New signs at Methuen state line

Driving I90 West MA into NY, after the WELCOME TO NEW YORK sign these a mile of signs about everything from windshield wipers/rain to Burma-Shave.

Wow, what an ugly sign. Not just the message of it, but the design. Methuen, Massapoopoo couldn't even handle kerning the fonts, consistent spacing between the lines, nor proper information hierarchy for their fascist sign. Sad!

I believe same for the Pheasant Lane Mall's (in Nashua) parking lot.
Can't remember why (probably 200+deals has something to do with it) but I once met a dude there to do an ammo deal. He was from NH, insisted we meet 8n a specific section of the lot because "not MA".

On a different note, when I moved here from Arizona 10 years ago I (hypothetically) drove cross country with my Springfield xD45 on the passenger seat under the map, 13+1 with a spare next to it. Arizona to OK City, OK City to Chicago (stayed at my bro's) then Chicago to Albany NY and finally finally to MA. No idea how many laws I (hypothetically) broke. It's a whole different world out there beyond the walls.

so you can barely read it if you are moving at any speed and they placed them in an obscure place so they'd be lucky if a handful of NH residents actually saw them....typical freakin Mass.

Indeed....

Put GIANT signs on the highway so the majority of NH residents or anyone else coming into the state can see them.

That makes way too much sense. Why help people when MA can screw more with mico signs on back roads. Like I'm sure all carrying NH residents are sneaking into MA on secondary road with nasty gun things with those massive clips that hold hundreds or those bullet things....GMAFB

Didn't they have problems with people shooting holes in the "Welcome to MA" gun signs?

i-shot-the-serif-8181-1244040346-4.jpg

I've seen those signs hundreds of times. Never been able to read the whole thing, but just figured it read "warning, you are now leaving free America, leave your guns at the base of the sign"

I dont carry much at all these days. When I leave for work, I can possibly end up in any state in NE. And when I leave on the weekends to run errands, I often end up dancing back and forth across the border, I'm about a quarter mile from the PRM.

The one time I've been to Pheasant Lane Mall, I went out the south door, and immediately uncovered to start OCing.

And then I stepped off the sidewalk, into Mass, and continued walking west in Mass until I turned the corner back into NH.

Just my way of flipping them the bird. If I get the chance to walk around a border commission monument on the Canada line, I'll do the same there.

Can't remember why (probably 200+deals has something to do with it) but I once met a dude there to do an ammo deal. He was from NH, insisted we meet 8n a specific section of the lot because "not MA".

On a different note, when I moved here from Arizona 10 years ago I (hypothetically) drove cross country with my Springfield xD45 on the passenger seat under the map, 13+1 with a spare next to it. Arizona to OK City, OK City to Chicago (stayed at my bro's) then Chicago to Albany NY and finally finally to MA. No idea how many laws I (hypothetically) broke. It's a whole different world out there beyond the walls.

The biggest part of the PLM lots are in MA, that's why. Look for the cut off corner on the southern side of the mall, thats literally the border.

Driving I90 West MA into NY, after the WELCOME TO NEW YORK sign these a mile of signs about everything from windshield wipers/rain to Burma-Shave.

NY should have signs that read "Welcome to New York, now go back where you came from." That shit hole state deserves to die as much as California.

I went to college in Erie, PA, and the NY state border was 5 minutes away, so it was easy to cross into NY. Anytime you did, there would be 5 or 6 State Police cruisers sitting there waiting to invent excuses to pull you over. They used to drive up next to you and the dick in the passenger seat would point a radar gun at you while they paced you in the fast lane. I'm not making that up, I witnessed it twice.

I believe same for the Pheasant Lane Mall's (in Nashua) parking lot.

The South Parking Area at Pheasant Lane Mall is in Mass. Look at the Satellite View and
you will see the corner of JC Pennys Clipped to keep the building all in NH. Walking out of one door from Sears will put you right into Mass. Someone was arrested there for carrying.

Radtekk, that was me, we met outside of Dicks to give a F-U to them too.

Malodave

The South Parking Area at Pheasant Lane Mall is in Mass. Look at the Satellite View and
you will see the corner of JC Pennys Clipped to keep the building all in NH. Walking out of one door from Sears will put you right into Mass. Someone was arrested there for carrying.

Radtekk, that was me, we met outside of Dicks to give a F-U to them too.

Malodave
As Lady Radtekk and I drive around, I'll frequently say something like "This place/road/building/neighborhood looks familiar" and she replies "Yeah, you probably met a dude here for a thing". Happens a LOT.

I remember the F-U Dicks thing now:)

So I'm in and out of NH multiple times a day. Dracut, Salem, Methuen & Pelham.
I noticed this sign a few weeks ago, finally stopped to read it. They're posted on sidestreets that enter Methuen from Salem or Pelham.

I actually think it's a good reminder for NH residents , who have no idea of MA laws.
It is mind numbing when you realize that something perfectly LEGAL can become a felony simply by crossing an imaginary line.

So I'm in and out of NH multiple times a day. Dracut, Salem, Methuen & Pelham.
I noticed this sign a few weeks ago, finally stopped to read it. They're posted on sidestreets that enter Methuen from Salem or Pelham.

I actually think it's a good reminder for NH residents , who have no idea of MA laws.

Fortunately for us here in Massachusetts crime is at an all time low. So, in the absents of real criminals LEO's have extra time to arrest law abiding citizens from N.H. who make a wrong turn.

Cut and paste does not make you smart.

Did you read what you posted?

And, when is your law school reunion?

Thanks.

My uncle remembers this one well:

Man, to post "You are leaving the American sector"
north of the line on the side of I-93 and US 3 southbound,
the night of the NH presidential primary.

Precisely timed for the MSM getting the hell out of the countryside,
if their flight is out of Logan not Manchester.

Actually, an overpass banner might last the night...

The one time I've been to Pheasant Lane Mall, I went out the south door, and immediately uncovered to start OCing.

And then I stepped off the sidewalk, into Mass, and continued walking west in Mass until I turned the corner back into NH.

Just my way of flipping them the bird.

The actual state line is a circular saw carbide blade cut in the pavement...
images

...and I thought the cut is solidly on the sidewalk itself athwart Sears and the south entrance.
That is, by those doors you're in MA by the time you reach the curb.

If I get the chance to walk around a border commission monument on the Canada line, I'll do the same there.

Bienvenue au Estcort Station.

The actual state line is a circular saw carbide blade cut in the pavement...
images

...and I thought the cut is solidly on the sidewalk itself athwart Sears and the south entrance.
That is, by those doors you're in MA by the time you reach the curb.

It would be an interesting, if not audacious, experiment to straddle the line carrying a pistol on your belt on the NH side and the unarmed half of you on the Массачусетс side...

It would be an interesting, if not audacious, experiment to straddle the line carrying a pistol on your belt on the NH side and the unarmed half of you on the Массачусетс side...

Straddle while carrying a pistol on the NH side and an ounce of weed on the Mass side (federal laws notwithstanding)

Back
Top Bottom