• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PSL build starting

54r is spaced by the rim, you should be able to check gages with a micrometer.

There is also an ancient Russian proverb "to a bad dancer, even his balls are hindrance" [laugh] don't cut off your balls dude, just check gages. Have you spilled any of your blood over this PSL yet?

Yup put a drill nearly though my hand my hand swapping the mag catch . Lol

8a5ananu.jpg

Heat treated the carbine receiver . Then cooked the frog lube on so it wouldn't rust ..... Think I burnt it lol . Turned the ****er a weird gold .

[video=youtube_share;kOsFF2zFAzo]http://youtu.be/kOsFF2zFAzo[/video]
Not showing that great.

Let's see.....
1 jfc tooling marks . Batman. This it the main reason I didn't want to turn a barrel.

2 the muzzle isn't threaded . When I placed my order I told him the kit I got had a threaded muzzle . He said its a free options to have it threaded since the kits are split 50/50.

I got two options use the press on muzzle brake I got with the second kit I bought . Or drop close to 60$ for a due and thread starter. If it's not the right od for threads I'll have to drop some money for a tool that can do that or wait to assemble for some lathe time......

utyzy9ys.jpg

Got barrel pressed .
Gonna try to work on it Thursday and Friday. 50/50 if I'll get it done In time.

Looking like I'm gonna have to sand the barrel to fit every thing and clean up the gross tooling marks .
If I can get all the right drills should be able to finish it tomorrow .

I think at this point in so beaten down I don't give a **** . Emailing him today tho .

I had to remove .020 just so the hand guard retainer slid on

I just made a barrel pin and should be 99% done today . I'm gonna hold off pinning the front sight till i thread it.

I'll bring it to the shoot Saturday .

gage7uqa.jpg

Stopped after fitting the hand guard cap. Figure it was a bad idea to fire up the mill at that point. Got shit faced and woke up with it lol.

do it, ben.

do you have enough x54R? i should donate a box to the cause.

i want to see this thing chucking brass SATURDAY.

don't forget my $25.

I got like 4 or 5 boxes of wwb and PPU and bunch of surplus didn't shoot much from my last can .
Box of 7n1 and some weird green chez shit .

If I had enough mags I so would of done the event with the brass ammo . Only got 3 ten rounders so far.

carry extra rounds on your person? i'm going to have a spare chest rig you're welcome to use. you and darthrevan (sp?) can fight it out over who gets what.

the only POUCH i have however for the gear is a triple rifle triple pistol, so if darthrevan needs the gear to run the event he gets dibs on renting that from me.

Thanks I hope I don't have extraction problems. Test feeding worked ok.

I might need. New spring for the extractor . It was hit or miss when I tested it by hand . I got another bolt I can take the spring from tho .

Last edited:
Thanks I hope I don't have extraction problems. Test feeding worked ok.

I might need. New spring for the extractor . It was hit or miss when I tested it by hand . I got another bolt I can take the spring from tho .

you feed a live round?

you now know there won't be a slam fire, too. [rofl]

that ain't caused by the trigger.

end result still the same.

I meant if I pulled the trigger by mistake lol . I've not been sleeping good and been exhausted .

When I was leaving my dads I didn't even think ... This is a bad idea standing on the side of the road holding a rifle talking to my dad.

What kind of pins did you use to pin on the front site?

I didn't pin the front sight yet . Since I need to thread the muzzle .
I have the old pins from when I demilled my parts kit.

The ****er didnt thread it like I asked so I'm ordering a thread starter and die todo it my self. Once I get that I'm gonna pin the front sight .

Back
Top Bottom