• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA Florida Lobbyist Marion Hammer: Non-Approved Board Candidates Are “The Enemy Within”

I was working on a list for everyone who's up for reelection this year that included background information, twitter and facebook accounts, and attendance at NRA meetings.

A good 1/3 to 1/4 of the members up for reelection look completely useless.

The problem with that chart is if you miss ONE meeting, you're a B. Steve Hornady missed a single meeting. So what?
Kim Rhode was only board member for one meeting. One excused absence. 0% grade. ????

If attendance alone was a factor in voting, we'd have grajamarated a lot more kids in the last 100 years. And Obama would be considered an activist Senator. ("Present!") The only real problem one might be Mercedes Schapp. Missed 5 out of 6. But even then, maybe she had a good NRA reason.

I do not listen to Marion Hammer or anyone else regarding who I vote for on the NRA Board. Most I believe are really looking out for we gun owners, but are looking out for their own back sides. Another thing I do is vote for only 5-6 that I feel could help change the "good ol' boy mentality." That way you don't approve that many of what the NRA wants.

Last edited:
No write ins that I'm aware of. Adam and Tim need as much support as they can get and voting for anyone else hurts their chances.

Well I'm a red blooded male so I'm voting for Kristy Titus. Bc she's hawt. We need more hotness in the NRA. Make the NRA hawt again.

No write ins that I'm aware of. Adam and Tim need as much support as they can get and voting for anyone else hurts their chances.

To make sure I understand: You're saying that voting for anyone else might hurt Adam and Tim; you're going to vote for those two, and *only* those two.

Is that right?

I am voting only for candidates not endorsed by the Nominating Committee, with the exception of Julie Golob (USPSA member, have known her very casually for decades)

I'm assuming that anyone who is a previous or current board member or president has been nominated by the nominating committee, even if the bio doesn't explicitly say so.

That leaves:

- Robert Brown
- Mark Humphreville
- Adam Kraut
- Tim Knight (appears to be nominated by both the nominating committee and by member petition)

Do I have that right?

Do you know anything about Robert Brown or Mark Humphreville other than what was printed in the info with the ballot?

To make sure I understand: You're saying that voting for anyone else might hurt Adam and Tim; you're going to vote for those two, and *only* those two.

Is that right?
Correct. The board is elected using bullet voting, here's an explanation.

Back
Top Bottom