PSL build starting

Still no word from prexis. im just gonna use some one else for the barrel.
They linked to this thread on weapons guild. So I'll probably get ban for the down fall video I made when I was pissed. Guess some one started a thread on ak files? If you see it shoot me a link .

Any one got tips on removing a barrel with a trunnion riveted in ?

I've removed and replaced rivets many a time on my motorcycle exhausts and other heavy sheet metal (High grade stainless steel rivets). So long as you don't plan on reusing the rivet just drill them out with a high strength bit on the side with the broken off dimple then pop the head off with a flathead and it should all fall out.

use a drill bit smaller than the OD of the rivet shaft, and you'll never even touch the original hole

Yeah I planned on filling a flat then center drilling it .
Then stepping up my bits.
Just little worried about it walking and messing the receiver.

I'll just do it in my shop on my mill. And go crazy slow.

Not to hijack the thread (thought you would know best) but I was just curious if there are any shops in NH or MA that sell PSLs? I've always thought it would be badass to have a semi-auto rifle in x54r. Pretty pricy on gun broker. $1200+. I don't see myself getting one anytime soon but wouldn't mine checking one out in person.

Not to hijack the thread (thought you would know best) but I was just curious if there are any shops in NH or MA that sell PSLs? I've always thought it would be badass to have a semi-auto rifle in x54r. Pretty pricy on gun broker. $1200+. I don't see myself getting one anytime soon but wouldn't mine checking one out in person.

There no longer being imported and parts kits have dried up . I built mine for 600$ ish. Last parts kit with barrel I saw was 1k. My carbine mutt will be around the same cost.

You have to hunt down the psl parts and mix and match other parts . Rpk bulged trunnion since you will not find a psl trunnion .

There no longer being imported and parts kits have dried up . I got mine built for 600$ ish. Last parts kit with barrel I saw was 1k

You have to hunt down the psl parts and mix and match other parts . Rpk build he trunnion since you will not find a psl trunnion .

Oh wow, I didn't wasn't aware they're not being imported anymore. Good to know. Thanks.

Oh wow, I didn't wasn't aware they're not being imported anymore. Good to know. Thanks.

If you don't mind hunting down parts etc I can give your advice where to look. But you will not find a psl trunnion so you need to trim the top cover for the yugo one.

You'll have to buy one used or just hunt down the parts .

If you don't mind hunting down parts etc I can give your advice where to look. But you will not find a psl trunnion so you need to trim the top cover for the yugo one.

You'll have to buy one used or just hunt down the parts .

Oh nice, appreciate that. I thought about trying to buy/build one but I've been spending way too much money lately. So I've just been looking around to see what they go for when you can find one. This was the cheapest one on GB:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=423535237

With almost 2 days left, I'm sure that will go well over 1k.

Is that even a fair price with 2 scopes and 1 mag? Well assuming it sold for where it's at now - $855 + $45 for shipping lol.

The 1-4 and 1-8 scope are odd specs. But I only know about the stock pso scope 4x 100$ ish but a lot of the other scopes are 300-900$

I'd buy that at that price.

I've been seeing most psl 1-3 mags no scope for 1-1.5k$

The 1-4 and 1-8 scope are odd specs. But I only know about the stock pso scope 4x 100$ ish but a lot of the other scopes are 300-900$

I'd buy that at that price.

I've been seeing most psl 1-3 mags no scope for 1-1.5k$

Cool. I guess my concern with buying one online is that you don't know the condition of the bore/piston etc. Who knows if the previous owner kept it clean after shooting the corrosive rounds.

I looked at the photos in that auction a little more closely and noticed there's no import marks (Imported by CAI...etc.). So it's most likely a parts kit?

Kinda Some where manufactured from kits by company's . Not home builders.
Ohh ok. I was reading in an older thread you talked about the receivers cracking (with surplus ammo) with the ones NOT imported from Romania? So it would be kinda risky not knowing the history of this gun in the auction.

Prexis wants me to send my barrel back to him. Saying if it's just the extractor groove hell send me a replacement.
Another company offered me a free one for my problems dealing with prexis .

So what's your move gonna be? I wouldn't send that dude his junk back, he probably just wants to make it disappear.

I see. And the ones that cracked, were they with light ball ammo 147gr or the heavier stuff like 174-182 gr?

I've heard so many different things. Most of the surplus I've found is 147....
You can get adjustable gas block or make the stock one adjustable. It's the carrier hitting the rear that cracked them.

I wish I didn't love the x54R round so much lol. Now I'm wanting one of these badly. Must. Say. No.

No you don't . You really want a belt fed . If you know how to mig weld you'd probably can build it for less then a psl.......

Haha, I'm definitely no welder that's for sure.

I've just got so much x54r ammo that it only makes sense to get another rifle chambered in x54r.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom