• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Toys

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
DSCF0049.JPG

S&W Mod 637 and a COP .357. Swapped my P10 for them since I had no luck selling it. I suspect that the other guy may have gotten the better end of the deal in strictly monetary terms... but I've always wanted a COP, so I think we both did OK. He gets another .45, I get the gun I've always wanted.

Closer view of the COP - yes, it's a 4 shot Derringer.
DSCF0052.JPG

Ross

Well... I did. I met Howie up at the Tyngsboro gun club on Sunday and we tried out each other's guns to see if we wanted to do the trade. Boy, that little beast kicks like a mule... makes the PPK look civilized. [lol]

But I get to shoot them again this weekend in VT with Nickel. Should be a lot of fun.

Ross

C-pher said:
Cool, I'm glad that you were able to get what you want.

Well, you didn't want another P10 for that LDA, so... I like my P12 better, anyway. The P10 is a sweet little gun, but for me, the muzzle blast was too fierce - it was making me flinch. :( The P12 is a little more mellow.

Listen to me... calling a 3.5" barrelled .45 mellow. I must be turning (ever so slowly) into a recoil whore like my buddy Siggy. (he's saving up for a .460 XVR - a .454 Casull or a .480 Ruger are too mild for him. )

Ross

Yea, but do I really need two P10s? Ok, dumb question, as I have three P14s. But I am selling on of those. LOL!

Still, I do hope that one day I can get out with you to shoot. Well, that and to shoot that new four shot. [twisted]

C-pher said:
Yea, but do I really need two P10s?
You have two hands, right? Or you could give one to SWMBO - "Honey, look what I got you!"

C-pher said:
Still, I do hope that one day I can get out with you to shoot. Well, that and to shoot that new four shot. [twisted]
Assuming that I can gas the beast, I'll be at Ripton this weekend... with my niece! [Liz, you don't know the power of the Dark Side... ]

SiameseRat said:
<drooling>
686.gif

I WANT ONE!!!

Too late now, SR... I had it in the classifieds section for several weeks.

Now, if you want a nice Charter Arms .38 Off Duty snubbie, that's going to be up on the classified board by Monday night.

Ross

Ross, how does the 4 barrel derringer work? In my imagination, you pull the trigger and four bullets come out of the front end. That would be very, very cool, but probably just a little bit painful and a wee bit impractical. On the other hand, there wouldn't be any badguy left.

John Jay said:
Ross, how does the 4 barrel derringer work? In my imagination, you pull the trigger and four bullets come out of the front end.

John, C-pher is correct; there's a firing pin for each barrel, and a cog in the firing mechanism rotates around to have a hammer hit each firing pin in sequence.

There is one in existance that can fire two barrels simultaneously... that's the one that was used in filming BladeRunner. Here's more information about it: http://www.racprops.com/issue4/leonsgun/

Ross

Ross,

Now, if you want a nice Charter Arms .38 Off Duty snubbie, that's going to be up on the classified board by Monday night.

Is that one of the older ones?

I don't know, Frosty... how can I tell?

I do know that it was made by Charter Arms, not Charter 2000. I had to replace the mainspring, and when I called up they told me that they were not the same company as made the gun... but the still sent me the main spring free. Works just fine.

Ross

yes, I can.

DSCF0054.JPG

DSCF0055.JPG

I also have a set of green "pakka" wood grips for it that are escaping my search at the moment... trying to get ready to leave for Ripton.

Ross

Probably won't be until Monday night... I'm about to shut down the computer for the weekend (Yeah, I know... I'll be in withdrawal by tomorrow.)

Ross

Back
Top Bottom