New Smith & Wesson CSX Single Action 9mm "leaked"

JRT

NES Member
Smith & Wesson "accidentally" sent a gun shop a new 9mm pistol, the CSX. Its a single action 9mm with 10 or 12 round mags. People seem genuinely excited about this new offering, I guess its just not my thing. Anyway you can check out the details at the links below. As the Redditor noted, its not another M&P!

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/rrpgm2/look_its_not_another_mp/

Am I the only one completely done with these split triggers?

It will be interesting to see what msrp is. You can find an HK P2000sk around for less than glocks these days.

The trigger looks like a 1911 slide button trigger with the split face safety built in. A weird 1911 meets Sig P320 meets M&P design that somehow manages to be horrifying with ugly slide milling and an awkward grip/texture that doesn't quite fit the aesthetics of everything else they've made. It's like they hired the industrial designers that Ruger, Kel-tec, and HiPoint fired for drawing things with grease pencils or crayons.

It's going to be funny if CSX has their identity trademarked and S&W's lawyers f***ed up their due diligence.

I *think* the lines of business are dissimilar enough, but I'm not a lawyer, and don't know how too much of that works these days.

Other oddity is the lack of a slide milled for optics and no front accessory rail since that's what all the new designs are doing lately.

I can't fathom why they dropped the iconic fish scale serrations.

Id put this is the same category as the SD9. Useless piece of shit destined to be the sidearm of a third world country.

Back
Top Bottom