New Smith & Wesson CSX Single Action 9mm "leaked"

Spoke to a friend of mine at S&W he had one in his hand. They are a 12 round magazine. Ten round magazines will be available. And of course don’t expect to see one in Mass for awhile.

Actually, looking forward to Carl's email about this when he gets them in stock.

Should be pretty entertaining.

"New Smith & Wesson CSX - we have only 4 of these excellent carry guns in stock. Lots more on order. Get our complete carry package, comes with an Uncle Mikes holster, El Cheapo brand cleaning kit, and 10 rounds of Remington JHP all for only $895 (This is a $1200 MSRP value, part of our inventory reduction sale). Night sights installed for $200 this is a great deal."

(5 minutes later)

"We are out of stock many more on order"

IDK, I like how it looks and the reviews so far seem positive. My brother whose been carrying a 5 shot S&W SS snub nose (not sure of the model) for 40+ years has decided he wants a small semi auto in a 1911 style configuration (SA, manual safety, etc…). I sent him info on the various offerings out there these days and he’s leaning towards the CSX as he’s an old school Smith & Wesson guy. @drgrant is spot on in regard to S&W brand loyalty thingy…

I got one, handles and shoots well, accurate.
Controls are easy to access, about the size of my Shield 9mm.
Trigger is "OK", has a funny feel and odd reset, but can be easy to get used to.
I'm waiting for am Apex or whatever kit, but will go in this winter and polish up some contact points.
That's my only complaint.

I got one, handles and shoots well, accurate.
Controls are easy to access, about the size of my Shield 9mm.
Trigger is "OK", has a funny feel and odd reset, but can be easy to get used to.
I'm waiting for am Apex or whatever kit, but will go in this winter and polish up some contact points.
That's my only complaint.
Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated!

I fondled one today at Downrange Sports and was actually pretty impressed. The only thing I don’t like is the fact it is Single Action only. I’d probably scoop one if it was SA/DA

If Smith ever decides to make a DA/SA version I will buy one. It's similar in function to the 3913 which is one of the best semi auto pistols ever made.

I fondled one today at Downrange Sports and was actually pretty impressed. The only thing I don’t like is the fact it is Single Action only. I’d probably scoop one if it was SA/DA

The SA is fairly long, and not so crisp, so carrying it cocked and locked is not like a 1911.
I think the fear of a SA comes from short and crisp SA, which this one is not.

If Smith ever decides to make a DA/SA version I will buy one. It's similar in function to the 3913 which is one of the best semi auto pistols ever made.
I hate it when people keep reminding me how great the 3913 is/was

One of the few guns I regret selling..... granted it was 30 years ago but still.... My Sig P6 might be a far second place regret

My usual carry piece is a pre rail 3913TSW. Supplemented by my pocket carry piece which is a stainless CS9.

I hate it when people keep reminding me how great the 3913 is/was

One of the few guns I regret selling..... granted it was 30 years ago but still.... My Sig P6 might be a far second place regret

Back
Top Bottom