• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Keltec KSG 12 Gauge bullpup pump gun (14+1)

This is off of the Foxborough PD's website in the FAQ section:
Effective October 21,1998, the law establishes a new category of large capacity weapons and feeding devices. A weapon is large capacity if it is a semiautomatic handgun or rifle that is capable of accepting a feeding device that holds more than 10 rounds, or more than 5 shotgun shells (in the case of a shotgun).

so that means that this would be considered a non-large capacity gun?

edit: i wonder if this gun will be on the next call of duty? lol

Everyone says that but I can't justify it based on the law. Pump shotguns are prevented from being 'large capacity weapons' and 'assault weapons', but I can't find anything that exempts a magazine over 5 rounds from being a 'large capacity ammunition feeding device' because it's attached to a pump gun.

If you go digging deep enough on NES I'd wager a bet that Scriv covered this issue in great detail in a previous life, so to speak. [laugh]

-Mike

...and it's not a bullpup. It's just a very short barreled shotgun with a unique mag system.

From The Kel-Tec Website...

Posted today...

PREVIEW: Kel-Tec Shotgun (KSG)
01-04-2011

The time for secrecy is nearing its end. This SHOT Show, Kel-Tec will be revealing its next ground-breaking product: the KSG (Kel-Tec Shotgun).

The KSG is our first entry into the shotgun market. The size, shape and design are similar to the currently available Kel-Tec RFB rifle, but the KSG ejects downward, instead of forward. The KSG weighs 6.9lbs and is as compact as legally possible with a 26.1" overall length and an 18.5" cylinder bore barrel. Even with this compact size, the internal dual tube magazines hold an impressive 14 rounds of 12 gage 2-3/4" rounds (7 per tube). The simple and reliable pump action feeds from either the left or right tube. The feed side is manually selected by a lever located behind the trigger guard. The lever can be positioned in the center detent in order to easily clear the chamber without feeding another round from either magazine. A cross bolt style safety blocks the sear, and the pump release lever is located in front of the trigger guard.

The pump includes an under Picatinny rail for the mounting of a forward grip, or a light or laser. The included top Picatinny sight rail will accept many types of optics or iron sights. Forward and rear sling loops are built in, and a basic sling is included. The soft rubber butt pad helps to tame recoil.

MSRP has not been officially been set, but we are looking at the $800.00 range.

http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/preview-kel-tec-shotgun-ksg

...and it's not a bullpup. It's just a very short barreled shotgun with a unique mag system.
It's definitely a bullpup. 26.1" overall length minus 18.5" barrel equals 7.6" behind the breech face. The trigger is at least in the center of the gun, maybe forward of center, at least 5" forward of the breech face. It looks like the rear portion of the barrel is shrouded.

I take it this is the downward-facing ejection port?
ksg_ejection_port.JPG

If so, that should end the non-bullpup argument.

I can't wait to get my hands on one to see how much twisting-torque I can apply to the forend with the pistol grip. That will be the real indicator of quality and longevity on this one.

Ever try using any bullpup from the other shoulder? Think you always get to choose which side of cover you will have to fire around? Want to expose your entire torso in order to fire? that's what fiing RH around the left side of cover forces you to do.

Ever try using any bullpup from the other shoulder? Think you always get to choose which side of cover you will have to fire around? Want to expose your entire torso in order to fire? that's what fiing RH around the left side of cover forces you to do.

Did you eat paint chips as a kid or did mommy just drop you on your head?

I'm getting one and that's that.

I love the funky stuff. I'm still kicking myself for not getting a Crossfire MK-1 for $200 a few years back, but I redeemed myself on a killer FS2000 deal.

Get em while you can.

Hell, the Kushnapup project had an idea:

photo2.jpg

I can't believe there hasn't been one reputable company to come up with this mod for Saiga 12s. Is it because the JBTs would be kicking in the door as the design went to production?!

Back
Top Bottom