PSL build starting

I looked at the photos in that auction a little more closely and noticed there's no import marks (Imported by CAI...etc.). So it's most likely a parts kit?

I messaged the seller and looked at the photos more closely and he told me (which I can now see in the photo) that it has the markings "Imported by C.A.I. ST. ALB. VT." below the safety lever. And on the left side at the back it says "MADE by ROMARM/CUGIR ROMANIA".

First one I've seen that has CAI ST ALB VT markings and not CAI GEORGIA VT on the receiver. Not sure what the real difference is. I need to go to bed and stop researching this stuff, I'm going to end up bidding and blowing even more money lol.

I don't really know much about the different imports etc.
I basically learned about what parts to buy to build my kit.

My receiver from what I learned was a Romania second.
The scope rail I had to cut the dove tail on my mill to make the scope fit.

It was like around .200 too wide.

I don't really know much about the different imports etc.
I basically learned about what parts to buy to build my kit.

My receiver from what I learned was a Romania second.
The scope rail I had to cut the dove tail on my mill to make the scope fit.

It was like around .200 too wide.

That's okay. I PMed Sir_Macadoo to see what his opinion is on the rifle and any advice he has.

Replacement Barrel showed up

1000x better . No real tooling marks like the last one . Threaded as speced this time .

Any one got head space gauges looks like I tossed mine with my junk mail .

taja7aby.jpg

It's alive .

It was a good day at the range . I need to get new top cover. It's just too bent and doesn't want to stay locked in.

Other then that it ran like a champ. Shot 120-160 rds today

[video=youtube_share;IJYcpi9Q-VI]http://youtu.be/IJYcpi9Q-VI[/video]

If any one sees a top cover for sale let me know.

Also got to shoot a aug today .

Errr with my luck gun broker will rip me off lol . I was kinda scared of it blowing up again so he took the first shoot then I ran a bunch of mags through it. The video was takken later in the day .

i've never been hosed on gunbroker but i've probably only got a few sales and maybe 10 or 12 purchases.

i'll buy it, but then by the time i sell it to you it'll be $60. [wink]

Got a free psl barrel in the mail yesterday from a company in fl.
Gonna try to cut it down and turn it to ak specs for my carbine build.

I almost don't want to since its has a nice blue job.

Got a free psl barrel in the mail yesterday from a company in fl.
Gonna try to cut it down and turn it to ak specs for my carbine build.

I almost don't want to since its has a nice blue job.

Did you get a M.A.R.S barrel? Did you check the specs? How are they? In the last few weeks he's had a major fall from grace.

Did you get a M.A.R.S barrel? Did you check the specs? How are they? In the last few weeks he's had a major fall from grace.

[rofl] is ben forever barrel cursed?

Seems that way lol ..... Butt.....

Chamber looks good. It was free !!!! It would of been funny after he used my example of prexis mess and sent me a barrel with a bad chamber .
He told me straight up the journals where little big. But I cut it down and turned it to ak length and parts placement , matching my mix match of parts . The tooling marks wherent bad on the od. It wasn't glass finish but it wasn't chatter marks. I was happy with that.

I didn't even bother measuring the od of the barrel besides the trunnion and rsb area.
They where like .003.004 big. 1 inch roll of 180 grit sand paper and milking the cow motion for a couple of mins fixed that

The rest of the barrel I turned to my specs on a lathe so I never measured .

abaac670edcd432b7d1f3a908e325469.jpg

shoot it.

Waiting on ak builder to get me my barrel pins . Should be here tomorrow then I can drill the gas port. Then when ever al not gay and will go to the range I will.

I bought a mix bag of parts to build this gun so I didn't have barrel pins retaining pins .

I wished I could find another psl bolt I'd build a bulpup :) since I have a spare carrier. but for what they go for I could buy the builder kit for 150$ lol .

But I think I'm done with 54r Ak's ...
I need a x39 one at least. I'm torn between akm and 74 tho. Figure akm since 5.56 is like 5.45.

Should I paint the barrel black?

I'm redoing the gold..... Goldiggie missed a lot of spots when he crekota or what ever it's called. And I don't like the look . I want it more bling more lord of war.
[video=youtube_share;go9kV4nxsfk]http://youtu.be/go9kV4nxsfk[/video]

Seems that way lol ..... Butt.....

Chamber looks good. It was free !!!! It would of been funny after he used my example of prexis mess and sent me a barrel with a bad chamber .
He told me straight up the journals where little big. But I cut it down and turned it to ak length and parts placement , matching my mix match of parts . The tooling marks wherent bad on the od. It wasn't glass finish but it wasn't chatter marks. I was happy with that.

I didn't even bother measuring the od of the barrel besides the trunnion and rsb area.
They where like .003.004 big. 1 inch roll of 180 grit sand paper and milking the cow motion for a couple of mins fixed that

The rest of the barrel I turned to my specs on a lathe so I never measured .

abaac670edcd432b7d1f3a908e325469.jpg

Glad to hear that.

Back
Top Bottom