NRA Florida Lobbyist Marion Hammer: Non-Approved Board Candidates Are “The Enemy Within”

Residence isn't a right, life is. Self defense is a core tenet of a person's right to live. It doesn't matter where they are from or what walk of life, they still have a right to live.

If you do not consider someone capable, trustworthy, or "American" enough to own a gun then your argument should be to remove them from society entirely but I am unable to follow the logic of such an argument.

There is a perception that if illegals are granted citizenship, they will vote overwhelmingly in favor of candidates who think there are 9 amendments in the bill of rights.

Rob, that one I understand. I was curious why denying illegals some rights (2A, for example), is a bad thing.

Residence isn't a right, life is. Self defense is a core tenet of a person's right to live. It doesn't matter where they are from or what walk of life, they still have a right to live.

If you do not consider someone capable, trustworthy, or "American" enough to own a gun then your argument should be to remove them from society entirely but I am unable to follow the logic of such an argument.

Yeah, I do believe that there are some people that should not have the right to own a firearm AND those people should be removed from the society. I am not sure if I could follow the opposite logic?

Yeah, I do believe that there are some people that should not have the right to own a firearm AND those people should be removed from the society. I am not sure if I could follow the opposite logic?

The opposite logic is that everyone has a right to live independent of where they were born or who their parents were.

I just sent in my NRA ballot. Except for Golob (whom I have known for decades), I voted only for non-nominating committee candidates.

The committee process keeps existing directors in line. Rock the boat; discuss the $450Kish salaries at the top, suggest getting rid of the nominating committee process, or do anything suggesting you actually have a role as a director and you're not going to get that necessary to be elected recommendation. The number of directors is also kept high enough that even if one independent thinker is elected, (s)he cannot do any damage (ie, effect any change) before being expelled by the politburo (nominating committee).

It's a perfect example of "If voting were effective it owuld have been outlawed many years ago".

That entire blog post and the attached comment is about perception. There are no concrete statistics, facts, or analysis there whatsoever.

Did you read this part: The fastest-growing minority group in America is Latinos. Between 2000 and 2010, the nation’s Latino population grew by 43 percent. Hispanics, which make up 17 percent of the population today, are expected to grow to 30 percent of the population in the coming decades. Gun control is extremely popular among Hispanics, with 75 percent favoring gun safety over gun rights. Asian Americans also represent a growing anti-gun demographic. Although only about 5 percent of the population today, the Asian American population is predicted to triple over the next few decades. A recent poll of Asian American registered voters found that 80 percent supported stricter gun laws.
I find his blog to use lots of facts and not feelings about what's right and wrong and what makes one feel good but what actually is really happening. All you have to do is look at Calif., Ma. etc. and you can see who gets elected and what they support and it's not the 2A.

What I see are a large number of unattributed numbers not facts. Those numbers do not align with widely available statistics.

I would not call what that blog displays "facts". The gun control debate amongst Hispanics is much more clouded than you perceive.

Chapter 2: Latinos’ Views on Selected 2014 Ballot Measure Issues

PH-2014-10-latino-voters-2014-midterm-election-02-02.png

The opposite logic is that everyone has a right to live independent of where they were born or who their parents were.

I will point out that my statement has nothing to do with place of birth or parents.

There's a certain segment of population, that has the rights revoked, sometimes permanently. Generally, that segment is kept within concrete walls and barbed wire. Also, those rights include not only 2A, but a lot of other things. The same applies to non-citizens, as they don't have the right to vote and being elected.

I just sent in my NRA ballot. Except for Golob (whom I have known for decades), I voted only for non-nominating committee candidates.

The committee process keeps existing directors in line. Rock the boat; discuss the $450Kish salaries at the top, suggest getting rid of the nominating committee process, or do anything suggesting you actually have a role as a director and you're not going to get that necessary to be elected recommendation. The number of directors is also kept high enough that even if one independent thinker is elected, (s)he cannot do any damage (ie, effect any change) before being expelled by the politburo (nominating committee).

It's a perfect example of "If voting were effective it owuld have been outlawed many years ago".

I did vote for Golob and the guy, who is, practically, pulling "Trump" for NRA election. Let`s see if the movement gets enough momentum.

Right to vote?
Right to be elected?
Ehm, right to be in US?

Show me anywhere that The Constitution says you have a right to vote. Spoiler: It doesn't. It's unconstitutional to *deny* voting based on a bunch of things, but there's nothing that says an individual has any right to vote.

Likewise with being elected to office. The Constitution is quite clear on the requirements.

And there's no right to be in the US.

Right. People who are dangerous and who have already broken the social contract (e.g. committed violent crime) should be removed from society and put in prison. When they're no longer a threat they should be released from prison and be free like everyone else. It's absurd to say, someone is "kinda safe" or "safe enough", but not really safe enough to be a free person.

Even talking about "the opposite" doesn't really make sense, because the opposite of most statements is absurd. Logic doesn't generally work that way. for instance: "all whales live in the ocean." The opposite is "all not whales don't live in the ocean" That's nonsense because fish.

So, if you're going to talk about the opposite of something, it's way better to start with a clean statement: "Everyone in the US has a right to self defense" or "not everyone in the US has a right to self defense." or something else with a clear meaning.

OK, we are shifting from "conversational" use of "logic" to more formal.

The statement "Everyone in the US has a right to self defense" is irrelevant to the statement "Everyone has the right to possess a firearm". And we already agreed that the second statement is false.

What I see are a large number of unattributed numbers not facts. Those numbers do not align with widely available statistics.

I would not call what that blog displays "facts". The gun control debate amongst Hispanics is much more clouded than you perceive.

Chapter 2: Latinos’ Views on Selected 2014 Ballot Measure Issues

PH-2014-10-latino-voters-2014-midterm-election-02-02.png

This says otherwise and the results in states that have high populations of immigrants from certain demographics says otherwise too. Changing Demographics Add Further Evidence of Greatest Threat to Gun Owner Rights
I recommend reading this article and clicking on and reading the links too.

lmfao
I read it. Still looking for the facts. All it does is reference excerpts from media sources. Hell, the one credible source it references links back to Pew, which contains statistics that contradict the very argument the story is trying to make. wtf dude? Do you even read the stuff before you post it?

Minorities and women are the two fast growing segment of the gun rights population.
Why Are More African-American Women in Texas Taking Out Gun Permits?
Good News: Gun Ownership and CCP’s Up among Women and Minorities - USA Carry
Concealed Carry Permit Holders Across the United States: 2016 by John R. Lott :: SSRN
The age of Trump is producing more black gun owners
In 2017 women and minorities are buying guns. Here's why

And if you look at the demographics, those populations are where we can have the most effect. Seriously, this is basic math: If you want RTKBA to be around in ten years, these are the people we need to connect with NOT demonize and scare away.
1. The demographics of gun ownership

lmfao
I read it. Still looking for the facts. All it does is reference excerpts from media sources. Hell, the one credible source it references links back to Pew, which contains statistics that contradict the very argument the story is trying to make. wtf dude? Do you even read the stuff before you post it?

Minorities and women are the two fast growing segment of the gun rights population.
Why Are More African-American Women in Texas Taking Out Gun Permits?
Good News: Gun Ownership and CCP’s Up among Women and Minorities - USA Carry
Concealed Carry Permit Holders Across the United States: 2016 by John R. Lott :: SSRN
The age of Trump is producing more black gun owners
In 2017 women and minorities are buying guns. Here's why

And if you look at the demographics, those populations are where we can have the most effect. Seriously, this is basic math: If you want RTKBA to be around in ten years, these are the people we need to connect with NOT demonize and scare away.
1. The demographics of gun ownership
The poll that you posted by PEW doesn't contradict it, in fact the title says "Hispanic registered voters prefer gun control over protecting gun ownership". The foreign born it shows an overwhelming majority support gun control. To ignore that fact is foolish. Now if we can get them on our side great but probably not enough, soon enough to keep the 2A and flooding the country with illegal immigrants won't help.
Just because there are more black and minority gun owners doesn't mean they support the 2A. We have many gun owners of all races that support gun control. Owning a gun doesn't necessarily mean that you don't support gun control. There are many gun owners that claim they support the 2A BUT and when they put but after it you know that they really don't. What party do the majority of these people vote for and what is the platform of that party? Stating the real possibility of what can happen in regards to the 2A is not demonizing them it's stating something that people should be aware of and should work towards converting enough to keep the negative impact from happening. Do you think that can be done soon enough especially if democrats regain control?

2018 Petition Candidate for NRA Board of Directors

xP6aA2dl.jpg

MR. MARK HUMPHREVILLE

AIKEN, SOUTH CAROLINA

NRA Benefactor. Certified Aberdeen Proving Ground Small Arms Test Director. The Commandant USMC recognized him for “exceptional performance” for his Technical Feasibility Testing that fielded the M16A2 Rifle. The Army Materials Systems Analysis Activity selected him to conduct the accuracy dispersion validation of the first AK74 acquired by the U.S. The Army Armament Research and Development Commanding General awarded him a Commendation for his work on the Dover Devil Machinegun program. He provided firearms consultations for the U.S. Border Patrol, Immigration & Naturalization Service, Defense Criminal Investigative Service, Federal Law Enforcement Training Center. A former member Interagency Advisory Committee on Security Equipment: Washington and the International Wound Ballistics Association. He provided sworn public corruption witness testimony before the House Ways and Means Subcommittee on Oversight. Supporter of NRA’s “national concealed carry” plan. President’s 100, Double Distinguished, campaign volunteer for pro-gun candidates, fire/rescue volunteer, Eagle Scout, Shriner.

View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3vWwz0ljvP5VjljX29UQnY1TzA/view?usp=sharing

Sorry this is my first post but I just found this site looking for something else. This is my picture and bio. I worked at Picatinny Arsenal, Dover, NJ at the Army Small Cal Weapons Lab and while there , lived in Milford, PA and went to matches at Camp Smith in late79-81 and Blue Trail Range. Dave Lyman and I were good friends. Then I was asked to come to Aberdeen Proving Ground where I got certified as a Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director and conducted the above testing while there.

de AC4HT

Last edited:
Mr . Humpherville - I have already cast my vote, however, if you did not have "nominating committee endorsed", you can be assured that I cast a vote for you.

Mr. Humpherville, you're a little late to be campaigning as most of us have mailed our ballots already. I do have a question though, do you agree with Marion Hammer's comments from the link in the op?

Rob, thanks much. I was not endorsed. Guess I am part of the terrible ones????

Heathen do you mean the one right over her picture or about a bump stock being a MG? Or the one about outsiders being bad for NRA?

I meant about the non approved candidates but the bump stocks and "dissident member" comments I wouldn't mind seeing your opinion on.

Back
Top Bottom