• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No wonder why I despise religion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are You under the assumption that most catholics do what the church leaders tell them to do? Most don't.

There are plenty of simpering bitches in any religion, but I'd be surprised if a single person listening to this weirdo actually did what he said. It's not like it's easy to get a gun in NJ to begin with.

Well... I mean, all due respect, but why stay in the church then?
Is it some kind of rule in your understanding of things that one must believe in.....and do..... 100 percent of what any organizations leaders tell you in order to stay a part of that organization?

So.....if I disagree with even one thing that the leadership of the church tells me then I should leave the church? That's a pretty simple minded expectstion......all due respect of course.

Is it some kind of rule in your understanding of things that one must believe in.....and do..... 100 percent of what any organizations leaders tell you?

Usually, that's exactly how religions work. Especially the Popey one; that whole "ex cathedra" thing. Else, why bother having a Pope at all? And why invest him with so much authority?

Usually, that's exactly how religions work. Especially the Popey one; that whole "ex cathedra" thing. Else, why bother having a Pope at all? And why invest him with so much authority?
So.....if I disagree with even one thing that the leadership of the church tells me then I should leave the church? That's a pretty simple minded expectation......all due respect of course.

The Bible tells us to PRAY and SET A GUARD. Religion is man’s sinful way of trying to interpret God‘s will and since we are nothing more than filthy rags, we screw it up.
Also turns us to turn the other cheek. The bible tells us anything we want it to tell us if we keep reading it long enough. You can pick whichever message suits your ideals and pretend that some magical creator came up with it first.

The truth is, we have the right to defend our lives. We don't need a god or men to tell us that, or justify our inherent sovereignty and right to self-preservation..

So.....if I disagree with even one thing that the leadership of the church tells me then I should leave the church? That's a pretty simple minded expectation......all due respect of course.

Fair enough.

I just happen to know a massive number of "Catholics" that have fundamental differences with the Pope on ex cathedra doctrine. My understanding is that you can't really do that and still call yourself a Catholic, in terms of what the Church preaches.

One thing or many things? There's a line somewhere I imagine.
I assume this is directed at me.

I disagree with quite a bit of what the catholic church puts out. Mosty the dogma. In my estimation that doesn't mean I'm a bad catholic.....it means I can think for myself.

I figured it out at a young age, For all those that were taught to believe in God by there parents, they also told you santa claus was real. They tried sending me to CCD after that, but pretty much my questions were not liked there, My first confession did go well, so I gave up religion during lent and never looked back

Fair enough.

I just happen to know a massive number of "Catholics" that have fundamental differences with the Pope on ex cathedra doctrine. My understanding is that you can't really do that and still call yourself a Catholic, really.
Tell that to the literal millions of catholics that disagree with catholic doctrine and still attend.

Tell that to the literal millions of catholics that disagree with catholic doctrine and still attend.

Well, yeah. That's my point.

Presumably, they still tithe as well. Which blows my mind.

When your church doesn't represent your beliefs? Might be time to change one or the other.

how else does the church get money unless they get you to church, apply some guilt, and pass the basket
Easy
Have an engaging pastor that teaches the Bible and its life applications.
Provide services to the congregation and surrounding area that you are willing to financially support.

No guilt necessary (hint, I'm not a catholic)

When your church doesn't represent your beliefs? Might be time to change one or the other.

The issue is that there probably isn’t one that fits 100%. I also imagine the vast majority of religious people never leave the religion they were raised as… because reasons. They probably never even consider changing teams.

One thing or many things? There's a line somewhere I imagine.
Nope. It’s a lot like the older Dem voters I know here in mass. At this point they hardly agree with anything the Democrat party is pushing these days if you go down a list of it with them. But they’ll keep voting dem because… reasons.

People can think for themselves. Finding a church that represents 100 percent of my beliefs....imo.....means I've given up learning and thinking for myself. I'm not ready for that.

Also, probably worth pointing out that the Cardinal In Newark doesn't speak for the entire Catholic Church.

Neither the Bible nor Cannon Law says we can't own guns.

Today's news: Another stupid guy had another stupid idea.

QFMFT

It may be that it's his honest opinion or may be he is an agent of devil, but his interpretation is his own.

There is absolutely nothing in the Holy Bible about not owning specific tools or implements. It does specifies your duty to shepherd your flock, family, defend your faith. Does it require a full auto AK or an AR (it's an AK, I know it) it doesn't say, because there is no need. You have to use your better judgement to pick and use implements to suit the job, and your job as head of your household is pretty clear.

It's also sad to see people using these cherry picked quotes to turn away from religion. People who promote this filth are exactly the people who want you to drink Bud Light soy milk. (spoiler ... don't do it)

Interesting that we had a business meeting at our church which required a vote. While the people were counting the votes the guy that's head of our security team got up and gave a short talk on carrying in our church...it was basically carry concealed (not open carry) and if a situation arises that you need to use your firearm, be ready to put the perp down without hesitation, when you are sure they, he or she is neutralized, place your firearm on the floor or on a chair and wait until the po-po arrives. We have several good lawyers in our church, one who is well versed in 2A. He mentioned that one doesn't talk to the police until a lawyer is present.
Except in MA, putting the gun on the floor could be charged as insecure storage 😡

The cardinal has a strange understanding of the word "voluntarily".

Also turns us to turn the other cheek. The bible tells us anything we want it to tell us if we keep reading it long enough. You can pick whichever message suits your ideals and pretend that some magical creator came up with it first.

The truth is, we have the right to defend our lives. We don't need a god or men to tell us that, or justify our inherent sovereignty and right to self-preservation..
Turn the other cheek doesn't mean what you think it does

More like don't play stupid revenge games for insignificant slights.

Jesus would have definitely used an AK. Most Palestinians prefer those over ARs, lol.

Actually... he'd have used a Galil. Buy local, and all that.
Nope would have been a shovel AK or 80% AR
He makes his own weapons.

Nope would have been a shovel AK or 80% AR
He makes his own weapons.

Well, whatever he used, the .gov never would have found them.

He knew guys with boats. And nets.

I think the 8 "I'd rather you didn'ts" are a good starting point for a virtuous life.

When the towns people gather for church and stack their swords outside the church, the next thing you know everv Viking and his uncle Sven storm inside and kill everyone. [thinking]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom