Nuts, pushing the limit, or exercising 2A ?

Then fire up your (royal you) brain and think about your actions.

Everyone complains about the firearms community being severely disjointed. This highlights it perfectly. We need to push as a community and be smart, but instead everyone reverts to "me me me".......can't have it both ways.
It's hard for libertarians to not be disjointed. Unlike liberals or conservatives, we don't want to tell people what to do, we don't want to be told what to do. Makes it hard for leaders to emerge, whereas both liberals and conservatives flock around charisma (more or less)

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

It's hard for libertarians to not be disjointed. Unlike liberals or conservatives, we don't want to tell people what to do, we don't want to be told what to do. Makes it hard for leaders to emerge, whereas both liberals and conservatives flock around charisma (more or less)

And I understand that, however, it isn't "telling people what to do" really, is highlighting that what is currently being done isn't really working and that a different approach is necessary. Being an individualist, in my opinion, doesn't negate the need to think and actually analyze what needs to be done to make progress, yet thats what many would have you believe. Being a libertarian is actually requires a higher level of critical thinking than many self professed libertarians realize.

Also, libertarians are not the same group as gun owners, and vice versa. They aren't interchangeable. Plenty from other political viewpoints share respect for firearms.

And I understand that, however, it isn't "telling people what to do" really, is highlighting that what is currently being done isn't really working and that a different approach is necessary. Being an individualist, in my opinion, doesn't negate the need to think and actually analyze what needs to be done to make progress, yet thats what many would have you believe. Being a libertarian is actually requires a higher level of critical thinking than many self professed libertarians realize.

Also, libertarians are not the same group as gun owners, and vice versa. They aren't interchangeable. Plenty from other political viewpoints share respect for firearms.

It is for the gun-on-the-porch guy. No issues with Five-O.

It difficult to get people to see beyond their own immediate environment. How many people in Mass do anything more than shake their heads at the "No HP Ammo" rule in NJ?

It is for the gun-on-the-porch guy. No issues with Five-O.

It difficult to get people to see beyond their own immediate environment. How many people in Mass do anything more than shake their heads at the "No HP Ammo" rule in NJ?

Yes, for the second time in this thread. In one instance it is, but in many more, it is not.

Everyone complains about the firearms community being severely disjointed. This highlights it perfectly. We need to push as a community and be smart, but instead everyone reverts to "me me me".......can't have it both ways.

IDGAF about this "community" being disjointed, in fact the posts in this thread leads me to think maybe it aught to be.

We aren't talking about a model rocket club or a Sunday cup racing circuit arguing over by-laws, we are talking about the Second Amendment and a guy who broke no laws while standing on his own property well within his own rights. Most in this thread are yammering on about what he should or should not do while legally exercising his right on his property. Amazing.

Last edited:

There is only one way. Is it legal ? ( it is ) then he's done nothing wrong.

Seems that the disagreements are over completely different issues. Yes, it's legal and why not, cuz it's legal. In theory, that's true. In reality, some situations exhibit poor judgement and it simply looks weird to stake out your lawn like that guy did unless there is an active threat, a la Roof Korean. Good that the po-po did not go FR, but such behavior leaves them no choice but to at least check it out. There would be calls if the dude had a big knife or axe and sat there in the same manner.

There are many scenarios that are legal and harmless, but simply poor judgement. Try standing in front of and facing the entrance to a girls locker room with a big video camera that isn't even on. No harm done but creepy and will certainly be checked out by security or the police. Why not stand on the court house steps with a can of gasoline and a box of matches? It's all legal, so why not? In both of these goofy examples, the 'tools' are out of place. There's no context to exhibit a 'positive' use; which is what gets people all lathered up.

There is only one way. Is it legal ? ( it is ) then he's done nothing wrong.

I don't disagree that he has done nothing wrong from a legal perspective. But not everyone operates with that being the rule of whether he has done anything "wrong" or not, particularly on the anti side. Ignore that, and you're in for a bad time.

We are on the precipice of huge social, political, financial change in this country, this world.

This guy doesn't bother me. Why should he? I've got bigger things to worry about...

main_900.jpg

Last edited:
I don't disagree that he has done nothing wrong from a legal perspective. But not everyone operates with that being the rule of whether he has done anything "wrong" or not, particularly on the anti side. Ignore that, and you're in for a bad time.

Roll over for the antis and things dont go well for us either, I stand by my statement.

Of course he wouldn't do it. No would I, nor would anyone else here who lives in MA. We'd get swatted and have our licenses pulled for being "unsuitable" instantly.

This "incident" occurred in Kansas, which by any measure is one of the freest places in the country for 2A rights. The fact that some dude sat on his porch in Kansas with an ak and didn't do anything with it does not "make us look bad". News flash. We already look bad to the antis. In the minds of our opposition we are already evil psychopaths just for having guns. There is no damage control to be done. The left have drawn their battle lines and dug in for the fight. No amount of reason, evidence and good behavior on our part will change their perceptions and delusions. So **** em.

I hope Kansas man continues to sit on his porch with his rifle pointed in a safe direction and a smile on his face while all the moonbats continue to lose their shit over nothing.

He either has the RTKBA or he hasn't. It's his house, and I support his right to do whatever the fugg he wants. Other's right to feel peachy does not supersede his 2A rights. Oh, wait, there's no such thing as a right to feel nice and fuzzy. And who are you guys to tell what kind of support the 2A does or doesn't need? Next thing you know, it'll be "people saying XYZ " are not helping the 1st A. Constitutional rights shouldn't need any "help".

If you think dictating how law abiding citizens should act is strategic, you own every bit of the issue.

Dictate? hardly. Pointing out that people like you who try the same thing over and over with nothing to show for it, is more like it.

You have zero concept of strategy, as highlighted by your ignorance and inability to think past your body's natural functions. Again, your problem, not mine, but dont complain about a lack of progress until you actually try to think out what might be a better option. You are treating this as either/or situation. IT ISNT. Get that through your head.

You guys are so cute. You actually think you have a right to keep and bear arms ? We lost that one years ago.

This is so true. Needing the permission of the state to exercise our rights, means we do not have them in the first place. And what is worse, is that the almighty state can take away that "right" at any time for any reason.

Lots of legal, rightful things don't please me. That's the point of rights.

Also, we are mostly losing because fewer and fewer people believe in rights at all, on either side. Conservatives and liberals both want to use government to regulate behavior.

How is it we are losing? It appears to me we are better off each passing year. More and more states are relaxing gun laws just not your state. So don't like pandering GTFO

Thats awsome, I've only ever seen them carraied that way while repelling.
I think the dog is more bad ass than the operater though.
Cant wait to see attack dogs with freaking laser beams attached to their head...that or raptors

...and rocket engines on their backs!

Once again, read it slowly. He was perfectly legal, its his right and he exercised his right. The "strategy" you speak of has been tried by the NRA for many years and it amounted to jack. Liberal antis don't give us extra credit for pissing down our own legs . The law is the law and anyone who can't deal with that its their problem not mine.

]

'

How is it we are losing? It appears to me we are better off each passing year. More and more states are relaxing gun laws just not your state. So don't like pandering GTFO
Look at what is being done by federal bureaucracies, things like itar, restrictions on import, export, and manufacture. Maybe my tin foil is too tight, but it seems to me that the framework for much larger restrictions is being set up and not being dismantled. Dealer background checks should have removed the restriction on out of state handgun sales. It didn't. There is a ratchet effect occurring

this thread is perfect for identifying nes members who support common sense
gun control.

Read thru and witness all the selfish remarks. everyone concerned for
themselves. dont see the big picture. without loons like these probing the front lines the next thing your gonna see is the smelting truck...

Back
Top Bottom