• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New signs at Methuen state line

Palladin

NES Member
So I'm in and out of NH multiple times a day. Dracut, Salem, Methuen & Pelham.
I noticed this sign a few weeks ago, finally stopped to read it. They're posted on sidestreets that enter Methuen from Salem or Pelham.

I actually think it's a good reminder for NH residents , who have no idea of MA laws.

Attachments

• IMG_20180610_1559.jpg
    IMG_20180610_1559.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,140
  • IMG_20180610_8860.jpg
    IMG_20180610_8860.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 1,030
typical Massachusetts...the important part is barely readable given the size of the font. I guess we should be grateful the posted anything. Bow to the masters of tyranny and oppression.

Se
typical Massachusetts...the important part is barely readable given the size of the font. I guess we should be grateful the posted anything. Bow to the masters of tyranny and oppression.
Seriously , you have to come to a complete stop to read it. But, it's also on a residential sidestreet

I'm ok with this - most people from free states can't even fathom how strict our laws are and it probably never even occurs to them that they can get arrested here for having some .22 rounds rolling around under the seat.

Se

Seriously , you have to come to a complete stop to read it. But, it's also on a residential sidestreet

so you can barely read it if you are moving at any speed and they placed them in an obscure place so they'd be lucky if a handful of NH residents actually saw them....typical freakin Mass.

Put GIANT signs on the highway so the majority of NH residents or anyone else coming into the state can see them.

it probably never even occurs to them that they can get arrested here for having some .22 rounds rolling around under the seat.

I am very careful to not leave anything in my car in case someone who does not have an LTC borrows it.

I had a 100 rnd box of WWB break and spill one time. So after I collected them all, I counted them. 102. Glad I only counted after and did not stop looking when I got to 100. Actually I kept looking out of fear that there might have been 103.

I remember the big mandatory 1 year (?) jail sentence signs they used to have at the borders along the major highways. Maybe when Dukakis was Governor?

Yes, under Dukakis. When Ed King was governor after Dukakis, he had the "unfriendly" signs removed because it was bad for tourism.

Welcome to Massachusetts. Papers please.

Exactly, the Peoples Republik of MA.

I am very careful to not leave anything in my car in case someone who does not have an LTC borrows it.
I am very careful not to loan my car to anyone who does not have an LTC. My kid learned this when she turned 15.
[quopte]Exactly, the Democratik Peoples Republik of MA.[/quote]
FIFY

Welcome to Massachusetts. Papers please.
Saw this one down in Texas:
210yofo.jpg

My uncle remembers this one well:
11homefires-adamovich2-blog427-v2.jpg

Yes, under Dukakis. When Ed King was governor after Dukakis, he had the "unfriendly" signs removed because it was bad for tourism.

Yeah, after they passe the Bartley-Fox crap.
IIRC, after they came down, one of them was given to GOAL as a souvenir.

A NH legislator tried to get this done a few years ago, and it was shot down. There are some places that you momentarily enter Massholia while driving thru Salem NH.

Lowe's in Salem. Building is in Salem, the parking lot is in Methuen

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180610-124015.png
    Screenshot_20180610-124015.png
    76.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_20180610-124242.png
    Screenshot_20180610-124242.png
    272.5 KB · Views: 125
I would love to see signs posted from the Minga Valley PD saying:

Gun Theft is A Crime.
Anyone Caught with Stolen Firearms
Will be Prosecuted to the Fullest