• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No wonder why I despise religion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough.

I just happen to know a massive number of "Catholics" that have fundamental differences with the Pope on ex cathedra doctrine. My understanding is that you can't really do that and still call yourself a Catholic, in terms of what the Church preaches.

bear in mind, if you disagree with church doctrine to the point that you "can't call yourself catholic", that's just church policy as decreed by that collection of robed degenerates.

Following God is not really about churches or a following hierarchy of made men (for lack of a better term). It's about faith in something you can't prove. Some people need the structure of a church as part of their faith. Just as I need the structure of a classroom to learn things. I could never do on-line courses and retain anything. It's a credit to those people that they can disagree with the pronouncements of the hierarchy and still have faith in the institution.

Personally, I have kept my faith in the presence of a being I cannot prove exists while shedding all connections to the institution that allegedly spreads his word.

I have seen, I believe, anecdotal evidence of God. For instance. During the big dig, I was driving a 104,000# dump trailer down that steep decline leading from the Zakim to the underground part. I keep a good safe distance in front of me. Then the brake lights started coming on. I stepped on my brakes and everything would have been fine. But then a typical ma**h*** cut right in front of me even though traffic was stopping. Now I am literally pulling on the steering wheel, out of the seat, standing on the brake pedal. The truck cannot stop any faster, and the car suddenly disappears. It is so f***ing close I can't see it over the hood of the truck. I just brace for the impact, knowing they're gonna die. Then, at the absolute last possible moment the traffic broke free out of seemingly nowhere for just long enough for the truck to slow down and not crush the ahole. Coincidence? Maybe. Or maybe that moron wasn't supposed to die that day.

Have an engaging pastor that teaches the Bible and its life applications.
Provide services to the congregation and surrounding area that you are willing to financially support.
But now days, you don't need to be taught, you can just read the bible, google what the passages mean, so why do you have to belong to a church?

Religion seems to be on the decline, catholics certainly didn't help that situation, but if the decline in the past 60-70 years keeps up they will be out of business in another 60-70

Personally I think just being a good person with good morals is all that is needed,
I am a member of other organizations that donate, and help the community.

Try to be a good person that is my religion. I am a lapsed Catholic at best. Religion or should I say a cult was the major cause for breakup of my marriage. Sorry if you can't celebrate a holiday, if you can't celebrate a birthday, if you can't go to your grandmother's funeral because it's in the wrong Church, if that church actively works with your soon-to-be ex-wife to make it so you never see your children again that is not what I think religion is all about. When they convince your children that Daddy's a bad man because he carries a gun among other things. that is not the teaching of God. And for the record it has been 31 years since I have seen any of my children. As much as the libertarian side of me and the strict constitutionalist says that everyone has the freedom of religion sometimes I get a little tee'd off at what people have done in the name of God Allah Methuselah or whatever name you want to assign to a higher being.

I just happen to know a massive number of "Catholics" that have fundamental differences with the Pope on ex cathedra doctrine. My understanding is that you can't really do that and still call yourself a Catholic, in terms of what the Church preaches.
This is true, though I think there's only been one example of ex cathedra use, i.e., the Assumption of Mary. What they probably disagree on are things like contraception and remarriage after divorce, maybe abortion in the case of rape or incest, something like that. Those are well-established teachings but based on Church tradition, not on papal decree. But the ex cathedra business is really a digression. Your basic point is correct that you aren't really at liberty to go a la carte.

Politics is a dangerous game for bishops, IMHO. It's very easy for them to cross the line from delivering moral teaching rooted in centuries of tradition to violating the 3rd Commandment by insinuating that a particular political plan is endorsed by God Himself. Besides the 2A, US Catholics frequently endure this when the clergy comment on the southern border. I maintain that you have to be well-versed in the Catechism to recognize when they are telling you things that the Church has taught forever from political overreach that isn't really supported by Church tradition at all. They're just men, even the Pope, and unless the Pope is speaking ex cathedra, which they so rarely do, they're subject to doing their job wrong.

But now days, you don't need to be taught, you can just read the bible, google what the passages mean, so why do you have to belong to a church?

Religion seems to be on the decline, catholics certainly didn't help that situation, but if the decline in the past 60-70 years keeps up they will be out of business in another 60-70

Personally I think just being a good person with good morals is all that is needed,
I am a member of other organizations that donate, and help the community.

Religion is not declining - what people worship is changing
Europe and the US are moving towards worshipping themselves and government
Other places are becoming more Christian.

You say you can learn from online - who puts that content online? If you are learning from them then they are your pastor. And if you hold to the gospel then you will find a good Bible teaching church since it directs Christians to worship together.

Jesus would have definitely used an AK. Most Palestinians prefer those over ARs, lol.

Actually... he'd have used a Galil. Buy local, and all that.
Jesus would have been an uzi man. He drove a Honda. Very little room for a galil.

John 12:49
For I did not speak of my own accord

Or Muslim. Jesus pbuh called upon the one true God as Allah. Allah is the name that the creator. the one true god of Abraham has referred to Himself as

It's Aramic, which Jesus pbuh spoke
View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/3-YoKt7Wvzo

Ahh, no
Muslims try to call themselves an Abrahamic faith but deny the verifiable texts and teaching of both.
Mohammed was a thieving, murdering pedophile who retold a bunch of stories he heard mixing them together to create a death cult of demons and destruction.

And there is a big difference between Aramaic and Arabic.

Religion is not declining - what people worship is changing
Europe and the US are moving towards worshipping themselves and government
Other places are becoming more Christian.

You say you can learn from online - who puts that content online? If you are learning from them then they are your pastor. And if you hold to the gospel then you will find a good Bible teaching church since it directs Christians to worship together.

Islam is actually the fastest growing religion. Every friday the mosque is packed full, parking lot over flowing to the point that there is problems with local businesses. Meanwhile churches are empty. Every week there is even new people coming to convert.

Ahh, no
Muslims try to call themselves an Abrahamic faith but deny the verifiable texts and teaching of both.

Feel free to explain. Abraham peace be upon him, called for monotheism, smashed the idols in Babylon. Even the bible says Deut 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." in contrast to the idea of the trinity. Muslims are better "Christians" then the christians themselves if you look at following what the bible says to do.

Islam is actually the fastest growing religion. Every friday the mosque is packed full, parking lot over flowing to the point that there is problems with local businesses. Meanwhile churches are empty. Every week there is even new people coming to convert.
Islam grows because of birth rates and oppression (ask what happens to an apostate Muslim in most countries)

Getting people to believe a lie isn't all that hard - look at democrats

Plenty of growth in Christian churches also so don't judge by the empty buildings of apostate religion like catholics, Episcopalians and the other woke churches

I was brought up a Catholic. Taught that if you had an unconfessed Mortal sin on your soul you would automatically go to hell.
-Missing Sunday mass was a Mortal sin and you would go to hell.
-One day there was a huge snowstorm and Cardinal Law (may he burn in hell). Announced that missing Sunday’s mass was not a mortal sin.
-So a man can decide what actions you can be sent to hell for and what you can’t.
-Shines a whole new light on the raping children thing.

Oh and FU@K the Bishop and his position on 2A.
IMG_6911.jpeg

Feel free to explain. Abraham peace be upon him, called for monotheism, smashed the idols in Babylon. Even the bible says Deut 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." in contrast to the idea of the trinity. Muslims are better "Christians" then the christians themselves if you look at following what the bible says to do.
Not going to turn this into a Christian crusade but preach to me when you explain why we should overlook Muhammad forcing sex on a nine year old child - Sahih al-Bukhari, 5134

I was brought up a Catholic. Taught that if you had an unconfessed Mortal sin on your soul you would automatically go to hell.
-Missing Sunday mass was a Mortal sin and you would go to hell.
-One day there was a huge snowstorm and Cardinal Law (may he burn in hell). Announced that missing Sunday’s mass was not a mortal sin.
-So a man can decide what actions you can be sent to hell for and what you can’t.
-Shines a whole new light on the raping children thing.

Oh and FU@K the Bishop and his position on 2A.
View attachment 758837
I think the only mortal sin is living your whole life without ever once calling on or giving thanks to god

Even if you break one of the 10 comandments youve broken them all. Thats why everyone at church is a sinner, no matter their position or how pollished up they are. Theyre there because theyre dying people in need of saving. And if anyone said hes not a sinner hes also a liar

Islam grows because of birth rates and oppression (ask what happens to an apostate Muslim in most countries)

Getting people to believe a lie isn't all that hard - look at democrats

Plenty of growth in Christian churches also so don't judge by the empty buildings of apostate religion like catholics, Episcopalians and the other woke churches

Not saying that Christianity doesn't have growth, just not at the proportion of Islam. And I'm not differentiating statistics from diff denominations like Episcopal/Cath/etc.

In the so called free countries like the USA, for every apostate from Islam there are 1-2 people who become Muslim, even when there is so called tolerance and low repercussions. Internet spammers and anti islam trolls on YT go crazy with "muh apostate" nothing really happens to apostate unless they go crazy and blaspheming. And only in some countries... even the time of Prophet Muhammad SAWS apostates were not killed for leaving the religion, they often were sent out of area though.

Not going to turn this into a Christian crusade but preach to me when you explain why we should overlook Muhammad forcing sex on a nine year old child - Sahih al-Bukhari, 5134

Pretty common practice in Arabia in ~600AD, and in Europe until the last few hundred years. As well in the Bible if we look at what the bible claims in the age of Rebekah. In the 1000+ years of intellectual discourse between the Islamic and Christian worlds, only in the last 100 years have critics of Islam mentioned that as a 'problem' Here is a video by somebody a lot more educated than me, if you want to find an answer to that question here it is
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03b97GUacpM

Not really religious here... just wondering where in the Bilbe does it say you must join a church or be a member of an organized religion? Can't you just read it and follow the teachings as you interpret them?
Organized religeon and going to church is a way to build communities and spread a like minded thought to folks. Which is why organized religeons have perverted all holy words in my opinion.

The early goals of religeon was to gather people and shape their mindset and share news, broker common feelings

Obviously when you have a power structure such as this its man's nature to pervert it. See the history of the church in the 11-1600's or pretty much every religeon throughout time.

Except that when done correctly its truly what the foundations of countries and nations and communities are built on.

In the short view going out and mixing with your neighbors is how you de-escalate the feeling that the blue hair chick with the blm signs up isnt a raving lunatic just like you don't sit around dressed like arnold in commando cleaning your guns.

In a middle view religeon can help govern communities with like minded views.

For example if your county is methodist predominantly chances are you'll agree on local things

At a macro level you can all follow guiding principles

While the country may be divided to different sects the overacrhing views can be Christian or Muslim or what ever. But you have simple rules like don't kill people or don't drink

By not going to church you remove yourself from the community and look to the gov as your higher power. Declining church goership is the biggest issue we face because it allows human connection

If you want to worship god you do it privately because that spirituality is how you and him connect

If you want honor him you go to church so that we don't forget he exists as a country

well when the Catholic church gives up its tax exempt status, it can lobby on political issues like 2A

He;ll be begging for gun owners to save his ass once the radical followers of Islam start burning his churches
Why would they do that?

Why would you want them to?

They are definitely a religeon and that is exempt

And why are you encouraging anyone to pay taxes

Not saying that Christianity doesn't have growth, just not at the proportion of Islam. And I'm not differentiating statistics from diff denominations like Episcopal/Cath/etc.

In the so called free countries like the USA, for every apostate from Islam there are 1-2 people who become Muslim, even when there is so called tolerance and low repercussions. Internet spammers and anti islam trolls on YT go crazy with "muh apostate" nothing really happens to apostate unless they go crazy and blaspheming. And only in some countries... even the time of Prophet Muhammad SAWS apostates were not killed for leaving the religion, they often were sent out of area though.

Pretty common practice in Arabia in ~600AD, and in Europe until the last few hundred years. As well in the Bible if we look at what the bible claims in the age of Rebekah. In the 1000+ years of intellectual discourse between the Islamic and Christian worlds, only in the last 100 years have critics of Islam mentioned that as a 'problem' Here is a video by somebody a lot more educated than me, if you want to find an answer to that question here it is
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03b97GUacpM

Rebekah was fourteen which was quite normal at the time.
Nine has never been acceptable

as far as apostasy:
So if someone says something against Islam is okay to kill them?
Yeah, that's awesome👌

The koran may not prescribe a punishment but Islamic tradition certainly does.
Christianity travels the world to feed the poor and heal the sick.
Islam simply conquers and oppresses.

Show me the great institutes and hospitals around the world founded by Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom