• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New member saying Hello; asking for help acquiring 1st handgun

Hello; I'm a 56 yr. old ,lifetime resident of Fitchburg,Ma. long time shooter, hunter, long guns; recent LTC and would like aquire and experience handguns; reading theads/posts it sounds like a good group of guys, with lots of knowledge. I'd like to also ask for some help; steering me in right direction to find a Kahr K9 pre-1998 due to Ma. regs. it would be appreciated; thanks John
ps: my son and I are American/musclecar resto-hobbiest.

Welcome to NES John.

There's also a lot of us here that are gearheads. You're in good company. [smile]

Welcome!

Nice gun. Ridiculously easy to conceal and always goes bang. While I've heard people complain about the weight for daily carry, it doesn't bother me and it makes it heavy enough that my girlfriend is completely comfortable shooting it. I'll probably be looking for a second in the future whenever she decides to carry.

There was a K9 at First Defense in Uxbridge the last time I was there. If you like the gun but don't care about caliber, there's a K40 (same gun in .40 S&W) down at Sparky's in Webster, and Four Seasons has one listed in their used section right now (http://fsguns.com/used/).

If you haven't I have no personal experience with the K40, but a friend on here does. I'm sure you can find someone who'll let you shoot either one (or both, if you haven't shot the K9) to compare.

Back
Top Bottom