

3usupe7u.jpg

Guess legal threats work . Sorry for that poor bastard.

To today was a good day.
Got the accessory kit
udevazav.jpg

I'm Pretty sure one of the items is a rag to clean the scope .

And picked up a pso scope with the rubber eye piece and a really nice new style mill padded nylon case.
Spot for the eye piece , amber filter and rag in the bag . Not bad for 100$ and trip to Boston to meet a nes member .
esy3e7eb.jpg

Just got back from my shop trimming the scope rail to size.
The dovetail rail was but cut to finish dims .
Would of been a lot easier todo with out the barrel but I didn't have the scope .

sa7etety.jpg

Not sure if I want to refinish the receiver or leave it all scratched up .

I just need to get some cash so I can send the barrel blank and parts out to be profiled and head space etc set.
This guy you pay when he ships .
I just need 200$ he says 6 weeks I just like to have the money put aside.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom