New Toys

dwarven1 said:
I'm baaaaack!

Okay, where's the classified ad for the Charter Arms .38???

;)

(In all seriousness, how much are you asking for it? I might be in the market for another mousegun if the price is right... I'd give C-pher the first right of refusal tho' - he did express interest first...)

I'll put it in when I hear back from C-pher. 8) I didn't get a chance to post it last night as I was wading through the incredible amount of posts you guys generated this weekend.

Good grief, didn't you people go to the range or something? Didn't you have anything better to do on a gorgeous three day weekend except surf the web??? Clean your guns, maybe? :p

Ross

Hey,some of us did get out and do things [lol] Just cause you were vacationing up in Vermont,doesn't mean the rest of us were. [wink]

Ross may claim he was in Vermont over the weekend, but I know where he really was.

He has been busy in his basement skunkworks trying to engineer a way to fire all four .357 mag barrels in his new little COP all at once.

Once he does it, he will have a bruise for the ages!

Cross-X said:
Ross may claim he was in Vermont over the weekend, but I know where he really was.

He has been busy in his basement skunkworks trying to engineer a way to fire all four .357 mag barrels in his new little COP all at once.

No way, Darius! One shot at a time with that little beast is quite enough. Maybe I'll bring it to practice on Thursday for you to try out.

I'll make sure that I have some really hot .357 for you... we'll see how many rounds it takes for you to cry uncle!

Ross

dwarven1 said:
Cross-X said:

No way, Darius! One shot at a time with that little beast is quite enough. Maybe I'll bring it to practice on Thursday for you to try out.

I'll make sure that I have some really hot .357 for you... we'll see how many rounds it takes for you to cry uncle!

Ross

Since I'm no big recoil slut, just a shot or two will do.

I may just bring my .357 mag snubbie -- but it is probably a pussycat by comparison.

So you have signed on for Joe's lowlight seminar?

Cross-X said:

Hell, I fired Winchester Silvertips through it. You don't need to check for misfires!

OK, you two testosterone spewing recoil junkies....

Just be sure to take your grudge match outside - No magnum ammo on the indoor range.

And when you are done with your pea shooters, I'll load up the .500 S&W with some Cor-Bon 440gr HardCast Magnums for comparison. That round has only taken Cape Buffalo and Elephant.

Leaves some pretty good divots on steel at 25 yards.

500MagnumHits.jpg

*insert Evil Wicked Grin Here*

Chris said:
OK, you two testosterone spewing recoil junkies....

Just be sure to take your grudge match outside - No magnum ammo on the indoor range.

Chris, y'all need to read more carefully - we were wincing at the recoil, not enjoying it!! Besides, I suspect that that the grips on your .500 actually makes the felt recoil less than with the COP - the back of the grip on the COP is stainless steel - nothing to soak up recoil there!

and speaking of abuse of steel pepper poppers... was watching SWAT last night and I just winced when I saw the dents in the steel poppers on their range (in the early parts of the movie) - the dents looked about an inch deep! Silly me, I always thought that dents were bad because they'd cause ricochets!

Ross

Well, as I said elsewhere, I bought a Garand this weekend. Just checked and it was made in Feb 1943, Winchester as well. Private sale, too.

Another gun that I can't say has killed fewer people than Ted Kennedy's cars. I'm acquiring more and more of them that way.

Back
Top Bottom