Newbie Here

Welcome to the forum!

Hope you learn a lot and share a lot of your knowledge with others.

Ask questions, provide info when you can, but most of all enjoy the place.

WOW ! in 15 minutes, 4 messages of welcome !

Apparently a very active site.

I'm located (working) in Plymouth and my main interest is post Civil War military weapons. I'm up to about 20 now, hence my website mention in my signature.

Thanks to all for the warm greetings !

Pilgrim said:
WOW ! in 15 minutes, 4 messages of welcome !

Apparently a very active site.

I'm located (working) in Plymouth and my main interest is post Civil War military weapons. I'm up to about 20 now, hence my website mention in my signature.

Thanks to all for the warm greetings !

Yup, we are an active forum!

Due to your interest, you should check out the collectors group I mentioned here:

http://northeastshooters.com/viewtopic.php?t=162

Welcome Pilgrim. Plymouth here as well and love milsurps. Shoot at the Plymouth Club?
And a Pilgim decendant as well huh? So are my wife and kids. They're decentdants of the Alden family, as a matter of fact we "had" to name our youngest Sarah Alden after one of John's daughters.
Jon

Yup, Mayflower descendant many times over. Work in Plymouth, live in Middleboro and shoot at the Middleboro Sportsmans Club - almost in my back yard.

I can't believe how addicting milsurps are ! A year or so ago I looked around and although I had a few hand guns, realized I had NO long guns.

It's been all downhill ever since!

Pilgrim said:
Nickle said:
I'm into US and foreign MILSurps myself. I've even branched out into MILSurp handguns.

I've been looking at 1911'slately but can't find oneI can afford.

I've got some foreign rifles, but I like the US stuff best.

Real ex-military 1911's are a bitch to find without paying an arm and a leg for. I have bought a 1917 Colt this year, early 1918 manufacture. And I bought a Nagant revolver.

Rifles, my new favorites are my AK and RomAK 3. I'm still pretty fond of the M14, though.

Pilgrim said:
Nickle said:
I'm into US and foreign MILSurps myself. I've even branched out into MILSurp handguns.

I've been looking at 1911'slately but can't find oneI can afford.

I've got some foreign rifles, but I like the US stuff best.
Ya, the Govt 1911's are up there for sure. There's lots of good foreign milsurp rifles. I didn't think that I'd get one but I have 2 now and looking at others.

Hey Nickle, have you gotten in on the CZ52's yet? For a $100 I can't see going wrong. Although I haven't gotten one yet. I do have an P38 AC44 that was a vet bring-back.

I see a definate milsurp Postal Match coming up!

CZ52, no, I'm not that fond of them. I've got a Helwan, though. That will make you think everything else is a good gun.

If you've follwed my comments in the Postal Match thread, I'll be shooting a MILSurp bolt gun in Centerfire. I'll be shooting one in the scoped class as well. 8)

Cross-X said:
Maybe you might find yourself a decent used S&W 1911.

Love those guns!

My 1911A1 has very few non-GI parts. Rear sight is Caspian, safety is ? (got a surplus one, though), trigger is changed, recoil spring guide is Wilson, and the frame is an Essex. I built it myself.

I may try the CZ52 for the heck of it. I know that I could sell it for 50 more than I pay if I don't like it. Never heard of the Helwan. Looks like I need to go do some research.

I may use my Hakim for the match. I don't have any milsurp bolts but I've been toying with getting maybe an M38, 44 or 91/30 for cheap plinking.

My avitar is my dad in Okinawa in WWII. He's holding an Arisaka that he "captured". My older brother has it and last night, I offered him a 12ga in trade for it. He told me he'd do it once he "found all the parts for it". He said he put a diff stock on it and shot it but he stripped it down. He didn't cut the barrel and still has the original stock. I want to kick him in the ASS! Hopefully it's still in good shape and it's too bad that he didn't appreciate it the way it was.

Get the 91/30. I've got a 1944 dated Ishevesk that I'm turning into a fake sniper. Already got the PU scope and proper mount. The other Mosin I've got is an M24 Finnish Civil Guard rifle, a rebuilt M91 receiver dated 1895.

Milsurp Match ! Yea !

Here's a few of my babies:

1917 Eddystone
17tree.jpg

Remington 03a3
1903.jpg

Two 1898 Krags - one an 1899 and the other a 1902
2krags.jpg

2000 Romanian SAR1 and a 1967 Chinese SKS paratrooper
2rifles.jpg

Mar 1944 Springfield M1 Garand
m1.JPG

Early Winchester Carbine (first 77,000)
carbine2.jpg

Nr4 Mk1 Enfield
enf3.jpg

1927a1 Thompson
tommy2.jpg

1884 Springfield Trapdoor
trapdoor2.jpg

Fin Mod 39 MosinNagant and a Russian Mod 38 MosinNagant
Webmn3839.jpg

Jap T99 Arisaka
webara2.jpg

All get used (except for the T99, just got it and ain't got no bullets !)

Nickle said:
Get the 91/30. I've got a 1944 dated Ishevesk that I'm turning into a fake sniper. Already got the PU scope and proper mount. The other Mosin I've got is an M24 Finnish Civil Guard rifle, a rebuilt M91 receiver dated 1895.
I've seen the 91/30's as low as 70 bux. I'd like to find one in a laminated stock. The thing is, evertime I get ready to buy a 91/30 or M44, I buy something else. Last week was the MAS 49/56, this week is a Mauser I'm looking at. I won't mention the Krag. I guess I just did!
Dang those mounts and scope are some big bucks too.

I just realized that we hijacked Pilgrim's thread here. Looks like we should start a milsurp thread in one of the forums.
See what you started, Pilgrim?

Back
Top Bottom