Police Shoot, Kill Man During Warrant Search

"During the execution of the search warrant, initial reports indicate that a bullet was discharged from the Framingham Police Department issued weapon of a Framingham SWAT Team member and struck one of the residents, Eurie Stamp, 68."

Does not compute.

When it is written like "a bullet was discharged", I see it as an attempt to remove responsibility from the shooter.

It would be different if written like "Person X fired one shot at Person Y"

Have we won the war on drugs yet?

This smells bad, but I'm not sure of the circumstances.

It was a narco warrant.... how much you want to bet it was a no-knock?

Maybe this guy was like the dad/grandparent/relative of one of the guys that was arrested?

This would really suck if it was just a homeowner who unwittingly had a couple of drug dealers in his house, and thought his house was being invaded, and got gunned down because of the nature of the warrant....

This will be interesting when the dust settles.

-Mike

IF initial reports turn out to be true...

Drug dealer dead = money saved by the taxpayers.

The article doesn't say whether drugs were found, only that someone was killed by a bullet that was discharged by a gun that was held by a Framingham SWAT member.

The article doesn't say whether drugs were found, only that someone was killed by a bullet that was discharged by a gun that was held by a Framingham SWAT member.

Admittingly, I didn't look at the link posted here, but I did see the story somewhere else and it leads me to assume...

Framingham police detectives and members of the Framingham Police SWAT Team were at 26 Fountain St. at about 12:30 a.m. this morning to execute a search warrant that was issued for narcotic offenses, the DA’s office said in a statement.

During the execution of the search warrant, initial reports indicate that a bullet was discharged from the Framingham Police Department-issued weapon of a Framingham SWAT Team member that struck one of the residents, the statement said. The resident, 68-year-old Eurie Stamp, was taken to Metro West Medical Center, where he was later pronounced dead.

Two men, Joseph Bushfan and Devon Talbert, both 20, were arrested at the scene on charges of possession with intent to distribute a class B drug and drug violation in a school zone. They will be arraigned in Framingham District Court today, the DA's office said.

http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/framingham/2011/01/man_68_is_fatally_shot_in_fram.html

This smells bad, but I'm not sure of the circumstances.

It was a narco warrant.... how much you want to bet it was a no-knock?

Maybe this guy was like the dad/grandparent/relative of one of the guys that was arrested?

This would really suck if it was just a homeowner who unwittingly had a couple of drug dealers in his house, and thought his house was being invaded, and got gunned down because of the nature of the warrant....

-Mike

Yeah, Mike. That was my first thought too. We will see what develops.

Admittingly, I didn't look at the link posted here, but I did see the story somewhere else and it leads me to assume...

So you read that story and assumed that the dead 68 year old was the drug dealer, and that this was a good example of justice being carried out for a drug offense?

What will develop? They killed a 68 year old man, there might be administrative (paid) leave, but that's about it. I doubt there will be criminal charges.

(assuming your assertion is correct here, momentarily.... )

Yes, so tomorrow another dealer will replace him or acquire his customer base. Hooray! We're winning the war on drugs! [thinking]

As long as government regulation is present, and there is sufficient demand for illegal drugs, there will always be drug dealers. The profits are too great for them not to exist.

Ironically enough drug enforcement actually creates incentives for more people to sell drugs, because it drives up the profit margins- and the enforcement is never effective enough in trying to make the product so hard to obtain that it actually deters people from using it.

Take a country like Singapore... where they basically blow your brains out if they find you with drugs... and they still have a drug problem. If that isn't a deterrent, then what is?

-Mike

Last edited:
One time, in a dream, a bullet escaped from the muzzle of a gun that my father's brother's nephew was holding, and the bullet hit a tree that was being held by someone. The cops came and arrested the bullet. I had a lot of burritos that night.

So you read that story and assumed that the dead 68 year old was the drug dealer, and that this was a good example of justice being carried out for a drug offense?

and it leads me to assume...

Yeah, like I said.

Here we go,, all the cop bashing weirdo's around here wearing their tinfoil hats are now gonna stick up for the drug dealer in living in school zone, oh what nice folks.

Some of you folks crack me up,, but, I know it's me I'm all effed up. HAHA

Yeah, like I said.

Here we go,, all the cop bashing weirdo's around here wearing their tinfoil hats are now gonna stick up for the drug dealer in living in school zone, oh what nice folks.

Wookie, I'm not a cop basher. I have family that work as LEOs. But, I think you might have a tendency to jump to judgement. The sane thing is to wait 'til the smoke clears. Read Dr. Grant's post, above.

Wookie, I'm not a cop basher. I have family that work as LEOs. But, I think you might have a tendency to jump to judgement. The sane thing is to wait 'til the smoke clears. Read Dr. Grant's post, above.

I did jump to judgement, yes, of course I did.

Didn't I say.... I assumed -- isn't that the same thing as a rushing to judgement?

What is your point then? [hmmm]

I assumed he's a dirt dag drug dealing thug and it was a good shoot which will save taxpayers from having to foot the bill on his worthless piece of trash; however, others assume the cops are guilty of some wrong doing. All parties are assuming, right?

I wonder at the cost difference between bringing a drug dealing dirt bag to justice compared to the cost of compensating a family for murder by a govt. body.

Yeah, like I said.

Cop bashing weirdos? It sounds like you need to dial back the assumptions. I come from an LEO family and I'm not anti-cop by most definitions.

And the only way I see this is a "good shoot" is if the officer feared for, or was defending, his own life or the lives of his fellow officers. The fact that someone's a suspected or alleged drug dealer doesn't warrant a death sentence on its own.

I wonder at the cost difference between bringing a drug dealing dirt bag to justice compared to the cost of compensating a family for murder by a govt. body.

I defninately would not call this murder. Accidental? Possibly, Civilly responsibility? Possibly. But MURDER?
I don't know what happenned in this case, but I will let the smoke clear before I postulate, speculate or conject.

Dave

So SWAT shows up in the dead of night, most likely with a no-knock warrant, and shoots a 68 year old because someone in the house was allegedly selling cough medicine? This one has stink all over it.

Ok, fair enough, there is no proof that the gun didn't just go off on its own after randomly swinging around to movement. Fair enough, it's SWAT afterall, and things happen that you can't train for.

Let's amend murder to manslaughter (which includes criminal negligence).

"During the execution of the search warrant, initial reports indicate that a bullet was discharged from the Framingham Police Department issued weapon of a Framingham SWAT Team member and struck one of the residents, Eurie Stamp, 68."

Does not compute.

Those are the reporters words.

-Mike

Not really. The cops can come into your house on bad information obtained through sloppy work, kill you and your dogs and traumatize your family for life and it's just another day in the park. How many SWAT guys who kill someone through pure negligence are in jail for manslaughter? ...That's what I thought.

Well, the good news is that there will be no more illegal drugs in Framingham.

I was at the range recently and noticed bullets being discharged from my rifle. It seemed odd, and I felt somehow responsible for it, but it just kept happening until I packed up and came home. Life is puzzling sometimes.

Hooray! Another victory in the War on Drugs!

It's been 40 years since it was started and it's only cost around $40 Billion so far ... at this rate we'll win it in no time!

Not really. The cops can come into your house on bad information obtained through sloppy work, kill you and your dogs and traumatize your family for life and it's just another day in the park. How many SWAT guys who kill someone through pure negligence are in jail for manslaughter? ...That's what I thought.

[sarcasm]and you have a problem with this how? You must need more kool aid, it's for the childern[/sarcasm]

Back
Top Bottom