• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Keltec KSG 12 Gauge bullpup pump gun (14+1)

This is completely ridiculous.
KSG_3357web.jpg

I must have one. [devil]

you think this will be legal in MA?

it seems too evil looking for Mass.

Why wouldn't it be? It's just a pump shotgun with a 14 round tube.

because this is Massachusetts. Where you cant have folding stocks for rifles, but you can have them for pump shotguns. where you can hunt a coyote with a .50 cal rifle, but cant use a rifled slug except during deer season...

I dont see why it wouldnt be ma legal... other then looking entirely scary and evil lol

but it doesnt have a detachable mag, is a pump... not a colapsable stock...

unless the overall length is an issue... i dont see it violating the law.

but yea... I want one... even if it doenst work, lol... it just looks scary!

although I agree with Ray's sentiments (Saiga 12 FTW), I can't help but drool at this magnificent creation

ksg4459web.jpg

ksgc5l4408web.jpg

gVctf.jpg

keltecshotgunsize.jpg

The "shortiness" of this thing does have a black hole like pull on me.

I wonder if the ends of the mag tubes are just thread on caps so you could add 2 +2 extensions and have 18+1...

Dear Kel-Tec,

Enclosed is a signed check. Please write in whatever amount will get me that gun.

That's about how I feel, but first I'd like them to:

• Make it work.
  • Get it into production.

Since it's Kel-Tec, I'm going to go ahead and not set aside the purchase price just yet.

I dont see why it wouldnt be ma legal... other then looking entirely scary and evil lol

but it doesnt have a detachable mag, is a pump... not a colapsable stock...

unless the overall length is an issue... i dont see it violating the law.

but yea... I want one... even if it doenst work, lol... it just looks scary!

This is what I wonder too - is this MA legal?

I've shown it to a few people and they come back and say " no way that could be MA legal" - but I think that's a reflexive reaction to the sheer awesomeness of it.

Need somebody who remembers the MA laws better than I do to say that MA legalness of this.

It is a pump shot gun, it is of legal length, I don't understand the gut reaction to call this not legal.

It is a pump shot gun, it is of legal length, I don't understand the gut reaction to call this not legal.

The gut reaction is "I want it... therefore it's probably not MA legal".

The only other consideration that I can see is the obvious capacity issue, but it's been beaten to death on this forum that pump-shotguns are not limited to 5 rounds, so there's really nothing in MA law that it could run afoul of.

The governor's jackasses will begin pushing for new legislation shortly.

it's been beaten to death on this forum that pump-shotguns are not limited to 5 rounds, so there's really nothing in MA law that it could run afoul of.

Everyone says that but I can't justify it based on the law. Pump shotguns are prevented from being 'large capacity weapons' and 'assault weapons', but I can't find anything that exempts a magazine over 5 rounds from being a 'large capacity ammunition feeding device' because it's attached to a pump gun.

Everyone says that but I can't justify it based on the law. Pump shotguns are prevented from being 'large capacity weapons' and 'assault weapons', but I can't find anything that exempts a magazine over 5 rounds from being a 'large capacity ammunition feeding device' because it's attached to a pump gun.

If it was against the law then I can assure you there wouldn't be ONE dealer in this state willing to risk their license to sell them. The only thing I can think of is that it is legal if it comes from the factory with a higher capacity than 5 as a pump shotgun.

If it was against the law then I can assure you there wouldn't be ONE dealer in this state willing to risk their license to sell them. The only thing I can think of is that it is legal if it comes from the factory with a higher capacity than 5 as a pump shotgun.

While I'm of the opinion this is legal, gun stores are not lawyers.

EDIT:
MGLs said:
“Large capacity feeding device”, (i) a fixed or detachable magazine, box, drum, feed strip or similar device capable of accepting,
Huh. It seems like it depends if a tube is a "magazine" or "similar device". That's a little disturbing, and pretty grey.

Last edited:
I would be interested in it after durability reviews...seems like a whole lotta polymer on it though.. that and a combination high brass could equal fail.

I would never trust my freedom to a dealer. I once had a dealer tell me that he couldn't sell me hi-cap M&P magazines, but that if S&W sent them to me for the rebate by mistake I was good to go.

Yeah but, from what I understand, the high capacity feeding device laws are part of the AWB and only pertain to semi-automatics.

This is off of the Foxborough PD's website in the FAQ section:

Effective October 21,1998, the law establishes a new category of large capacity weapons and feeding devices. A weapon is large capacity if it is a semiautomatic handgun or rifle that is capable of accepting a feeding device that holds more than 10 rounds, or more than 5 shotgun shells (in the case of a shotgun).

It looks like the RFB a bit. I've checked it a couple of RFB's and theyare a cut or two above the other keltec stuff I've seen. If they can make them I can see them becoming the new shape of evil. Plus I like the bullpups. I bet it is a heavy bitch when full.

although I agree with Ray's sentiments (Saiga 12 FTW), I can't help but drool at this magnificent creation

ksg4459web.jpg

ksgc5l4408web.jpg

gVctf.jpg

keltecshotgunsize.jpg

The "shortiness" of this thing does have a black hole like pull on me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The BATFE did not consider a fixed tube attached to a pump shotgun during the fed ban to be a LCFD, so I'm going to go with that determination. Hell, everyone in MA already looks at the fed definitions for everything else AWB so why not here?

Back
Top Bottom