No wonder why I despise religion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus told his deciples to carry swords. When they were sent out casting out demons and healing the sick they went without staffs sandals purses, anything christ was all they needed. When they got back jesus told them, i wont be with you much longer. And theyre comming to pursicute you. They were able to take up their posessions agian.

2/12 carrying swords should be enough.

Luke 22
36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. 37 It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.”

38 The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.”

“That’s enough!” he replied

Last edited:
Well, who's fault is that?
No idea. Not prepared to blame his mother. That usually doesn't go well for me lol

He was certainly exposed with ALL 4 of his living grandparents, Godparents who are both still in his life, and cousins who are still practicing. Not sure what happened. I only showed up about 5 years ago. I think the issue came up because he took a history class that talked about "the reformation" and Martin Luther and he started asking questions.

He knows now, there are protestant flavors, that Episcopal is basically Catholic-lite and they are the Anglicans/Church of England, and "The church" included what became the Orthodox churches

There will come a time when I will beat my “sword into a plowshare” but not in this age. Until then it’s “pew pew”.
Exactly.
When it comes to swords and plowshares I think I’ll remember what Franklin said.

I'll make a reasonable compromise. When the Pope gives up his armed security so will I. If he can be protected by guns, so can I. After all, we're all equal in God's eyes

Interestingly enough, out here I can carry in K-12 school, Private and Public higher ed, anyplace that isn't federally prohibited.... except the Mormon church and their owned properties. For that I need expressed written consent from the tribe leaders.

I'm not frequenting the mormon churches anyways (OMG, they are EVERYWHERE here) so not an issue for me

one reference is in Matthew 18:20. “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” King James Version (KJV)

this is mainly interpreted to pray together as a group and has evolved to gathering in church..

it evolved into an organized gathering at a church because men feel the need to control other men. Religion is one of the tools they use to do it. Fear and repression are others. Religion of every stripe is the word of God as interpreted, warped, massaged, and repackaged for control of the masses by power hungry men.

Another interpretation of M18:20 is that as long as men keep God in their minds, and share that mindset with others, God will be with them.

Jesus told his deciples to carry swords. When they were sent out casting out demons and healing the sick they went without staffs sandals purses, anything christ was all they needed. When they got back jesus told them, i wont be with you much longer. And theyre comming to pursicute you. They were able to take up their posessions agian.

Luke 22
36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. 37 It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.”

But also understand that two swords were enough because that would allow defense but not be sufficient for an offensive attack.

So it's okay to arrange a face to face with God to discuss the wrongness of trying to hurt a Christian.

I'll make a reasonable compromise. When the Pope gives up his armed security, so will I

Interestingly enough, out here I can carry in K-12 school, Private and Public higher ed, anyplace that isn't federally prohibited.... except the Mormon church and their owned properties. For that I need expressed written consent from the tribe leaders.

I'm not frequenting the mormon churches anyways (OMG, they are EVERYWHERE here) so not an issue for me

Tear down that wall, Mr. Francis!!

it evolved into an organized gathering at a church because men feel the need to control other men. Religion is one of the tools they use to do it. Fear and repression are others. Religion of every stripe is the word of God as interpreted, warped, massaged, and repackaged for control of the masses by power hungry men.

Another interpretation of M18:20 is that as long as men keep God in their minds, and share that mindset with others, God will be with them.

definitely true.. there are always those inclined to control..

there's also
Proverbs 27:17 KJV "Iron sharpeneth iron; So a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." meaning that we lift up and support each other in groups, not alone.

What a blithering moron.

At at time where churches are under threat of attack, my priest says "if you have a firearm, you are welcome here" - so there.

Interesting that we had a business meeting at our church which required a vote. While the people were counting the votes the guy that's head of our security team got up and gave a short talk on carrying in our church...it was basically carry concealed (not open carry) and if a situation arises that you need to use your firearm, be ready to put the perp down without hesitation, when you are sure they, he or she is neutralized, place your firearm on the floor or on a chair and wait until the po-po arrives. We have several good lawyers in our church, one who is well versed in 2A. He mentioned that one doesn't talk to the police until a lawyer is present.

Luke 22

But also understand that two swords were enough because that would allow defense but not be sufficient for an offensive attack.

So it's okay to arrange a face to face with God to discuss the wrongness of trying to hurt a Christian.

What a blithering moron.

So I guess the pedophila issue is allset than right? Time to move on to other things? How a bout fix your own house before pointing to any other issues.

What a blithering moron.

For every catholic that believes in gun control there are probably 10 fundamentalist Christians that whole heartedly believe in the 2a.

Joel 3: 9-11 sure sounds kinda like "a Well-Regulated Militia" (the opposite of Isaiah 2:4)

"9 Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up:

10 Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.

11 Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O Lord."

What a blithering moron.

This guy is obviously a moron. As an example of good faith, maybe the Swiss Guard can turn in their Sig & Glock Handguns and their MP7's and SG 550's. Then I'll think about it for one second and say F@%k No! You don't like guns, don't get one.

Interesting that we had a business meeting at our church which required a vote. While the people were counting the votes the guy that's head of our security team got up and gave a short talk on carrying in our church...it was basically carry concealed (not open carry) and if a situation arises that you need to use your firearm, be ready to put the perp down without hesitation, when you are sure they, he or she is neutralized, place your firearm on the floor or on a chair and wait until the po-po arrives. We have several good lawyers in our church, one who is well versed in 2A. He mentioned that one doesn't talk to the police until a lawyer is present.

as a like-minded group of parishioners, why wouldn't your policy be to kill and bury the shooter nice and deep? Keep the gendarmes' out of it. Could your parish keep a secret?

BFYTW.

The Catholic church in Rwanda apologised on Sunday for the church’s role in the 1994 genocide, saying it regretted the actions of those who participated in the massacres.

“We apologize for all the wrongs the church committed. We apologize on behalf of all Christians for all forms of wrongs we committed. We regret that church members violated [their] oath of allegiance to God’s commandments,” said the statement by the Conference of Catholic Bishops, which was read out in parishes across the country.

The statement acknowledged that church members planned, aided and carried out the genocide, in which more than 800,000 ethnic Tutsis and moderate Hutus were killed by Hutu extremists.

as a like-minded group of parishioners, why wouldn't your policy be to kill and bury the shooter nice and deep? Keep the gendarmes' out of it. Could your parish keep a secret?
Around here in Southern MO, it wouldn't be hard...lots of empty land and many farmers have backhoes. Cops tend to stay out of your business around here.

What kind of loser gives up his guns because some fat volcel with a stupid hat down in NJ said to?

Not really religious here... just wondering where in the Bilbe does it say you must join a church or be a member of an organized religion? Can't you just read it and follow the teachings as you interpret them?
Hebrews 10:24-25
Yes, Christians are commanded to gather for worship.
how else does the church get money unless they get you to church, apply some guilt, and pass the basket

What kind of loser gives up his guns because some fat volcel with a stupid hat down in NJ said to?
Are You under the assumption that most catholics do what the church leaders tell them to do? Most don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom