New Smith & Wesson CSX Single Action 9mm "leaked"

They’re trying to blend 1911 trigger with benefits of a polymer frame. I personally have zero interest. However S&W has sold a shit ton of EZ whatever and shields so this might get them an extra sale to all the pistol noobs from 2020.

They’re trying to blend 1911 trigger with benefits of a polymer frame. I personally have zero interest. However S&W has sold a shit ton of EZ whatever and shields so this might get them an extra sale to all the pistol noobs from 2020.
Good point. This silly railroad gun thang certainly isn't the gun for me, but neither was the "EZ" and they're selling them like hotcakes. :oops:

Shows how much I know. [laugh]

The Hudson H9 did it better even if it had that stupid brick of a jawline. I swear the Hudson design with a CZ style frame over slide would kick ass.

kinda interesting yet late to
The party. Cant figure out the safety....is it decocker/safety?? Cant tell how it moves, yet it seems to be on half cock....but SAO??

We need more hammer fired guns but this looks like a bastard.

The Hudson H9 did it better even if it had that stupid brick of a jawline. ...
t1larg.mitt.romney.gi.jpg

5_202013_us-syria-28201_c0-95-1896-1200_s1770x1032.jpg

So should they change the name of the Shield to the Guilford?
ec04399a-bbec-400d-ac34-acc86fb6bb3f_text.gif

Why single action?

I know why ... because SW s*cks balls.

Bunch of p*ssies at SW. When are they going to come up with a new cartridge bigger than their 500? ... Or maybe a 454.

It has been almost 20 years since the 500 was introduced, and it is not even the biggest, the 500 Linebaugh is.

Instead they create some POS single action compact gun for a saturated market that didnt ask for a single action. This sh*t will only sell because SW will flood dealers with it, there will be 20 in every store and a bunch of noobs will buy it.

Why single action?

Bunch of p*ssies at SW. When are they going to come up with a new cartridge bigger than their 500? ... Or maybe a 454.

It has been almost 20 years since the 500 was introduced, and it is not even the biggest, the 500 Linebaugh is.

Instead they create some POS single action compact gun for a saturated market that didnt ask for a single action. This sh*t will only sell because SW will flood dealers with it, there will be 20 in every store and a bunch of noobs will buy it.

1640915601743.png

Why single action?

If it’s real, and it has a hammer, the trigger should be decent!

Why single action?

99% of striker pistols are, I know not ‘technically’ but in essence ‘single action’ as in no restrike (I know there is/are strikers with second strike but it’s not the norm), have to rack slide to make it ready to fire.

99% of striker pistols are, I know not ‘technically’ but in essence ‘single action’ as in no restrike (I know there is/are strikers with second strike but it’s not the norm), have to rack slide to make it ready to fire.
That's fine on a striker. But this POS has a hammer. Another thing that can get caught on sh*t.

Doesn’t per se make a glock single action. Hell the striker is only even partially cocked at rest. Other striker guns, differ, though.

Doesn’t per se make a glock single action. Hell the striker is only even partially cocked at rest. Other striker guns, differ, though.
I know they’re not technically single action, but with the exception of a safety and/or decocker, other than trigger pull, what’s the difference? Pull trigger, no bang, empty chamber or not, the firing pin doesn’t fall again until after the slide is racked again.

I know they’re not technically single action, but with the exception of a safety and/or decocker, other than trigger pull, what’s the difference? Pull trigger, no bang, empty chamber or not, the firing pin doesn’t fall again until after the slide is racked again.
On a single action gun lowering/decocking the hammer/striker requires manually cocking the hammer/striker again without being able to pull the trigger longer/harder to actuate two actions (cock & fire) the gun in a single pull of the trigger (double action). Single action guns have much shorter and finer triggers which theoretically gives them better accuracy from the activation of the trigger resulting in less likelihood of yawing/pitching of the firearm at the expense of safety due to ease of activating the trigger inadvertently.

On a single action gun lowering/decocking the hammer/striker requires manually cocking the hammer/striker again without being able to pull the trigger longer/harder to actuate two actions (cock & fire) the gun in a single pull of the trigger (double action). Single action guns have much shorter and finer triggers which theoretically gives them better accuracy from the activation of the trigger resulting in less likelihood of yawing/pitching of the firearm at the expense of safety due to ease of activating the trigger inadvertently.
You didn’t hear what I was saying

He said "other than trigger pull" what's the difference. Then you proceeded to tell him all about trigger pull.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom