On CNN now, decent 2a debate

This host is VERY anti gun. I watched him while he was on site and was baad.

I hate when cops talk about "vetting" It pisses me off so much. Of course you need to vet a cop more because he is going to be put into high stress situations daily, with shoot to kill authority potentially every day.

Last edited:
Meh, at least he's giving it a chance. Hopefully this guy retorts that yes guns do in fact make it easier to kill people, but the VT shooter used 2 handguns with 10 round mags. And guns themselves aren't going anywhere.

Mike

For the one that happened the same day as sandy hook(maybe the day before, not sure what day it was china time) I don't think anyone died. There have been several previous ones where several children were killed.

Nobody here will disagree that guns make it easier to kill in less time. That is, afterall, why we own them for self defense. The question is whether arbitrarily defined "assault weapons" are more dangerous, and I would argue they are not. In any "massacre" scenario it won't make a difference what gun is used. Case and point Virginia Tech. 10 round magazines take a half second to change out between them, the extra 2-3 rounds (generally) only makes a difference for the law abiding gun owner who isn't carrying a chest rig of 10 round mags on him or her.

Mike

hey, Zappa, more commercials than Sons of Anarchy, wouldnt you say?[thinking][laugh]

It's friggin' brutal.
11 minutes of content and 49 minutes of commercials.

Here we go, blame the white guys.
What about Major Hassan and the Fort Hood massacre ??
Oh yeah, that's right, he wasn't white so that was classified as "workplace violence" and not a mass murder by a psycho. [rolleyes]

It's friggin' brutal.
11 minutes of content and 49 minutes of commercials.

The host went commercial free for the first 10mins. He said the conversation was too hot to break.

The Pro gun guy was a moron.
He definitely didn't finish strong. His opening was decent. When proposed by the host that everything has to be on the table backed him into a corner. Easy to impose your will being the host...

Way past the bedtime for the old dude from Chicopee!

Way past the bedtime for the old dude from Chicopee!

Yeah, he couldn't wrap his head around the staggering number of these rifles that are already out there in circulation.
He said "tens of thousands" and didn't believe the other guy who corrected him saying "tens of millions" [laugh]

Nobody here will disagree that guns make it easier to kill in less time. That is, afterall, why we own them for self defense. The question is whether arbitrarily defined "assault weapons" are more dangerous, and I would argue they are not. In any "massacre" scenario it won't make a difference what gun is used. Case and point Virginia Tech. 10 round magazines take a half second to change out between them, the extra 2-3 rounds (generally) only makes a difference for the law abiding gun owner who isn't carrying a chest rig of 10 round mags on him or her.

Mike

I think it would be easier to use fertilizer and diesel fuel.

Back
Top Bottom