New Smith & Wesson CSX Single Action 9mm "leaked"

Just reintroduce the 3913. that was a damn good gun

I don't get the hatred. FFS there is a gun for everyone- if it goes bang and hits the target, great...happiness and joy.

Now if it is a total F-up fun like the Sigma series pile on the hatred.

Give it a chance at least.
Lol no. This thing has a weird identity crisis. Even that XDE thing springfield makes, you look at it and its like "oh, i get it, they targeting "EYE GOTTA hav a hammer!!!! No striker!!!" boomers at least. Even that makes more sense.

This thread is why gun guys never get anywhere. It's a picture FFS no telling if it even/will exist and if so what it will be like. Why don't you wait and see?

The manual of arms on the XDE is very much like the 3913 and similar guns. I had one for a while, but the trigger literally rubbed my finger the wrong way so I sold it. Too soon as it happened, because I sold it before the post 2020 panic buying season. :)

Someone other than you commented on the DAO versus TDA thing and not having a safety on the TDA guns. You need either a decocker or a safety/decocker on the TDA guns because after the first shot it's SA and the hammer will be cocked. Dropping the hammer is a smart move before reholstering. At least I think so. S&W also offered a spring loaded decocker only on some of the later 3rd Gen guns sold to police agencies. The slides were all milled for it so it's a simple switch.

S&W also offered some frame decocker only guns to compete with Sig. They didn't see a ton of them and they are hard to find today.

S&W made the DAO guns for police departments that were transitioning from DA revolvers. Remember that some, like NYPD started using DAO revolvers in the years before departments moved to semi autos. That's why if you fire a DAO 3rd Gen, the trigger pull is very much like the DA pull on a S&W revolver.

As I said earlier, if they were smart they'd have made this new gun TDA with a decocker only lever. As a real geek note, if it's an alloy frame with a carbon slide, it would really be a 3914, not a 3913. :)

Lol no. This thing has a weird identity crisis. Even that XDE thing springfield makes, you look at it and its like "oh, i get it, they targeting "EYE GOTTA hav a hammer!!!! No striker!!!" boomers at least. Even that makes more sense.

Since they shipped at least one to a dealer, it must exist. This is similar to what they did when the Shield was introduced. They sent some out to dealers so that they would have stock to sell at the time it was released. An employee violated the NDA, took a picture and leaked it. I think it was actually an employee at the store at the factory, but I'm not sure.

This thread is why gun guys never get anywhere. It's a picture FFS no telling if it even/will exist and if so what it will be like. Why don't you wait and see?

View attachment 558452
IMG_2012.JPG
What exactly is a ‘launderette?’

Springfield Armory is introducing an improved Browning Hi Power under the SA-35. All steel SAO with some design updates.
I want one, but word is the ones that are out are going for way over msrp. I’d pay msrp.

For those of us in MA, it's also a question of whether they'll be submitted for testing. No reason not to, but the market might not be large enough to offset the costs.
None of this matters. You will be able to get it in mass 10 sec after it comes out. [rofl] just maybe not at deli ticket emporium or Cabelas.

For those of us in MA, it's also a question of whether they'll be submitted for testing. No reason not to, but the market might not be large enough to offset the costs.
I’m talking Springfield SA-35, which is a factory fancy hi-power. One of the original ‘wonder9s’.

I have zero mass worries, but even you poor suckers can buy a hi power!! You poor souls have quite a few non-1911 options for non restricted magazine full size guns.

I’m talking Springfield SA-35, which is a factory fancy hi-power. One of the original ‘wonder9s’.

I have zero mass worries, but even you poor suckers can buy a hi power!! You poor souls have quite a few non-1911 options for non restricted magazine full size guns.
I have no doubt that Springfield will have the SA-35 and the million more modern variants developed in 2022 thereof on the roster forthwith. Whether there is actual supply to meet shop orders is a different story, but I think we will be seeing plenty of single action semi non-1911 competition on the local market in 2022 which will cut into whatevertheHell S&W was thinking with this thing.

Back
Top Bottom