Nuts, pushing the limit, or exercising 2A ?

Yeah but 2A, he's just exercising his rights! [rolleyes]

Agreed- we don't need that type of publicity. I thought some of the OC Texas boobs were doing harm to the cause as well. Idiots walking around carrying AR's and AK's, with poor trigger discipline.

- - - Updated - - -

Attention whore.

Yep!

if he is exercising his right within the law how is that pushing the limit? It's his right. Who cares. As long as he is using safe handling procedure and not sweeping anyone So what...Sheep will be sheep...

if he is exercising his right within the law how is that pushing the limit? It's his right. Who cares. As long as he is using safe handling procedure and not sweeping anyone So what...Sheep will be sheep...

You should care as a gun owner. Irresponsible behavior, legal or not, can be used as ammo against our cause. This doesn't mean you support any sort of government action against him, but you are safe to acknowledge him as a retard looking for his 15 minutes.

Mike

You should care as a gun owner. Irresponsible behavior, legal or not, can be used as ammo against our cause. This doesn't mean you support any sort of government action against him, but you are safe to acknowledge him as a retard looking for his 15 minutes.

Mike

Not sure how legally carrying a firearm is irresponsible behavior or him looking for his 15 minutes. Sheep report every little thing that scares them. This country is already in FR mode. If more people like this guy carry then maybe everyone will start to get used to it and report it less. Why should we have to hide? Makes no sense.

Not sure how legally carrying a firearm is irresponsible behavior or him looking for his 15 minutes. Sheep report every little thing that scares them. This country is already in FR mode. If more people like this guy carry then maybe everyone will start to get used to it and report it less. Why should we have to hide? Makes no sense.

This is why I think that more open carry (starting with handguns) could be a very good thing. People don't freak out over cops carrying guns. People shouldn't freak out about the rest of us carrying guns either.

thats a great sentiment and all, but his, or yours, or anyone else's actions do NOT exist in a vacuum.

thats a great sentiment and all, but his, or yours, or anyone else's actions do NOT exist in a vacuum.

Very true...But we are the way we are because we never push back. Then when someone does not even gun owners support the action. Maybe the rifle is a little extreme. But still within his rights. Would this even be a story if it were a sidearm? And if so, how would gun owners feel then? Would we still be telling him to hide?

Very true...But we are the way we are because we never push back. Then when someone does not even gun owners support the action. Maybe the rifle is a little extreme. But still within his rights. Would this even be a story if it were a sidearm? And if so, how would gun owners feel then? Would we still be telling him to hide?

Of course I support his rights, but he's not being especially smart. Would you do it? Seriously, would you?

Is it lawful?

Apparently.

Is it a bad idea?

Probably.

Of course, the same can be (and has been) said of: OC of a handgun; printing while CCing; and walking down a road with an unloaded shotgun (per hunting regs) while wearing camo.

We see this through M******* eyes, and perceive it as lunacy. Based on the response of the authorities local to the event, it's no big deal, there. Except now the guy has to guard against the dude that wants to engage in a knife fight [rolleyes]

Of course I support his rights, but he's not being especially smart. Would you do it? Seriously, would you?

Of course he wouldn't do it. No would I, nor would anyone else here who lives in MA. We'd get swatted and have our licenses pulled for being "unsuitable" instantly.

This "incident" occurred in Kansas, which by any measure is one of the freest places in the country for 2A rights. The fact that some dude sat on his porch in Kansas with an ak and didn't do anything with it does not "make us look bad". News flash. We already look bad to the antis. In the minds of our opposition we are already evil psychopaths just for having guns. There is no damage control to be done. The left have drawn their battle lines and dug in for the fight. No amount of reason, evidence and good behavior on our part will change their perceptions and delusions. So **** em.

I hope Kansas man continues to sit on his porch with his rifle pointed in a safe direction and a smile on his face while all the moonbats continue to lose their shit over nothing.

meaningless. he did nothing other than exercise his rights. one cannot be guilty simply for displaying or owning a firearm. unless he is brandishing or threatening someone, he has done nothing wrong. also who is to say he isn't just protecting the school?

There's a pre-school next to my house...so im forbidden from being seen on my property with a gun?

If this guy was doing it for a reaction he may or may not be a dick.. all i see is the photo of nothing and its basically non news since nothing happened

Im usually trying to avoid people see me with firearms, but thats basically impossible.

This is why I think that more open carry (starting with handguns) could be a very good thing. People don't freak out over cops carrying guns. People shouldn't freak out about the rest of us carrying guns either.

Agreed. If open carry was possible I would totally do it. That would show people that these are just objects and that someone bad has to use them to cause harm. They don't just magically spit bullets at people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course he wouldn't do it. No would I, nor would anyone else here who lives in MA. We'd get swatted and have our licenses pulled for being "unsuitable" instantly.

This "incident" occurred in Kansas, which by any measure is one of the freest places in the country for 2A rights. The fact that some dude sat on his porch in Kansas with an ak and didn't do anything with it does not "make us look bad". News flash. We already look bad to the antis. In the minds of our opposition we are already evil psychopaths just for having guns. There is no damage control to be done. The left have drawn their battle lines and dug in for the fight. No amount of reason, evidence and good behavior on our part will change their perceptions and delusions. So **** em.

I hope Kansas man continues to sit on his porch with his rifle pointed in a safe direction and a smile on his face while all the moonbats continue to lose their shit over nothing.

Peicemaker summed it up nicely. Of course me being in Mass this is a no-no. Heck, I back my car into the garage to load my stuff for the range. Talk about paranoid....lol
But in a free state I would openly exercise my rights as I think most here would.

Would you say the same thing if somebody burned the American flag at the funeral of a soldier ?

Tucker-108679_zpssnulzdrn.jpg

Remember, open carry of long guns in CA was lost because it was exercised as a political statement. Ditto, years later, for open carry of unloaded handguns in CA.

Remember, open carry of long guns in CA was lost because it was exercised as a political statement. Ditto, years later, for open carry of unloaded handguns in CA.

if open carrying prompts legislation to withdraw a fundamental right of the people, then I would say such fundamental right has already been lost and just matter of time.

if open carrying prompts legislation to withdraw a fundamental right of the people, then I would say such fundamental right has already been lost and just matter of time.
In the CA case, the legislature discovered that open carry of long guns included the Black Panthers.

I believe it was black people excersising their rights that put an end to open carry..while the panthers were alittle beligerent, they were just exploring and discovering theirs rights.. and rights are dangerous, freedom always is.

Exercising a right doesn't automatically equate to being smart, a good idea, or being in good taste. I.E. The example someone brought up of burning a flag at a soldier's funeral. Their right but they are still a d-bag.

If he wants to sit on his porch with a rifle across a school go for it. Doesn't mean it's a good idea. Guy looking to make waves.

I'm all for push back, but I think it has to be far more strategic than this

One things for certain... he won't be getting any 'Trick or Treaters' coming round his place next Halloween.

well, if people are gonna park in his driveway....WHAT DO YOU EXPECT him to do??? [smile]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom