New Keltec KSG 12 Gauge bullpup pump gun (14+1)

Zero Hour had an RFB on the wall the other day. I took a look at it, it's a pretty cool gun.

Cool - I'll have to take a trip down there and take a look.

Found this video while sitting inside waiting for the snow to stop -and cruising the gun blogs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just based on pictures and the video, it seems like if the gun was an inch or two longer, it'd be easier/more comfy to pump the action.

Many companies start off the way Kel-Tec has - making cheaper products and then moving upstream. The RFB - from everything I have read - is reasonably reliable. As a .308 bullpup though - I don't think it has quite the "draw" that this bullpup shotgun has. I can see this shotgun having massive interest from civilian shooters, home defense'rs, the LEO market, maybe even military.

If they start getting that kind of interest - especially LEO and military - then they will HAVE TO up their quality. If they want to grow the company they will have to deal with all the issues of growing in size - and upping their quality. If they don't - they may crash and burn. If you like working at an entepreneurial Co. - Kel-Tec would probably be a great place to be working going forward.

didnt mossberg have a bullpup shotgun in the 90's or 80's? It was aimed at LEOs but i guess it didnt catch on. i am sure you guys know what i am talking about, i am not very familiar with mossberg.

Cool - I'll have to take a trip down there and take a look.

Found this video while sitting inside waiting for the snow to stop -and cruising the gun blogs:

It's a beast.

Just based on pictures and the video, it seems like if the gun was an inch or two longer, it'd be easier/more comfy to pump the action.

Looks pretty harsh. I bet a vertical front grip would help out this platform a LOT.

Last edited by a moderator:
didnt mossberg have a bullpup shotgun in the 90's or 80's? It was aimed at LEOs but i guess it didnt catch on. i am sure you guys know what i am talking about, i am not very familiar with mossberg.

Mossberg and Maverick made a HORROR of a bullpup with a regular shotgun put into a plastic stock. No sights but a thin carry handle that was useless for even sighting down. I had one and it was reliable but totally useless as you ended up hip shooting the thing for a few rounds and then getting bored with it really quick. It did have a VFG but it was wobbly as heck.

After watching the video I'm left with a less than thrilled feeling.[thinking]

More reason I'll wait until someone comes out with a Saiga bullpup design that functions 100% and is actually for sale.

Looks pretty harsh. I bet a vertical front grip would help out this platform a LOT.

The last few seconds of the video had a foward grip on it....look at the difference in stability and cycle speed. 1st mod on that gun = Vertical foward grip.

Straight down under your cheek, watch that video again closer, you can see the shells falling from that point.

This. I really want to see a full review of this bad larry by a non-kel tec employee. Someone needs to beat the **** out of this thing.

From the video and pictures of the internals that are around, I'm betting it's reasonably solid, but somewhat unpleasant to shoot and miserable ergonomically. Combined with concerns about large-capacity-feeding-devices, I think I might go back to my AR and be content with 55gr at 3000fps.

From the video and pictures of the internals that are around, I'm betting it's reasonably solid, but somewhat unpleasant to shoot and miserable ergonomically. Combined with concerns about large-capacity-feeding-devices, I think I might go back to my AR and be content with 55gr at 3000fps.

its only a 12ga shotgun. not a cannon.

Kel Tec has posted the KSG to their website and is saying that the MSRP will be near the 800 dollar range. It does state 26.1" OAL and 14 in the mag tubes at 2-3/4. They give no date to market but my guess will be late June-July, they always seem to shoot for that time frame with new releases.
http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/preview-kel-tec-shotgun-ksg

And yes, I'm in for 2 of them, just like their RMR-30 rifles. Look, it gives me another reason to buy another safe.

Kel Tec has posted the KSG to their website and is saying that the MSRP will be near the 800 dollar range. It does state 26.1" OAL and 14 in the mag tubes at 2-3/4. They give no date to market but my guess will be late June-July, they always seem to shoot for that time frame with new releases.
http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/preview-kel-tec-shotgun-ksg

And yes, I'm in for 2 of them, just like their RMR-30 rifles. Look, it gives me another reason to buy another safe.

When these come out - I'll be in for at least one. We'll have to petition C-Pher to get a group buy going.

From the video, I can tell the recoil is no worse that my 18.5" Winchester 1300.

When my oldest came home on leave once, he got his first chance to shoot it. I set it up so the first two rounds were No.7, followed by a 4B, then a slug. He fired the first shot, said, "Okay, I got this!", fired the next, grinned, fired the next, furrowed his brow a bit, fired the next, then turned to me with the most confused WTF face you've ever seen. [smile]

From the video and pictures of the internals that are around, I'm betting it's reasonably solid, but somewhat unpleasant to shoot and miserable ergonomically.

It's a pump action shotgun made for blowing stuff up. It's not some trap/skeet thing with birds engraved on it with a high rib, gold beads and a stock comb that is precisely fitted to the shooter.

Part of the problem with the $800 ish price tag is that will easily buy you a Rem 1100 that will hold like 8 shells and be a hell of a lot more comfortable to fire.

-Mike

It's a pump action shotgun made for blowing stuff up. It's not some trap/skeet thing with birds engraved on it with a high rib, gold beads and a stock comb that is precisely fitted to the shooter.

Part of the problem with the $800 ish price tag is that will easily buy you a Rem 1100 that will hold like 8 shells and be a hell of a lot more comfortable to fire.

-Mike

Well, I mean you could pick up two mavericks for $350 and glue them together like that one guy, but you still won't have a bullpup. I'll reserve my judgements though for when I get hands on with the thing. It's either going to feel like $800 worth or it's not.

Back
Top Bottom