No More Rifles in Califorina

this is why we're doomed as a country. We have so little time left, it really scares me.

because all young people are like that- stupid, ignorant failures to their country and their elders. It's not like anyone that is below the age of 35 has a brain, or is capable of doing anything constructive.

There were never any idiots in your generation. Not a single one. You old guys are certainly 100% on point, 100% of the time.

Thank god you came on here to let us know that.

because all young people are like that- stupid, ignorant failures to their country and their elders. It's not like anyone that is below the age of 35 has a brain, or is capable of doing anything constructive.

There were never any idiots in your generation. Not a single one. You old guys are certainly 100% on point, 100% of the time.

Someone had to breed this generation of shitbags, amirite?

Didn't you know that the vast majority of California legislators are under 35 years old? It's clearly the younger generation at fault here.

Didn't you know that the vast majority of California legislators are under 35 years old? It's clearly the younger generation at fault here.

nope- you got the blame wrong: those legislators were voted in by people under 35 years old. Because the state of california is entirely made up by people ages 18-35. That is it. No old people there. No offspring. Just that conniving, treacherous group of individuals who are young enough to disrespect their elders and old enough to vote in *******s who reflect their views.

Our country is doomed.

Enough of the bickering. It can't be fixed with voting any ways.

that's how the problem started... if you ignore the roots of it. Voting didn't make the problem. Media bias and popular viewpoint / attitude fueled by popular culture was the hammer that put the nails in the coffin in CA.

People listen to those who are influential- the things that grab their attention the most are what people easily latch onto. Cognitive thinking is the preference for the few, while mindless consumption is the preferred method of information processing of the many.

In order to change what has happened in California, pop culture needs to embrace the values that make our country unique: the freedoms we can exercise and utilize to further ourselves on a daily basis need to be glorified. Much of this is already happening- the 1st ammendment pumping and what not is embraced by Hollywood.

The problem with 2nd ammendment rights is that firearms are associated (through mindless consumption) with violence. A murder is a lot more exciting to a mindless peon when a gun is involved. Guns are exciting by nature- mechanically they involve forces and mechanisms that are enthralling even to an idiot.

So where am I going with this? Honestly, I think that educating people (CONDITIONING THEM) into believing that guns owned by orderly people should be as dull as the shade of grey. It should be a non topic. Something that is not exciting. In Switzerland this is the case due to firearms issuing to citizens.

Educating our children also needs to cover the Constitution and it's Bill of Rights. That doesn't start with young people- that starts with the old. Children don't ****ing teach themselves. You have to do it for them, and do it effectively. Not half assed.

How do you do that in america? The education starts with a parent. And it ends with children. And it might be too far rooted in our society where there will always be excitement with firearms. So we need politicians that respect our Bill of Rights in the meantime, and we need influential people to help educate the public as much as you can (because you're fighting against the grain).

Last edited:
I just heard on the NRANEWS that the bill is on the Gov's desk and he IS expected to sign it

should be some great buys on gunbroker soon

oh and didn't they first make you register your 50 cals and then banned them and used the list to make sure you turned them in?

BTW, here's a fun fact for everyone. CA law doesn't recognize federal LE when it comes to exemptions to any of their firearms laws. There is much wailing and gnashing of teeth right now over this. It's pretty funny, because guys in my agency will sometimes organize group buys just like the ones that happen here on NES. When the group buys are announced it's usually with a caveat such as "Sorry to the agents in California, but state law prevents you guys from participating."

Don't they already have warrantless squads going around confiscating guns from the people on the Bad List? The new registrations will just make it easier to know how many more Bearcats they need to buy.

Knock knock.

There is a MA bill that does this too sponsored by Cynthia Creem...banning all "large capacity" rifles which basically is any semiautomatic magazine fed rifle

So where are those folks that said we were imagining things. This is going along a little bit at a time, Little bit by little bit.

Uh, gun control is old news. Nobody cares about this shit anymore. You gun nuts are always bring up old shit. I'm not even still upset about Jimmy Kimmel tricking me with that Twerking video and that just happened this week.

/sarcasm, obviously

Pretty much everyone I know from CA is fiercely pro-2A. They're still vastly outnumbered by the flying moonbats, unfortunately.

Northern CA is like that. It's basically Baja Oregon. Of course, Crescent City doesn't strike me as the kind of place they'll be turning in their guns. The border is 10-15 minutes south of me (I can see CA coastline from my house on a clear day), and if the wind is right, you can smell the meth and hepatitis from Crescent City.

this is why we're doomed as a country. We have so little time left, it really scares me.

This is why I actually like what Obama has been doing lately. He's bringing us closer and closer to our Soviet Union moment when the whole thing just falls apart. With the debt, the complete ignorance of the public about things like the solvency of Social Security and Medicare - people paying outrageous amounts of money to go to "school" to train for jobs they'll never get - etc.

It's just plainly obvious that we're heading for some sort of blowup. I know people are scared shitless about something like that happening - but it must be my life experience - I just can't tolerate BS like this and seeing it survive and prosper - I'd rather see a shitstorm and see things set right - than avoid hard times and have to put up with BS for my whole life.

This won't survive 5 minutes of the first court challenge.

I hope Brown has a hefty legal fund if he signs this.

It'll be paid by the taxpayers, just like the politicians that made this law in the first place.

And you know damn well that they're not going to decrease that $24,000,000 they set aside to seize firearms, so something else has to suffer. Way to be, CA.

This is why I actually like what Obama has been doing lately. He's bringing us closer and closer to our Soviet Union moment when the whole thing just falls apart. With the debt, the complete ignorance of the public about things like the solvency of Social Security and Medicare - people paying outrageous amounts of money to go to "school" to train for jobs they'll never get - etc.

It's just plainly obvious that we're heading for some sort of blowup. I know people are scared shitless about something like that happening - but it must be my life experience - I just can't tolerate BS like this and seeing it survive and prosper - I'd rather see a shitstorm and see things set right - than avoid hard times and have to put up with BS for my whole life.
Unfortunately, it is similar to an addiction. A hard-core drug addict or alcoholic usually has to hit rock-bottom before they can climb their way up again. Not all make it back, though.

Unfortunately, it is similar to an addiction. A hard-core drug addict or alcoholic usually has to hit rock-bottom before they can climb their way up again. Not all make it back, though.

That's actually exactly how I think of it. Addicts that can't seem to set their shit straight until they hit rock bottom.

Addicts that bottom out when they're young and healthy can recover. Addicts that carefully avoid bottoming out until they're older and don't have the strength to avoid the lure of their addiction just die.

I'd like to see us bottom out and recover while the body of the nation still has some strength - the longer we drag it out the worse it's going to be and there may be no recovery.

There's an awful lot of enablers in this country. I like to somebody hold the drunk around the neck and make him drink the whole damn bottle of 100 proof vodka to teach him a lesson.

Back
Top Bottom