New Policy - Merrimack, NH

Me said:
Now an open carry event in MA I would totally and completely be down for....I open carry in NH anyway - been there - done that....

I always find it amusing when the Massachusetts merrymakers are all gung-ho to head for New Hampshire for an open carry event, but fall silent when the same is suggested for Massachusetts....Cue the obligatory cricket photo - I don't have one:

I always find it amusing when the Massachusetts merrymakers are all gung-ho to head for New Hampshire for an open carry event, but fall silent when the same is suggested for Massachusetts....Cue the obligatory cricket photo - I don't have one:
Ayup - people yell and scream when there is a red-hot poker in their rear, but say nothing when its in someone else's rear...

I don't get it...Open carry is perfectly legal here in MA. Why has no one organized an "Open Carry Trash Pick Up In MA"? How about a toy drive on Boston Common? Food pantry in Pittsfield? Bake sale in Worcester? Beach clean-up on Plumb Island? Would anyone come if I organized it, or would I be standing there alone, wondering where all those people are - so eager to head to New Hampshire for the day so they can do there what is perfectly legal to do here?
Anyone?

Blah...It's all bullshit...United in cowardice we fall....It's the circular toilet bowl of governing by fear and sooner or later, we all wind up in the sludge anyway...The worst sheep really are the ones who don't know they are...
Pragmatism is not cowardice...

I can protest without a gun on my hip at the state-house and give them no cause to revoke my license which I can then use to protect myself and family.

Or I can give them cause, spend 10's of thousands in courts hoping I can get it back...

Risk vs Reward... Look at the big picture and what you are trying to accomplish at any given time and in the long term...

While I agree in principle that there are a lot of coward keyboard warriors who feel safe in NH, but aren't willing to confront their state government at home - that does not invariably mean I think we should be marching on the street (yet) with OC'd weapons.

Step one would be packing the state-house each and every time gun issues come up. Before you march around somewhere else, march there...

Pragmatism is not cowardice...

I can protest without a gun on my hip at the state-house and give them no cause to revoke my license which I can then use to protect myself and family.

Or I can give them cause, spend 10's of thousands in courts hoping I can get it back...

Risk vs Reward... Look at the big picture and what you are trying to accomplish at any given time and in the long term...

While I agree in principle that there are a lot of coward keyboard warriors who feel safe in NH, but aren't willing to confront their state government at home - that does not invariably mean I think we should be marching on the street (yet) with OC'd weapons.

Step one would be packing the state-house each and every time gun issues come up. Before you march around somewhere else, march there...

Who said anything about marching? I'm talking about a group of people exercising their rights as free men and simultaneously accomplishing some good civic deeds, rather than head to New Hampshire to do the same. I hear a lot of talk around here about "letting liberals scare you out of the state", but little in the way of making a difference here...Trust me - we've called for marches and protests and are met with a wall of: "my kid has a soccer game".... Any disconnect I feel for Beacon Hill has less to do with apathy and more to do with politico reality. Those who appear to lead the fight, do not necessarily...

Who said anything about marching? I'm talking about a group of people exercising their rights as free men and simultaneously accomplishing some good civic deeds, rather than head to New Hampshire to do the same.
I am in total agreement that they should be protesting here before they go there.

I disagree that OC trash cleanup is the best use of man-power when we are so vastly out-numbered...

We have a long way to go in this state to re-establish the Constitutional rule of law and due process. I think its worthwhile exercise to do so even in the face of the fact that we are in fact not "free men" here (except that we are free to leave) because MA's neighboring state's are not as immune as they believe themselves to be from the moonbats here... If they stand unchallenged here, they become emboldened to take their oppression national...

In fact, we are witnessing this process exactly with Nationalized Healthcare. They did it here and there "no riots in the street" according to one NPR report. So, they realized they could do it nationally... And they will...

So, in addition to good towns in MA not hopelessly lost in the liberal morass, there is the matter of other states in this nation I love and have lived in...

You want an OC event in MA? Here's how you do it...

You raise $3K-10K to pay for 30-60 non MA (NH, most likely) residents to apply for MA LTC's. You do so with the understanding that anyone who gets an LTC "donated" must support the cause and participate in the first OC event for which there are, say, 20+ out of staters legally able to participate in.

Then, we pull the liberal stunt and "bus" ourselves to where ever the event is to be held. We OC, likely get arrested, and maybe even get charged with something stupid like disturbing the peace.

Then, with 20 of us charged with a BS charge and our legally obtained LTC's revoked for a legal activity, we file a class action suit against whatever body need be.

Pipe dream? Probably.

But, then you solve the puzzle of "how to get someone to fight for their rights when doing so is guaranteed to further restrict them".

I don't care about my MA LTC being revoked (If I had a current one). I'm just not nearly rich enough to spend a couple of hundred dollars getting it to get it revoked.

According to the rumor, there is a risk associated with OC in Merrimack. The risk of detainment. Plus, if the rumor is true, I really want to see the look on the Merrimack officers faces when the have to detain 20 guys with guns lol.

Just my understanding of being an "early mover" of the FreeStateProject.org to NH.

Lots of rumors but ... the NH RSA's (statutes) govern what the police may legally do.

There is no statute requiring one to even give your name if there is no suspision or active investigation of a crime. A firearm can be temporary taken only during questioning if there is suspision of a crime.

Now what they illegally do is up to what you alow them. Most people just give in to them and/or never follow up with lawsuits afterwards but the are statutes detailing their limits.

(My bold underlining)
NH RSA
TITLE LIX
Section 594:2 Questioning and Detaining Suspects. – A peace officer may stop any person abroad whom he has reason to suspect is committing, has committed or is about to commit a crime, and may demand of him his name, address, business abroad and where he is going. Source. 1941, 163:2. RL 423:21. RSA 594:2. 1985, 255:2, eff. Jan. 1, 1986.

Section 594:3 Searching for Weapons. – A peace officer may search for a dangerous weapon any person whom he is questioning or about to question as provided in RSA 594:2 whenever he reasonably believes that he might be in danger if such person possessed a dangerous weapon. If the officer finds a weapon, he may take and keep it until the completion of the questioning, when he shall either return it or arrest the person.

I don't know why the OP started this thread.

attention-whore3.jpg

Thank you, Timber for calling BS to the mat, and thanks to Chief Milligan for a straightforward response from a 2A-respecting department.

good stuff. still, and OC event at silos isn't outta the question... they do have goooooooood food there.

Timber, thanks for setting the record strait.

This whole thing seems like a Doobie-Fest and resident or not - I'd not want to be associated with his 'causes' on any level...

Which of his causes do you disagree with? The Second Amendment to the Constitution? Do you get the vapors when he open carries and it makes the news?

I'll take 1 Doobie who is not afraid to stand up for what he believes in over 100 of you sheep too afraid to stand up for what you think is right.

Which of his causes do you disagree with? The Second Amendment to the Constitution? Do you get the vapors when he open carries and it makes the news?

I'll take 1 Doobie who is not afraid to stand up for what he believes in over 100 of you sheep too afraid to stand up for what you think is right.

Watch who you're calling a sheep pal, (or perhaps look in the mirror)...I happen to know Doobie and while I do not not disagree with his cause, I do not think he necessarily does his cause any favors...

Personally, I could give a crap whether he open carries or makes the news. He's disloyal to his friends and that's all I need. Anything else? Or are you done being an asshat?

Watch who you're calling a sheep pal, (or perhaps look in the mirror)...I happen to know Doobie and while I do not not disagree with his cause, I do not think he necessarily does his cause any favors...

Personally, I could give a crap whether he open carries or makes the news. He's disloyal to his friends and that's all I need. Anything else? Or are you done being an asshat?

We weren't discussing Doobie or his "disloyalty," we were discussing him open carrying. Context is everything, my friend.

I respect a man who stands up for his rights.

We weren't discussing Doobie or his "disloyalty," we were discussing him open carrying. Context is everything, my friend.

As do I. However, when one stands up for his rights while simultaneously being treasonous to his friends, that's where I draw the line. One action may trump another.

Mr. Weebles, I respect your opinions and enjoy your posts here, but it seems that Mark and I may have a little more insight into the man called "doobie". I don't mean to take sides or start a pissing match, just sayin'.

As do I. However, when one stands up for his rights while simultaneously being treasonous to his friends, that's where I draw the line. One action may trump another.

Mr. Weebles, I respect your opinions and enjoy your posts here, but it seems that Mark and I may have a little more insight into the man called "doobie". I don't mean to take sides or start a pissing match, just sayin'.

Again, we weren't discussing any disloyalty on his part, we were discussing him exercising his rights enumerated in the Second Amendment to the Constitution.

You may indeed have other information relative to his character but it isn't relevant in this context.

He stands up for what he believes in, and I respect that.

Yeah and I'll say it again for contexts sake: "There is a distinct difference between standing up for your rights and being an attention whore". Context is everything...

Back
Top Bottom