Police Shoot, Kill Man During Warrant Search

lgmp0296+i-didnt-do-it-bart-simpson-the-simpsons-mini-poster.jpg

The rumor around town is the actual target was identified because he regularly left the house to conduct his "deals" in the parking lot of a nearby gas station with a camera.

Why they then thought it made sense to raid his house and kill somebody else, no clue. Me, I'd have just waited till the guy took another stroll to gas station and nab him then. But that's just me and I don't have to justify a spiffy SWAT truck battering ram...

"Among the items police seized were a plastic bag containing eight individually wrapped pieces of a rock-like substance, three knives, a razor blade with white residue on it, several cell phones, clear plastic bags with the corners cut off, "green vegetable matter," and a pill bottle containing various pills. They also seized mail addressed to "Joseph Bushfan" and miscellaneous papers."

Good thing they got this big drug dealer off the streets.

Just to play devil's advocate here, police are rarely charged with crimes for accidental shootings because they are in a profession that requires them to point a loaded gun at people sometimes. Accidents happen when you kick in a door at 3am in the hood with a pistol mounted flashlight as your only means of illumination. That in itself violates the common safety rule "never point the weapon at something you have no intention of destroying". Now you have to point the weapon at everything you want to see clearly.

If we can end the war on drugs and stop all no knock warrants with maybe the exception of armed violent suspects, this shit could be stopped. Issuing no knock warrants in order to preserve evidence (the real reason they do it for drug warrants, not officer safety) needs to be stopped. The personal safety of presumed innocents is more important than any potential evidence that might get flushed. If the evidence can be flushed in 30 seconds or less, is the case even worth all this nonsense?

Anyway, to say that the cops belong in prison for a ND is stupid considering the nature of the job. If piss poor judgement or tactics were employed, fire them or put them on a desk, but prison is way over the top. How often do civilians get charged with murder for a ND in the absence of any other criminal behaivior?

You went full retard on this post. What the hell? If a cop has an ND he should be removed from the force... period. The stakes are too high. Guess what happens if I underperform at work or break the company's Code of Business Conduct? I get fired. Giving cops a free pass is bull crap.

You went full retard on this post. What the hell? If a cop has an ND he should be removed from the force... period. The stakes are too high. Guess what happens if I underperform at work or break the company's Code of Business Conduct? I get fired. Giving cops a free pass is bull crap.

The reality is that certain "high stakes" job have no tolerance for certain kinds of errors, and an individual committing such an error will not only be fired but will become unemployable in the profession.

The best example is a pilot who has at at-fault accident with a commercial airline.

Cops *sometimes* are held accountable and it's sometimes swept under the rug. Remember the cop who accidentally used life ammo in a RI training exercise and killed another officer - the name was withheld from the public.

Doctors on the other hand are protected to a degree that is scary. Make a big mistake and, unless it's a pattern, the most you'll get is a mark on your malpractice record. When the doctor at Milford hospital got lost with the laproscope and took out a kidney instead of the gallbladder, he drew a short suspension, and a period of time when he was required to have another MD in the OR when surging, but his career remained intact - and the hospital disclosed his name only when required by legal process (same approach as the Framingham PD).

The reality is that certain "high stakes" job have no tolerance for certain kinds of errors, and an individual committing such an error will not only be fired but will become unemployable in the profession.

The best example is a pilot who has at at-fault accident with a commercial airline.

Cops *sometimes* are held accountable and it's sometimes swept under the rug. Remember the cop who accidentally used life ammo in a RI training exercise and killed another officer - the name was withheld from the public.

Doctors on the other hand are protected to a degree that is scary. Make a big mistake and, unless it's a pattern, the most you'll get is a mark on your malpractice record. When the doctor at Milford hospital got lost with the laproscope and took out a kidney instead of the gallbladder, he drew a short suspension, and a period of time when he was required to have another MD in the OR when surging, but his career remained intact - and the hospital disclosed his name only when required by legal process (same approach as the Framingham PD).

... And how many cops do you there there would be if they had to go to school for 8-10 years and pick up the same malpractice insurance as doctors (on their own dime, not taxpayers)?
If a doctor blatantly screws up with pure negligence, he is in a world of schumer. Often it is the process that is the cause of the error, not the doctor.
Fix the process and you mitigate (not eliminate, of course) the issue. Fix how doctors receive and verify their info, less surgical errors. Stop un-needed no-knock raids and military tactics by police, less stuff like this goes on.

"Among the items police seized were a plastic bag containing eight individually wrapped pieces of a rock-like substance, three knives, a razor blade with white residue on it, several cell phones, clear plastic bags with the corners cut off, ]"green vegetable matter," and a pill bottle containing various pills."

Being the boring, squeaky-clean non-druggie that I am, I have no clue why this is even mentioned. Can anyone explain to me the significance of the plastic bags with the corners cut off?

Being the boring, squeaky-clean non-druggie that I am, I have no clue why this is even mentioned. Can anyone explain to me the significance of the plastic bags with the corners cut off?

I don't know either, but I know that's what my wife uses to frost a cake. Cuts the corner off a baggy and fills it with frosting, works great for writing on a cake.

Drug dealers will put drugs into the corners of plastic bags, stretch the plastic, knot it then tie it off. It's how they sometimes package their drugs.

I guess finding a bunch of bags sans corners is evidence of drug dealing.

The rumor around town is the actual target was identified because he regularly left the house to conduct his "deals" in the parking lot of a nearby gas station with a camera.

Why they then thought it made sense to raid his house and kill somebody else, no clue. Me, I'd have just waited till the guy took another stroll to gas station and nab him then. But that's just me and I don't have to justify a spiffy SWAT truck battering ram...

Well... That's not how they do it in the movies!!

Equal opportunity swat team coming to a house near you... [thinking]

I don't know either, but I know that's what my wife uses to frost a cake. Cuts the corner off a baggy and fills it with frosting, works great for writing on a cake.

Felony cake-decorating? What's the penalty for that? (Gaining weight?)

Drug dealers will put drugs into the corners of plastic bags, stretch the plastic, knot it then tie it off. It's how they sometimes package their drugs.

I guess finding a bunch of bags sans corners is evidence of drug dealing.

Or evidence of felony cake-decorating, I guess... Thanks, Mr Weebles. I was wondering.

Cases like these is the very reason the 2A exists. And why it is so important to have weapons equal to the governement

Exactly. What needs to happen is these raids need to be taken out by justified force from homeowners defending themselves. If it keeps happening it will stop. For all of those who might say "but the cops won't make it home ok", well they signed up to enforce these ridiculous laws.

Dude try reading my post before. You call it retarded. Everything you just said was in agreement with my post.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

All powdered drugs and sometimes small amounts of pot are packaged in baggies corners for resale except for very large or very small amounts. Large amounts are normally wrapped in cellophane in bricks and very small amounts are sold in folded paper or vials.

All powdered drugs and sometimes small amounts of pot are packaged in baggies corners for resale except for very large or very small amounts. Large amounts are normally wrapped in cellophane in bricks and very small amounts are sold in folded paper or vials.

Your Avatar creeps me out. It is the exact opposite of Your username.

I do not know what you people are bitching about. SWAT had to shoot something and there was no dog to shoot. [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom